Sony Xperia Z1 - user opinions and reviews

Sony

Had my z1compact for 18 months and was highly delighted with it running on kitbag. Generally got minimum 2 days on a single charge in normal use...heavy use down to maybe a day. Rarely had cause to restart it. Lollipop upgrade has ruined my phone, Now consumes much more power...battery usage reports most of it is down to the On ..I now need to charge daily, Basic functions like phone are lagging I miss calls because the swipe to answer doesn't work consistently. Camera and other apps crash regularly and I need to restart the phone often. i was hopeful a recent update would help, but it seems to have made no difference...very disappointed Sony allowed the lollipop update out... Hope they fix things soon...this OS causing lots of issues. Forums say to do factory reset but that offers no guarantee of fix...but would involve potential loss of some app data which I could live with if I knew I'd get my old phone back

• 2015-05-29 01:31
  • mXhy

I had my sony Xperia since 2013 and it everything is working , its a good phone, people any phone you buy can have faults if you treat them like shit and always drop them , my opinion though and everyone is entitled to thrs end of story.

• 2015-05-27 18:10
  • Nn1W

Hello, I'm sick of reading negative comments out there mostly from people who look like they have never handled with technology before! wtf guys!! my grandma solves such silly problems which you are crying about -_-. This Phone "Xperia Z1" is a BEAST, It rarely rarely rarely lags thanks to snapdragon 800 and 2gb of ram, The camera is amazing, I can take super clear pics in lectures even from the last seat, LOLLIPOP MADE THE CAMERA FASTER, night pictures are AWESOME! Battery life is average I can get 4-6 hours of screen time depending on my usage, usually handels 1 day or a little less, speaker is not very loud and clear but who cares I can have good sound quality in my headphones, The phone heats: yes (All phones do even iPhone), Screen Quality is very good watching movies on Z1 can't be better! The designe is Brilliant no need to talk about... I didn't put my phone into water because I have a BRAIN and I'm not a kid... Washed it once or twice though but not directly. Lollipop didn't bring problems for me, only foolish people had problems because they don't know how to use technology... And that's it, Anyone who thinks of buying this phone I say Go for it, It has a cheap price according to what it delivers, It's a high class phone NO DOUBT haters.

• 2015-05-27 17:57
  • 3LPk

i was about to buy xperia z1.... but after reading all these comments i regret my intentions and think of taking back my decision.

• 2015-05-27 14:47
  • KIBM

I'm planning to buy xperia z1 mobile.is it good or bad..please reply me.thanx

• 2015-05-27 14:18
  • vIg{

Sony X-peria is just a bogus set. After 2 months my handset is in dead.....so not to buy it

• 2015-05-27 12:49
  • P$IN

sure dude i buy ASAP but you wont respond cause you dont own it!

• 2015-05-27 04:27
  • kVMe

I installed application and after the update and try to restart I can't see any apps. I can only use camera and can receive call thru messenger. Please advise. All of the apps cannot recognize. There's a safe mode pop up.

• 2015-05-27 02:50
  • thbs

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-05-25 16:38 from ygAI - click to readdo not buy its no good at all .. only after a month problem starts with the camera and its so embarrasing.. you can buy mine if you want to,,..xo xo xo

• 2015-05-26 22:54
  • p%tq

> In reply to abu3abed @ 2015-05-25 04:08 from 04{Z - click to readi am using z1 for past 6 months and i already have posted an ad on olx to sell this . the camera never ever opens like everytime error comes not available, i have tried everything..uninstalled apps but nothing woks. its not as smooth as it should be. samsung a5 is far better in lesser price as my friend is using that

• 2015-05-26 22:49
  • p%tq

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-05-25 16:38 from ygAI - click to readThe colors of the pictures are light

• 2015-05-26 14:25
  • gDkL

> In reply to Jahed @ 2015-05-23 12:16 from PAYJ - click to readGo and get upgrade from service centre then it works proper

• 2015-05-26 12:15
  • vGAL

> In reply to errorinZ1 @ 2015-05-23 16:48 from Xu@S - click to readPlease all of you, am going to buy this phone (z1) with in a month, so please please tell me camera is good in all condition (mean after more zoom pic, is not crake, and macro focus is not perfect, or macro mode photo are crake after zoom like all think) or really bat, or not aspected as 20.7mp..... Please asap.

• 2015-05-25 16:38
  • ygAI

> In reply to saad @ 2015-05-24 12:22 from HsJZ - click to readuninstall application who eats a lot of ram.. sometimes update on some apps causes incompatible causing heat and battery drain.

• 2015-05-25 16:09
  • 7Xkx

My Z1 was running great on Kitkat, but since updated to Lollipop, the phone is overheating and the battery life has has gone poor. Some of the functions like mute/silent have been removed from Lollipop not to mention other shortcomings. Will Sony please issue quick fix update to fix the bugs in Lollipop. For users who have not yet updated to Lollipop, my advise DON'T.

• 2015-05-25 15:21
  • 6PM2

I've been using the Z1 since the 1st day of release, here are the positives and negatives Positives: +best build quality out there, no phone comes even close except the iPhone +Perfect screen size +very fast +Kit Kat on this phone was utter perfection Negatives: -a bit too heavy, my pinky finger is strained because of years of heavy lifting the phone for hours -20MP camera isn't as good as i expected it to be -Battery still isn't sufficient, I'm a heavy user and i want my phone to last at least an entire day -Lollipop transformed my phone into utter cr*p, I can't believe Sony would settle for such a low quality update -don't try to submerge this device in water, the speaker won't be happy I hope sony fixes this nightmare called lollipop , because it has literally transformed my phone from perfect to garbage. This is indeed the first time i thought seriously about getting an iphone

• 2015-05-25 04:08
  • 04{Z

My phone is showing overheat n battery is also not getting charge.. What should I do? Plz help

• 2015-05-24 12:22
  • HsJZ

270 build number awesome No heat up no bug no freeze or bettey backup so much well.now happy with lolipop.

• 2015-05-24 11:22
  • v$xX

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-05-15 10:10 from U@H2 - click to readFirst restore your all data in memory Card

• 2015-05-24 06:53
  • Hkt$
Total of 6648 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia Z1.