Sony Xperia Z - user opinions and reviews

Sony

> In reply to xperiazlover @ 2014-07-22 08:53 from Mfx1 - click to readHow did you flash the firmware? Can you give us a link from where you found it? Thanks!

• 2014-07-23 13:34
  • 9Lay

sony xperia z is the best phone ever.... i love this phone.... when m in laddakh this phone camera pictures are the best ever.. i click the pics in the pangyong lake underwater photos are also best... my xperia z fails my friends iphone 5s hahaha... my frnds hv iphone 5s nd m laughing on them because there 5s camera pics r not batter than my xperia...hehe

• 2014-07-23 09:30
  • KA2x

> In reply to collin78 @ 2014-07-23 07:24 from iwpK - click to readThis phone is one of the best. I'm using it for a year and 2 months. No problems at all. When you update to 4.4.2 you should make factory reset. That will fix all the problems. I've never experienced a signal loss on this phone. Do a factory reset.
Cheers

• 2014-07-23 08:45
  • Mfx9

how to solve the problem in fast draining of battery? im always playing so is it really normal that my battery is draining as fast as 12 hrs/1 full charge?

• 2014-07-23 07:53
  • uS}K

i bought this a couple of weeks ago.

HORRIBLE phone and it really SUCKS!!!!!

sony updates are UNRELIABLE. after the upgrade the signal strength dropped recklessly and NO NETWORK available.

HEAVY BATTERY DRAIN, POOR SIGNAL, VERY SLOW NETWORK

even if u plan to buy/ already have one, NEVER UPDATE to 4.4.2

• 2014-07-23 07:24
  • iwpK

> In reply to xperiazlover @ 2014-07-23 06:41 from Mfx1 - click to readExcuse me, but you received the compilation 0.230? Or just you went straight to 0.233? Cause Sony is now launching kitkat 4.4.4 that is 0.233 and is solving the battery issue for z, and then update it with 4.4.4

• 2014-07-23 07:03
  • fuQ7

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-22 10:29 from 7jWV - click to readHi, as I've said in my last post, I just flashed the firmware with build number .233

• 2014-07-23 06:41
  • Mfx1

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-22 13:13 from rKwR - click to readA phone having screen size bigger than 5 inches is horrible to look and terrible to handle. If you take it out and make a call by keeping on your ear... People will laugh, children will cry O_o
Htc 816 is not good either as a tab or as a phone.

• 2014-07-22 18:30
  • 7jW8

> In reply to keerthi @ 2014-07-21 13:40 from uvLg - click to readif u r havin a budget of 25k.. then u shud go for htc 816... its much better than sony...
screen of htc is bigger as compared to sony
camera clarity of htc is superb
and much more... just go for htc 816

• 2014-07-22 13:13
  • rKwR

Just moved from Xperia Z to HTC One M7 and am really happy with it. The kit kat on Z was sad. Lag in opening application, lag while scrolling setting page, UI minimize/open bugs, sad camera were really annoying in Z. I did love the phone before, but not after the update. I would recommend Htc One M7, it falls in the same Range, almost and is lot better than Z.

• 2014-07-22 12:06
  • 2WHk

> In reply to xperiazlover @ 2014-07-22 08:53 from Mfx1 - click to readHas Sony officially released .233 yet? I'm from India and my phone shows .230 is the latest version. Confused.

• 2014-07-22 10:29
  • 7jWV

Hi all, I am using Xperia Z here in the Philippines with OS 4.4.2 and build number .233
No lags at all, very smooth and fast. I just flashed the firmware, but it is very awesome!
Battery stays longer but charge longer too (its ok with me though). I am very satisfied with the update. Kudos Sony.

• 2014-07-22 08:53
  • Mfx1

> In reply to Marki @ 2014-07-21 21:17 from B{VX - click to readUpdate still not released for all countries

• 2014-07-21 23:24
  • rnad

I have Xperia Z C6602 but I still didn't get the Android 4.4...why?

• 2014-07-21 21:17
  • B{VX

waiting for 4.4.4 on xperia z with issue resolved!!

• 2014-07-21 20:59
  • thuH

> In reply to tarek @ 2014-07-20 14:39 from NkX$ - click to readok as u like ... but for me there a lot of noobs who cant use smart phones and that happens after each update and u can see topics when 4.3 relaesed and ppl crying after update beocz of battery draining and lag and fkn shit ... so i dont want to take care about ppl who give feed back .. they are not professional :)

• 2014-07-21 20:04
  • NkZy

Future Firmware

Android 4.4.4 KitKat is definitely coming on Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z according to their software upgrade plan. Users simply need to be patient until it is ready for rollout which already began on Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia Z Ultra.

Here are the details from Sony Mobile on what users of Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z may expect on Android 4.4.4 KitKat version:

1. Android 4.4.4 including the latest enhancements and security updates from Google

2. Updated and improved camera experience

3. Improvements to Google Voice, Contacts, music streaming and Google+

4. The latest versions of our Sony apps for you to enjoy

5. All of our latest bug fixes, optimisations and improvements

• 2014-07-21 15:40
  • KZ8B

plz help me guyz ..am plng to buy a cellphone around 25k which one is best,xperia z or htc 816..plz give me good solution plz..Reply fast

• 2014-07-21 13:40
  • uvLg

I want to Buy this Phone (Sony Xperia Z)
Any One tell me how it is ????

• 2014-07-21 13:14
  • 7wxT

can anyone help me?? I downloaded the game cooking dash and it freezes up my phone Im thinking that this could be an incompatibility issue could it be because I already upgraded my xperia Z to kitkat?

• 2014-07-21 05:35
  • YTZs
Total of 14317 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia Z.