Sony Xperia Z - user opinions and reviews

Sony

Okay so the phone is waterproof and all the spaces are filled with a waterproof cover, so if im using a cover i have to remove the cover everytime and charge it?? Its difficult man, very, im afraid constant removal of cover will affect the look of the edges of the phone:/

• 2014-01-18 17:28
  • R52J

> In reply to mumu @ 2014-01-18 06:48 from 438E - click to readmy z was great after update got hit for a change on it as try add a other item on add on current screen bad and no unlimited music not on seem low as look over it

• 2014-01-18 14:26
  • 3GZ0

> In reply to Aby @ 2014-01-18 01:10 from ceK0 - click to readHi Any,

I found solution for every problem that I had with 4.3(battery draining fast, lags, camera app was shut, white settings theme that looked shut on my black XZ and many other problems).

Few days ago I flashed ny Xperia to the latest official 4.2 update .67. Then I rooted the phone and installed all important apps that need root access like greenery for hibernating background processes( so background processes doesn't drain the battery) and Auto Hide Soft Keys ( now I enjoy full 5 inch of the screen and when I need buttons just slide up from the bottom of the screen and they appear)....
The phone is so smooth again like before and I don't have any problem.
I'll update the phone only when 4.4 update will roll out.

I recommend to everyone who experience problems with 4.3 to downgrade to 4.2 and enjoy this amazing phone without any problem!

If you scroll down you'll find a post for how to downgrade(flash to official 4.2).
About the battery life, I'm on battery for 13h medium usage and still have 50% juice left.

Regards,
Peter

• 2014-01-18 13:55
  • 2G}H

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-01-17 21:13 from fsVb - click to readuse pc companion and repair your software.

• 2014-01-18 12:12
  • t7Xk

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-01-17 21:13 from fsVb - click to readfor that u need to cut the screen gaurd properly
as it will be closed on the sensor which is on the right top

• 2014-01-18 08:31
  • T6r%

> In reply to Aby @ 2014-01-18 01:10 from ceK0 - click to readSame problems occured in my C 6603 after 4.3 update.

• 2014-01-18 06:48
  • 438E

> In reply to Aby @ 2014-01-18 01:10 from ceK0 - click to readHello!
Go to camera then click that yellow camera logo, you can find it at the lower left side. Then choose MANUAL then click ' SCN' . You can find there everything you're looking for. Ok if not everything then most. Hope that helps.

• 2014-01-18 06:35
  • PSvX

I was very happy with 4.3 update but after playing around for couple of weeks i am dissapointed with the camera APP.

SONY Please work on this and release a fix.

After installing 4.3, i've noticed that many of the settings/options in camera are locked compared to 4.2.2

1. we cannot change ISO settings as before.
2. Touch to focus(Macro Shot) is not available.
3. Low light images in any mode you shoot like fireworks,softskin, night scene ,party are all same , barely any difference our eye could notice.
4. Focus and HDR On/Off missing.

if someone found out the same , please advise.

Thanks in advance

Aby

• 2014-01-18 01:10
  • ceK0

Which model
Xperia z or zL
Help me guys coz i want to buy one.

• 2014-01-17 22:11
  • t7xn

How can I download my pictures and videos straight to google? I can't send any videos in my messages or to my aol email.

• 2014-01-17 21:48
  • 4{bD

I bought a Sony Z in August 2013 and it's been malfunctioning. The screen locks and prevents further actions as whenever I lift it to the ear to answer a call. Also it remains locked until the caller drops the call. Sometimes you can't cut the call if the person you called does not drop his phone. I've been coping with this by either using the earphone or using the speaker. This helps unlock the creen for me to cut the call! 2 days I installed a system update and now the screen locks even when a call or SMS comes in. Even wth the earphone, I answer the call without seeing the caller. Please what should I do ?

