Sony Xperia Z - user opinions and reviews

Sony

Never before have I been so baffled in my 16 years of retail at how disappointed I was after I purchased my Xperia. Within a matter of weeks after purchasing the phone, the LCD screen cracker while just sitting in my pocket. Not the glass but the LCD Touch screen underneath which means the touch no longer works. If you haven't had this phone, this means you cant even turn the phone off so I was receiving calls from all of my clients I couldn't respond to, waking up to every alarm previously set and receiving messages I'd never be able to read or see who they're from.

I then called sony, they made me pay shipping to Texas so they could evaluate the phone. After strongly resisting confessing to manufacturer fault they agreed to replace it. It then took over a month to get the replacement (refurbished not new). I literally had to wait longer to get the replacement, than I had the original for.

This time it only took 2 weeks after receiving the second phone, before the same problem happened again. I'm in day 5 of waiting and calling Sony's so called customer support and gave yet to be able to speek with a supervisor. After spending the same amount of money for this phone as I could have paid for an entire class at school.

After experiencing the poor and very upsetting customer service center, I have sold or traded my PS4, 52" TV, laptop and sound equipment for fear that if something happens to any of it, Sony will leave me hanging again.

• 2014-05-05 00:54
  • Ibxc

Never before have I been so baffled in my 16 years of retail at how disappointed I was after I purchased my Xperia. Within a matter of weeks after purchasing the phone, the LCD screen cracked while just sitting in my pocket. Not the glass but the LCD Touch screen underneath which means the touch no longer works. If you haven't had this phone, this means you cant even turn the phone of

• 2014-05-05 00:34
  • Ibxc

> In reply to John @ 2014-05-03 14:33 from KA0% - click to readI have xperia z,if im not mistake is it waterproof thats why i bought it,but after 7 mos and i used it underwater...and ill try to make some photo shot but after 2 mins..my mobile automatically shutdown.im confused what happened to my mobile..im 100% sure i closed all ports of my mobile,and when i report it to sony center ...based on their analysis.. Water damaged,my mobile is underwarranty,i dont know if im goin to pay becoz on what happened to my mobile,and the main problem some of my contacts i save it to my xperia...i wish SONY COMPANY will read my opinion..and make some immediate reaction..

• 2014-05-05 00:05
  • Shwj

hey i want to buy a phone.so what is best phone between sony xperia v and sony xperia z

• 2014-05-04 21:09
  • tes}

• 2014-05-04 20:57
  • tes}

> In reply to YRajitha @ 2014-05-04 11:33 from iwpJ - click to readalready using Sony Xperia Z for few months on android 4.3
update is nice with few extra features and UI updates
battery seems to be fine with it,still raughly a day or day and half,depend on how you use it.
amazing device..greate screen maximum performance.. loving it!!

• 2014-05-04 16:47
  • tesJ

I have xperia z and I am in love with this device. FYI- today I charged it from 1% to 99% in 2 hours and 30 min.

• 2014-05-04 14:59
  • 6PaW

> In reply to John @ 2014-05-03 14:33 from KA0% - click to readdude i have this, before Z i had X10, worked for solid 4yrs no problem, till i bricked it, & i have recommended everyone i know to buy Xperia & they're all happy with their phones, (mostly +9-11 months users, & i'm talking about 7 people here,8 including myself) this is just wrong info man.

• 2014-05-04 14:39
  • Mc$L
  • john chizoba vincent
  • Rating0

hw good is the phone

• 2014-05-04 14:36
  • fuNc

Hey guys
i cant find file managr in this 4n . Galary allso mising plz help me.

• 2014-05-04 14:01
  • iwpJ

I have the phone from almost 1 year. And I can say I`m full abusing the phone but i`m extremely happy with it. Battery last 2-3 days ( minimum 2hours of calls, 2-3 hours of viber calls, internet setted on place location, and daily playing games and scouting the net with it) I can say i love the Xperia series as general and with the risk to offend someone , I`ve seen may samsungs and iphones ... higher price but lower on quality ... i never had issues with soft , even the bmw diagnostic software with BT diagnostic head works perfectly... its epic phone :) i wouldnt change it for nothing

• 2014-05-04 13:36
  • pksg

I'm from sri lanka.
I bought this great phone yester day.
It's realy good phone. And i bought c6603 it already update to 4.2 jelly been. If any one plz tell me could i update to 4.3 or wait for kit kat . What is the betr choice

• 2014-05-04 11:33
  • iwpJ

> In reply to John @ 2014-05-03 14:33 from KA0% - click to readAre u sure? Why sony made this? But i know a couple of people that have this phone along, and no one had that kind of trouble (even most of problems that people are writin). Dude, u can crash a bmw if u are a bad driver, but its s big brand. I think homies should carry their electronic stuff. I have a s e w960 and its still alive cause i treat it like baby u know?

• 2014-05-04 11:28
  • fuQi

> In reply to Sami @ 2014-05-02 10:21 from PEqh - click to readwhat is more better Lenovo K900 or Sony Xperia Z?
Please help ^_^

• 2014-05-04 04:58
  • th2B

dont buy 6603 if youare staying in USA It doesnt work

• 2014-05-04 03:36
  • 4b6L

> In reply to John @ 2014-05-03 14:33 from KA0% - click to readYou heard huh? So did you use the phone?? I guess not, so stop saying such nonsense unless if you own the device ;)

Get a life dude!!!!!

I own it and I'm happy with it, not even a single problem with this phone! ;)

• 2014-05-04 01:14
  • 6q7a

> In reply to John @ 2014-05-03 14:33 from KA0% - click to readThanks what are the issues faced??

• 2014-05-03 19:04
  • Kg19

I would not recommend the Sony Xperia phone to anybody. Out of 4 people I know who bought the Xperia , all 4 phones have had problems within 1 year. Although Sony service centre repairs it since it is within warranty, the time gap without a phone and the data loss & such problems is the reason why I would never recommend the Sony Xperia series to anybody! Buy at your own risk fully aware that there is a high possibility that it will crash within a year leaving you 'immobile'.

• 2014-05-03 14:33
  • KA0%

> In reply to Adi @ 2014-05-02 20:02 from KIKB - click to readThats the normal charge time for Z. The 30 minute story is a straight up lie, dont listen to him.

• 2014-05-03 10:10
  • vaN%
Total of 16651 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia Z.