Sony Xperia Z1 - user opinions and reviews

Sony

The Z1 is a crap phone. I had my phone 7 day and it heated up so badly that the phone just died on me. Vodacom refused to replace the phone because the 7th day was on a public holiday and I was only able to take it to the store on the 8th day. I have had the ph a year now, not becaus I want it, but I dont have a back up phone. This phone still gets very hot and switches off. I will never buy a Sony again ever, the only good thing about it is the camera

• 2014-12-22 06:58
  • NH8Y

I have been using XperiaZ1 for a month now, generally it's good device, but after updating through PC campenion, the calendar stopped working and always get a bothering pop-up message says "Unfortunately, calender has stopped"!
Please help me how I can fix this issue? or if there is any way to downgrade the calendar update.
Thank you guys.

• 2014-12-21 23:01
  • rkI0

I have been using the Z1 for over a year now. I tried many things with this underwater both on pool and beach but never once it failed to function. As long as flaps are closed, water won't get inside. I even accidentally dropped my phone 4 feet high facing the floor and I was so terrified when it happened. Luckily, I have iShield installed both front and back. I checked my phone for dents but it doesn't have one, more importantly, I tried operating the phone to see if something is wrong with the functionality and again, luckily, it still functions perfectly. I am so impressed with this Sony phone.

• 2014-12-21 13:07
  • PT}D

i love sony but i think lg g3 is better

• 2014-12-21 06:54
  • fq6h

> In reply to chandran ooty @ 2014-12-18 01:51 from Hkt$ - click to readTurn on manual mode.
Increase the brightness and take the photo
Now u can see the difference In low light.

• 2014-12-20 22:02
  • XuZZ

Very bad Camera :-(

• 2014-12-20 08:54
  • awph

Bought a new z1 but it keeps playing demo video in sleep mode and the blue tooth nd wifi turns on automatically. The seller wants to flash. Is it ook.

• 2014-12-19 20:37
  • fmgj

So you mean Z1 and z2 are virtually the same? But why the z2 camera is better than Z1 although the same pixel and Lens size in short same specs except the processor.

Both devices have a big difference interms of camera (gpu) and speed.

• 2014-12-19 14:57
  • 7X9v

> In reply to nixperia @ 2014-12-18 18:38 from X}Ac - click to readStick it in a bag of rice for 2nd weeks will suck all the moisture out the phone with flaps opened

• 2014-12-19 07:05
  • RYwS

> In reply to Maca @ 2014-12-17 09:56 from 7X9R - click to readS800 & s801 are virtually the same. But s800 in z1 performs MUCH better in day today tasks like running 3rd party apps and games than m8 and s5 from my personal experience.

• 2014-12-19 04:22
  • iwpx

water entered in my z1.. i turned it off imediately n leaved it with flaps open so that it can dry but after sometime i tried to turn it on but it gave me three vibration n wont turn on so i leaved it again now i am trying to turn it on but nothing is working nt even the vibrations are happening.. so is the phne dead or is it curable??

• 2014-12-18 18:38
  • X}Ac

my xperia z1 camera flash not working...?does anyone can help me.... i tried already on camera setting doeas not work also..??

• 2014-12-18 15:47
  • v0qJ

Hi , i want to buy xperia z1 . Should i buy it ?

• 2014-12-18 14:14
  • PTGX

Mine always crash and android always not responding

• 2014-12-18 10:50
  • wHUJ

i just doubt the 20.7 mega pixels

• 2014-12-18 08:14
  • AT@@

Does anyone know how to remove the following problems from the Z1 Experia
1) Unfortunately "the process com. Sony mobilesocial.services" has stopped
2) unfortunately THE PROCESS "COM.ANDROID.PHONE" HAS STOPPED
3p Unfortunately "contacts" has stopped.
i have upgraded the software three times and it ahs not helped. i Cannot make calls easily as the above sign appears after i have dialed the number and it then cuts the dialing and resets it to the wall paper screen . e-mail me the answers please pmech@global.co.za

• 2014-12-18 07:05
  • NasG

> In reply to Smile @ 2014-12-07 17:06 from XNtq - click to readSir you use it for more than a year?
Is it still okay? Doesnt self crack?
thanks

• 2014-12-18 06:33
  • wu4V

I search the internet and i found out that this phone self cracks for a few months of use. like when u put in your jeans. is this true? coz im gonna buy one tomorrow. thanks.

• 2014-12-18 02:06
  • wu4V

im a z1 user this mobile is awesome but camera quality not good in low light

• 2014-12-18 01:51
  • Hkt$
Total of 5795 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia Z1.