• 2014-01-17 21:13
  • fsVb

Hi, I want to buy one of these mobiles,can u plz guide me? Xperia Z, LG optimus G, nokia lumia 925

• 2014-01-17 18:09
  • L6{C

Go for xperia Z. Aside from it is more compact and more stylish, it has allt he qualifications that you could get from a highend smartphone. No doubt about it. The negative of it could only be the battry, but i think it could be fixed by the OS update.

With note2, its a bit bigger and thicker, plus the pen is a bit annoying to re-place in the slot, (mind you,note 3's pen has an equal shape, meaning, it can be placed in the slot on whatever side of th pen, unlike the note 2 who has a specific placement. )
All in all, note 2 is not a disappointment though.

My advice>>> test the devices all by yourself, and watch videos of its performance on youtube

• 2014-01-17 17:27
  • t7R0

I am now using 4.3 version of android but im not satisfied,how can i back it again to 4.2?pls help me.tnx

• 2014-01-17 16:04
  • thg2

Where can I get a charging dock for Xperia Z? Service centre say that it is not available in India? Why??

• 2014-01-17 14:07
  • u1xg

> In reply to confused... @ 2014-01-16 12:45 from PTGp - click to readGet the xperia Z instead of note 2. It's better looking and colors are more natural unlike samsung phones that are overly saturated. It hurts the eyes. And performance wise, it's better than note 2 now after its updated to 4.3. Antutu benchmark of note 2 is only 20800 while xperia z goes up to 22000. Not to mention xperia z' s premium feel with its glass covered back and front panels. Btw,Note 2 is plastic. Now make a choice.

• 2014-01-17 13:25
  • PSvX

> In reply to confused... @ 2014-01-16 12:45 from PTGp - click to readActually I would go for Note 2 ... been using it for 8 months now ... I haven't experienced any problems with my note 2 ... as for xperia z I would say it also has its privileges and well ... note 2 is more of a day to day use device compared to the xperia z as it seems like a Scientific experimental device that was about to be sent to the moon but was later on aborted .... well you'll get the picture ... anyways in terms of performance for gaming wise and durability I would say xperia z is far more superior but be warned that the adreno330 in the xperia z may be a tad more weaker than the mali400mp in the note 2 at times ... this is a hard choice to consider that both of the devices were former flagships of their own kind ... anyway in my opinion I would go for the note 2 but if you're in for durability and performance I would say get the xperia z ...

• 2014-01-17 03:48
  • KZ8C

Hi guys I wanna ask question if I update my phone to jb 4.3 by update center what about my root did will be lost or will be on my device after update please help me and thanks

• 2014-01-17 03:38
  • pcqY

> In reply to DaSeoul @ 2014-01-16 20:34 from ibjA - click to readFirstly, I apologize for my writing cuz I wrote downgrade to 4.4 and should be downgrade to 4.2...
I made a mistake cuz I posted that last night like 2 or 3am and I was sleepy. :)

On this link you can find tutorial how to flash official 4.2.2 update: http://forum.xda-developers.co...hp?t=2240614

On this link you can find tutorial about how to root that firmware: http://forum.xda-developers.co...hp?t=2386405

I downloaded 4.2 .67 update from this link, and it's Generic UK version and works perfect cuz I live in Australia: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7bgi8l2bTaONDV3­bkxCTlNyVXc/edit

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS DOWNLOAD THAT TFT FILE, PREPARE YOUR PHONE FOR FLASHING(FOLLOW THE STEPS), FLASH THE PHONE AFTER THAT YOU NEED TO ROOT FOLLOW THOSE STEPS AND YOU'LL HAVE THE LATEST UPDATE OF ANDROID 4.2 VERSION FOR XPERIA Z C6603.

NOTE: THIS METHOD IS JUST FOR C6003 AND THIS IS FLASHING TO PREVIOUS FIRMWARE NOT THE CURRENT ONE THAT IS 4.3, CUZ LATEST FW WAS NOT GOOD AND THAT'S WHY I DECIDED TO FLASH TO 4.2

Sorry for my bad English, I'm still new in AU :)

Good Luck! :)

Peter

• 2014-01-17 03:21
  • 2G}H
Total of 16108 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia Z.