Sony Xperia Z1 - user opinions and reviews

Sony

I hadthis Prob with my z1, now crazy as it may seem because the headphone jack is unprotected you can get fluff in it. I had intermediate cutting outn for ages. Shine a VERY bright torch into the jack and you might come up trumps.

• 2014-07-28 19:58
  • 3J0a

> In reply to jmbs @ 2014-07-28 04:55 from t7Xk - click to readOn auto mode is 8 mpx. Auto = superior. If you want 20 mpx then switch to manual.
Photos are good. 80-90% of them. There background defocus, timeshift, so. It is ok. Photo is one of the best 10 in the android world.

• 2014-07-28 10:09
  • pbVE

It works fine but with the new software update (kitkat 4.4.4) my camera is having some troubles and it sometimes freezes but besides that it works fine...

• 2014-07-28 07:54
  • 8IHW

> In reply to So Real @ 2014-07-23 12:15 from NuUC - click to readHello others said it was not a good quality when it comes to batt life and cam its like 8 or 13mp. Is it true ?? My phobe is coming . Pls help . Thanks

• 2014-07-28 05:02
  • t7Xk

> In reply to DeadLock @ 2014-07-23 11:04 from A4W$ - click to readHello . Some other said that the camera is like a 13mp cam. Is it true ?? Or.you just set it to 20mp in the settings ?? Pls reply thanks. My phone is coming . Pls help.

• 2014-07-28 04:55
  • t7Xk

I do not like this phone. Not only does it have to reboot several times a day in order to send text messages, but the charger piece fell off and now is not waterproof. It was very flimsy to begin with. Half the time the wifi doesn't work correctly, I know it's the phone and not the router because no other phones have this problem. It often freezes, and won't answer if I am getting a call. Definitely not worth $600.00

• 2014-07-28 04:01
  • k72v

And also, the flap on top of the charging port came off so it's no longer water proof 😞😒

• 2014-07-28 00:42

> In reply to Fizzu @ 2014-07-27 22:11 from YTcG - click to readSelected games

• 2014-07-28 00:41

Do Not Buy This Phone! Bought it like 3 months ago now I rue that day
So many problems, get any other Sony phone except this and SP

• 2014-07-28 00:40
  • fuN1

Do the onscreen navigation buttons on android 4.4.4 disappers while playing every game or only slected games

• 2014-07-27 22:11
  • YTcG

My z1 camera showing error frequently android 4.4.4....plzzz help guyssssss

• 2014-07-27 21:22
  • YT12

My xperia z1 camera frequently ahowing camera error....
Plzzzz help guysss

• 2014-07-27 20:19
  • YTc@

After i did latest update 4.4.4 for my z1, i would like to let u know that the developer who invention this damn update r so crazy and cheater cause all he prolems still not fixed,
battery draining
blascreen when unlock
camera not available
stamina mode not workong properly
etc.......
Thank you ony dveloper xda cheater.

u destroy one of the flagship and excellent version of sny drvice,
i hate u and sony and fuck off

• 2014-07-27 09:42
  • iKv8

my sony got lost now i found it but i forgot the password to open it.
please someone help

• 2014-07-26 23:15
  • fsry

> In reply to maz @ 2014-07-20 07:04 from nXI% - click to readi have exactly the same issue with camera freezin.i had to download camera 360 n its working vry fyn.u could also go to camera and clear data.

• 2014-07-26 19:26
  • ftKc

i got my z1 a month ago and i jus upgraded to kitkat but i stil notice some of the issues i had still recuring bfore the upgrade.my camera still frezzes after taking a few shots( i overcame this problem by downloading camera360, which does very fine) and a phone restarts on its own sometimes..but d battery lasts longer nw n its more fluild without lags.please anyone who has the same experience??
aside these issues,d z1 is a decent phone.

• 2014-07-26 19:22
  • ftKc

I've owned my Xperia phone for two months and I started to encounter problems with the aux-plug during last week. Every time I put a 3,5mm cord into the aux port, it starts to play via the headset for a couple of seconds after which the music is automatically paused. After I press play again it starts to play via internal speaker even if the headset is still connected.

After this the headphones aren't recognized anymore and the sound plays only via the internal speaker.

I tried several headphones (three to be precise) + different media players (YouTube, Spotify & Walkman) and they all have the same problem. Furthermore, the phone keeps lowering the volume down to zero automatically when the headphones are connected.

I tried to install some apps to fix this problem (Headset Toggle & HF Button) but neither offered a permanent fix. I also tried a factory reset on my phone, but the problem persisted. I also disabled smart connect and walkman apps, because the smart connect kept popping up every time the aux cable was connected, but refused to go away.

Please offer some guidance as to how to fix this issue, before I get rid of my Sony phone for good.

• 2014-07-26 17:53
  • 7tNb

Had the phone for 11 month, after 3 month the phone was factory and hard reset by Sony service center due to malfunctions as: cant upload contacts, take several minutes to open apps e.g. calendar, contacts and others. I was told by Sony service support personal this is software issue and not hardware even do worked with the phone without any add-on for over a month time... unfortunately Sony have a great PR but no after sale service neither professional personal to address technical issues.

Gille

• 2014-07-26 11:46
  • nmc6

> In reply to Jetsetter @ 2014-07-26 00:44 from 2Aue - click to readAlways in manual settings. I didnt buy it for auto and 8 mp. I will search for a sollution. I have 7 days to return it back. Pethaps another camera software.... thanks. Z2 has the same res. I m wondering of i take z2 i will have the same problems??????

• 2014-07-26 07:17
  • JF7i

> In reply to ted gr @ 2014-07-25 10:24 from atLH - click to readgo to manual settings for camera to get 20.7MP

• 2014-07-26 00:44
  • 2Aue
Total of 5025 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia Z1.