Sony Xperia Z - user opinions and reviews

Sony

I am going to purchase one.I just want to know can i see its display clearly in sunlight and how good is its front camera for skype?

• 2014-07-09 19:02
  • PEqf

Still struggling to decide whether to update my phone to kitkat or not. Is these problems (battery drain,lag) still exists after the update for sometime..?

• 2014-07-09 17:27
  • PTGs

> In reply to haresh.m @ 2014-07-09 12:11 from vGAp - click to readI'm from India brought xperia. Z from dubai but till no update to kk can u tell how u did

• 2014-07-09 17:25
  • rKHa

> In reply to Nody XM @ 2014-07-09 15:53 from Nqkt - click to read322.6 mb

• 2014-07-09 16:18
  • U$0}

What's the size of kitkat in megabytes???

• 2014-07-09 15:53
  • Nqkt

> In reply to maaz ahmed @ 2014-07-09 12:56 from 6Q91 - click to readdon't update it to andriod 4.3. stick with the one comes default. fone is gr8.
for update don't update to andriod 4.3.wait until Andriod kitkat 4.4.2 update .
The fone was ok ,till i updated it to 4.3. this update ruins the battery timing and also the front camera.

• 2014-07-09 15:37
  • LbXt

Does the problems really solve after resetting the phone after kitkat update?

• 2014-07-09 14:40
  • rAWq

got kitkat in india....

• 2014-07-09 13:54
  • utp8

i am planing to buy this phone please tell me about its loud speaker sound quality ,indoor camera quality and bettery timming on gaming or web browsing experts and also tell me all the problems and weakness of the set please help me!!!!!!

• 2014-07-09 12:56
  • 6Q91

Kitkat 4.4.2 Update available in India.

Yesterday I updated my Z 6602 and it's cool apart from battery usage.
*Battery drain very fast.

• 2014-07-09 12:11
  • vGAp

> In reply to Avez kasmani @ 2014-07-09 11:14 from rAgR - click to readHow I upgrade Google play service to 5.0

• 2014-07-09 11:47
  • uw87

> In reply to lakshya-- @ 2014-07-09 09:03 from utF8 - click to readHow can i do factory reset.? And it will wipe my all data...

• 2014-07-09 11:14
  • rAgR

What's the size of kitkat in megabytes??

• 2014-07-09 10:29
  • Nqu}

> In reply to [deleted post]Tell me bro....wat help?

• 2014-07-09 09:03
  • utF8

Hey Guys, updated My Xperia Z to kit kat last night, 4.4.2 and below are my reviews,

( Note : Please format the phone once after the update to remove all the lags in the UI )

Pro's,
- Amazing lock screen
- Lot more new options available in setting
- I have heard about improved battery life, not tested myself though
- Better battery icon
- And there would be obvious internal service improvements

Cons
-Laggy setting page
It can be fixed by enabling "Forced GPU rendering" but that would take a toll on phone battery. Not much though, but still.
-Lag in opening application
Click on messaging for example and see the lag. Its clearly noticeable. Even when i press return from the messaging app, there's a clear lag again
-Bad camera pictures in low light and in flash
This was there before too and still persist. The camera is great outdoor during day, but in low light and on flash, it takes sad photos. I clicked a pic with an Samsung S4 in the exact low light condition and difference was by far. I can share those pics too if required.

Overall i am not satisfied with the update. I feel the phone performance has marginally decreased. Though most of it can be made up by using the options in developers tool but the very need of that indicates that the phone performance has reduced.

This is good config phone. I can see my friend running 4.4.4 on Moto G and it runs smooth, i expected it muuch better on Xperia Z. Though i like Sony phones, not that satisfied with this update :(

• 2014-07-09 08:39
  • 2WHk

i like real japan's product please don't write on phone made in china.i really hate china product i would like to use original sony xperia made by japan.i don't like made in china.

• 2014-07-09 07:34
  • tue9

> In reply to nik @ 2014-07-08 23:12 from 3YY{ - click to readReally it works thanks dude

• 2014-07-09 06:58
  • rAVT

my friend used his sony xperia and never complained about anything or any update, he just upgraded to the z2 and said he will never use any other celphone except for sony xperia.

• 2014-07-09 05:56
  • NHV0

so far so good, since i got update the kitkat OS alot of improvements into my xz..thanks for the services and hoping more...by now,i'm waiting for new update of latest android L OS...

• 2014-07-09 05:09
  • 7Xuj

XPERIA Z C6603 MODE (India)
updated my phone to kitkat last night..
Lots of error at first.
Factory reset was enough to solve the problem...
Improved battery performance and smoother touch...

• 2014-07-09 05:07
  • t1$B
Total of 14286 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia Z.