Sony Xperia Z - user opinions and reviews

Sony

Finally, I installed screen protector on the top of stock one. Now SONY logo is protected :)

• 2013-10-03 11:34
  • 2G}H

> In reply to GUY7076 @ 2013-10-03 11:00 from KZ8P - click to readThank you for your replying, now I'm updating my phone. Hope it will nothing problem happen.

• 2013-10-03 11:06
  • IVKH

> In reply to Revolution of Z @ 2013-10-03 10:39 from IVKH - click to readYes..I update my phone last night..I no facing any problem only when turn off phone,it appear shutting down phone it will lag awhile later screen off,other i no find bad..The colour better abit than before..Camera has improve abit when capture at night..Battery life same with before..Less hot at backside phone when ply hard game like GTA..UI no more lag!!U can update u phone dont scare!!

• 2013-10-03 11:00

> In reply to GUY4999 @ 2013-10-03 06:37 from KZ8P - click to readBro,
The 2.67 update has rolled out on my State, Malaysia. And I'm thinking I should update or not, because there was some issues after updated to the new firmware. Now I want to ask you about is there any problem or issue happened after the update??

• 2013-10-03 10:39
  • IVKH

To disable the annoying Google Now shortcuts on the Home and Back button, go to Settings, Apps, Swipe from the right twice to go to All, scroll down to Google Search, tap it and then tap the Disable button. Tap Ok, then Ok again when it ask if you want to go back to factory version. You do not need root for this on Xperia.

Congrats, you have now reclaimed your Home and Back button, no more intrusive Google crap there.

• 2013-10-03 08:44
  • Kg{7

> In reply to saurabh @ 2013-10-02 18:28 from HkqX - click to readGo for xperiaZ...I buy 1month already,no facing heating issues..update u phone to the lastest firware and it will no hot..

• 2013-10-03 06:37
  • KZ8P

I face a problem at.267!!when it shun down phone ,the circle come out,later its will lag a while later screen close!!Anybody has this problem??Camera has improve a bit less noise when capture at night,,battery performance i think same with before.244..Less heating on the phone!!

• 2013-10-03 05:24

Still not updated yet..

C6603 in Indonesia..

Any suggestion?

• 2013-10-03 05:14
  • ij5H

downloading .67 firmware....... it's a great phone. been updated 4th time in almost 7 months. improving phone performance from the start of 4.1 to 4.2.2

• 2013-10-03 04:23
  • t7Xh

Hi, this is for those who think's that heating issues are only in XZ and this is one of the drawbacks of this Beast. Heating problem is there just because this is a QUAD CORE device and one of the slimmest device available. There is not much room for ventilation for cpu also there are heating issues in S4, ONe and all other big ones. So just chill and enjoy it's performance. And regarding battery drain there are many factors that counts for this drainage, some are apps installed, your way of using, cellular network, gps etc etc.

• 2013-10-03 00:05
  • KAju

have read the other product posted regarding their opinion, good thing i did't bought other product. full of satisfaction with my xz........no problem encountered so far.........very reliable phone for almost 7 months used.

• 2013-10-02 21:38
  • 7X1g

Finally, I got .67 update in Malaysia via PC Companion.Long time wait this update!! Colour has better abit,other i cant find different with.244!!

• 2013-10-02 21:35
  • KZ8N

> In reply to Moshy @ 2013-10-02 10:39 from tE6b - click to readupdate your xz via pc companion

• 2013-10-02 19:37
  • 7X2x

> In reply to Baroo @ 2013-10-02 13:28 from 40%1 - click to readbring your unit to service center first and let them do the repair.

• 2013-10-02 19:33
  • 7X2x

hey guyz i wanna buy xperia Z
but as i heard it is having heating problem plzz help shall i go for it or go for samsung galaxy S4???

• 2013-10-02 18:28
  • HkqX

Have had my Xperia Z from April. last month my speaker started faulting intermittently but after 4 days it went completely dead. My speaker is not functioning any more and it sucks. Was a great phone till this happened.
I have not dropped it on the floor, neither have i tried the water-proof thing.
Now I dont know which is the best phone anymore.

• 2013-10-02 13:28
  • 40%1

Finally, I got .67 update in Australia via PC Companion.
It's night here in AU and about the camera I can say that there are improvements for night shots.
Screen is more beautiful now.
No more lag.
About battery life I'll post tomorrow :)

Peter

• 2013-10-02 12:46
  • 2G}H

This phone is the best smartphone in the world. The futures are excellent and the battery is better than S4 and HTC One but the problem is the overheating because is to slim and the CPUs must be above 2 GHz to avoid overheating but S4 more overheating than Z so Z the best.

• 2013-10-02 12:26
  • T4ar

update now in Turkey via PC

• 2013-10-02 11:12
  • Jibd

Got note 2 finally...I have to say its the best phone on this planet.screen clarity is superb watching movies. So many functions features which was missing in my xperia z which was a heavy loss due to heavy water damage inspite flaps being closed. Learnt my lesson. ..1.dont fall for beauty fancy looks and do not compromise on removable battery option in every phone u buy.sound in note 2 is clear crisp good and it can default play 1080p vid which was lagging in my xperia z. S pen is additional handy stuff... 2.benchmarks is not much difference at all for a normal and advance user. I find note 2 much better than sony xperia z. Xperia also did not have wifi direct which was a pain too...3) do not mis use a waterproof phone even if it claims too. I wish had got note 2 earlier.honestly could have saved a huge ransom money.my personal opinion. Still miss xperia z

• 2013-10-02 11:09
  • veF8
Total of 14778 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia Z.