Lasis, 30 Nov 2015In theory it's a good phone, in practice - not so much. But there is a catch, that's not my pe... moreP.S. Oh, I forgot! Problem number 4 - despite data calls being turned off, the phone did made regular daily data calls, really small 15-40k, but I had to change tariff plan, otherwise it was too costly (had a plan with 0 bites included). That had to be some software issue.
In theory it's a good phone, in practice - not so much. But there is a catch, that's not my personal C6603, it's from my workplace and I'm the third user as far as I know, guess there was a reason why the first guy dropped this phone and got another.
Problems include (in the order of appearance):
1) GPS receiver is far from perfect, sometimes it works, mostly it doesn't, "GPS test": shown that it does register satellites but fails to get a lock,
2) a couple of times it seized to signal about incoming calls, no sound, no vibration, nothing, only a pop-up window appears, and I'm not the only one with this problem. Had to reset to factory settings twice, then this problem disappeared as suddenly as it started,
3) now I often don't hear people talking to me, while they hear me perfectly well. Restarting the phone helps for a short time, but seems I need to do it several times a day.
So in summary - less than 3 years old Xperia Z is a really nice small tablet, with really good camera, big screen with high resolution and quite powerful hardware, unfortunately it all too often fails to serve as a phone. I was really enthusiastic about it being somewhat dust, water and slightly shock proof, as I often ride a bicycle, so I could get a cradle and put this phone on my bike while riding, but if the GPS doesn't function properly, then what's the point in doing so?
Anonymous, 30 Nov 2015i'm using this phone for last 2 years, and now its suddenly dead..it's cannot be charge, no po... moreLikely our phone has really, really low charge, so it's "brain" has no power to turn on and direct the process of charging, this has happened to me a couple of times too.
Basically, plug in charger as usual, leave it for a little while, then press and hold ON/OFF button, which gives an extra "kick" and helps the phone to rise up, usually it helps almost instantly, however some guys went so far as to fix the button pressed with a tape.
i'm using this phone for last 2 years, and now its suddenly dead..it's cannot be charge, no power at all..it's the second to have a problem..previously no signal at all..so i can claim for damage..now i guess i can't claim any from sony..so anyone can help? i like this for it durability..
jizzle19, 26 Nov 2015will loliipop ruin my battery? No, mine runs Android 5.1.1, battery life is approximately the same as it was when it ran KitKat.
i see that some people are happy with sony experia others are bad luck so it,s afine peoduct try it and wish you are lucky--note that other cell phoes dealers sends bad opions here to destroy sony from market it is a trade war
I also have a sony xperia z it have serviced only four times in guarantee period and i bring my cell phone to my nearest sony service centre and register my complaint immediately bt they demanded only rs12395 for the repair bt i dont agree with that and i made a complaint to consumer court and till today there is no replay with that complaint so guys plsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss dont buy this type of stupid china phonesssssssssss
I suggest you to do not purchase Sony Cell phones for following reasons
1. Poor product quality, like: Heating up of hand sets, getting frequent hang in between, automatic restart, etc.....
2. Poor service response by service provider
3. Poor response of Sony service call center.
4. No response of Sony Chairman(Mr. Kazuo.Hirai, email id: firstname.lastname@example.org) after many followups
5. Cheating customers in the name of up-gradation of hand set.
I really need help on how to block some very painful calls from telemarketers.
If someone can help me please I would be very grateful
I m use xpperia z and lollipop upadated but problem my phone is not working I thik is dead
But downgrade KitKat but same problem
I updated xpreria z lolipop but problem my phone is dead any solutions
i upgraded to lollipop 5.1.1 some months ago and i started having battery issues, yesterday i received a software update message and updated. i tell you guys battery is working more good than ever when i went to sleep i left the phone on 44% when i wake up i find it still at 44%. and it was not on stamina mode.
I would like to ask why the Mobile suddenly get over heat and appear message that the mobile temperature is very high and need to reduce it .any solution
Dear Sir, I have to know Sony Xperia z 3g IC Number ?
Please tell me Xperia z 3g IC number ?