Sony Xperia Z - user opinions and reviews

• EP$h

Lollipop lollipop lollipop!!!!

• 2015-03-17 03:27
  • iwpx

Hi I drop my phone in cooking oil last night and new people say there can't. Here me whot do I need to do

• 2015-03-16 22:15
  • HD$R

i think may be end of march xperia z get lollipop

• 2015-03-16 17:06
  • tA{L

Why sony getting late for lolipop..............
eagerly waiting for lolipop any specific date here plz tell me?

• 2015-03-16 11:32
  • v$xX

sony said they will not upgrade xperia z to lolipop just z1,2,3 will upgrade

• 2015-03-15 16:13
  • ajHr

make believe!

• 2015-03-15 03:23
  • iwpK

> In reply to WaIx @ 2015-03-14 18:26 from U{dQ - click to readall cells heat up... especially with these SONY specs

• 2015-03-15 01:56
  • 4STi

I Used This Phone For 10 monthes.I Found only one Problem It get heated Fast.But In other ways its Good Phone Nice Battery backup,Camera,Etc.....Jst Luv This Phone

• 2015-03-14 18:26
  • U{dQ

I got this phone a few months ago. And I have dropped it quite a few times. But still it worked. There was no scratch on the screen or a crack. Then suddenly one say I picked it up and the top half of the phone, the touch screen stopped working. I restarted it several times. But still it didn't work. Now only the bottom half of the touch screen works. :(

- Is there a solution to this???

• 2015-03-14 09:08
  • P%Lm

I am using this phone for 6 mouth it a realy good phone
Sony (make,believe)

• 2015-03-13 17:14
  • IWSt

after one year using this phone here's my comments :
- No heating at all
- Never hangs even after updating to 4.4.4
- very good battery
- camera compared to Samsung is not good enough
- suitable for heavy games

and now counting days for the lollipop update :)

• 2015-03-13 15:22
  • gp1I

> In reply to Shogun @ 2015-03-12 17:54 from qd}F - click to readMy Xperia Z C6602 was the same issue. No voice during call (earphone didn't work). Even I downgrade to Jelly Bean 4.1.2, the problem was still exist. I did touch the top of earphone, when the sound came back again, I used it normally. Don't squeeze the earphone, the problem would reappear. The best solution at that time, I touched (like knock the earphone using finger) the earphone at the top LCD. The problem could gone for long time.

• 2015-03-13 13:57
  • tDCr

Got these Sony Xperia Z barely 3months ago and it overheats. It has finally switched off and cant pick up...took it to sony service centre and they too cant diagonise it has declined to pick power back what cud be the cause

• 2015-03-13 12:35
  • T4n@

Well I got this phone a few days ago running android 4.3 Xperia Z C6603 but it over heats up and battery life on this device is terrible and yet it has a 2330mAh battery so what can I do some answer before I leave Sony for good

• 2015-03-13 04:00
  • Nv$b

> In reply to Kris @ 2015-03-12 11:29 from 61wG - click to readis the battery dead when i upgrade the sony z to 4.4.4???

• 2015-03-12 22:33
  • TgAx

> In reply to Kris @ 2015-03-12 11:29 from 61wG - click to readTo much time on your hands Sony basher!!!

• 2015-03-12 19:57
  • 4STi

I have a problem with this phone. Sometime, I don't hear voice or they don't hear me. Problem only solve when I switch to speakerphone. I'm not the only one with this issue with the Sony Z series. It seems to be relate to the KitKat update, not the hardware itselt. Have someone resolve this?

• 2015-03-12 17:54
  • qd}F

I think I need to grab a new phone, I really like the looks of this phone, simple and elegant. I'm using this phone for almost one year.

Pros:
- The looks is awesome.
- Camera quality is outstanding using standard camera app (I'm using some of premium third party camera app, the quality is blurry, so I think sony doing a great job with their camera app)
- Bravia quality is sick, any video become amazing!
- Water resist, I can using the phone in my bathtub.

Cons:
- Battery. I'm doing many trick to reduce battery drain, but it drain battery really fast, I need to charge it 3 times a day.
- Hot. This phone going very hot even when you using it for whatsapp, when playing games, it feels like you touch a glass with hot water inside it.
- Lagging, this phone is so slow, I'm doing many tricks, but still lagging, sometimes I want to kick my phone :P
- If you're using standard room, there're lot of unused app you can't remove, e.g. I can't open walkman before updating the xperia account, in other hand that xperia account is useless.
- Bad viewing angle. It feels like old phone :P
- Over price, another smartphone got dragon trail or gorilla glass, oleophobic coating, but why sony just give us a cheap glass? even for z3?

For a comparison, a couple month ago I've octa core smartphone with same battery capacity, with octa core processor, when playing HD games, the phone just got slightly warm, and I only need to charge once a day.

@vijay:
In my country we have similar condition, sony is really popular with their worst after sales, even when your phone still have a guarantee, they don't want to replace with new phone, they'll repair it.
But, here, you can repair the sony phone, you must waiting 2-3 month, and some people got bad luck must wait for 6 month. that's unbelievable.
And 50% of them, got a problem after repair their phone, e.g. the phone become not water resistant, can't close back casing, camera become BSS, etc.

I choose sony because they design looks elegant, and camera quality. but I'm not interested to buy any sony smartphone, sony, z3 with that price you can add a gorilla glass!

• 2015-03-12 11:29
  • 61wG

lollipop update?

• 2015-03-12 03:41
  • iwpx
Total of 16479 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia Z.