Rohan, 19 Jan 2014Using Z1 for a month now . Anyone who is saying that the battery lasts over 10 hours of heavy ... moreThe flash on Z1, and z also by the way, is only for very short range. Wish Sony would use a flash similar to the one in Galaxy S4.
ken, 19 Jan 2014Xz1 battery life is great compare to xz. Comparison to Xz, it can last more than a day. Xz can... moreZ cant last 12 hours of heavy use, thats right, but neither can Z1. Both can last 2 days on low usage and a day on moderate use. I never needed stamina mode on my Z, even if out all day with active HSDPA connection, it consumes very little on standby anyway.
Z1...the best gadget I have bought till date. (have used Nokia 6670,HTC Viva,Motorola XT502,Samsung Ace Plus)
Nice form factor,with wonderful features. I am very much in love with the 20.7 MP cam! Wonderful clicks! But as one would expect with 20.7 MP clicks, one soon runs out of memory ;) Sleek GUI and launcher. All apps work smoothly without lag or errors. There are a few bloatwares, but you can get rid of them easily without affecting anything else. I installed a few games and apps, all worked very well.
The only two things that annoyed me were; Album app:I somehow didn't like the way pictures are displayed. I prefer the Samsung/Moto way that displays it folder-wise (there might be a way in Z1, but I haven't explored it yet..) The other that made me worry was handset getting real hot with extended use in Android 4.2, but haven't noticed that after 4.3 upgrade. It has all the features one requires on a phone and nothing on it seems uncessary...Thumbs up for this one...my best buy yet!
mah, 19 Jan 2014xperia Z1 or galaxy S4 or LG G2? can u plz help me?Z1
Rohan, 19 Jan 2014Using Z1 for a month now . Anyone who is saying that the battery lasts over 10 hours of heavy ... moreXz1 battery life is great compare to xz. Comparison to Xz, it can last more than a day. Xz can't last 12 hours, need to recharge. This is base on my actual usage.
Using Z1 for a month now . Anyone who is saying that the battery lasts over 10 hours of heavy usage is just plain lying . I am not a noob , switching from a Note2 .
Processor is snappy but as everyone said previously it does heat up bad to level where its uncomfortable to use . And yes other phones that i have used previously also heat up for the same task but not to such extent .
My camera flash is not good , Produces white blur and lots of noise . Maybe a defect but found out that many users are facing this problem . Did anyone get a replacement for this problem ?
Not much issue with the viewing angle , its ok , just there is slight fading of colors nothing bad .
Other then these issues the phone is infact very good but for the price i paid for it i had expected better .
I have it for over 4 months already and I need to say - It's the best phone I ever had...
* Specs allows you to run any app without problems,
* After switching off unneeded apps battery lasts really long (approximately: around 6 hours [playing proper game - Bards Tale], 11 hours [playing some simple game - Bad Piggies / Browsing the internet], 12+ hours [listening music], around 2 days standby [standard texts/calling]),
* Photos and videos are comparable with those taken with good quality digital cameras (needs a good light source like every digital camera, but I still managed to take the best photos in my life with this phone),
* Screen resolution after installing MX Player allows you watch any type of movie (graphic engine and 5inch screen makes it perfect and my eyes don't feel tired even after long movie),
* At the beginning it felt a little big but I got used to it after few days and it really doesn't annoy me anymore.
For all the people complaining:
* If you've got open 20-30 apps (usually people don't know or neither bother to close it) - don't expect your battery to last longer than 6h,
* If you want phone with quad-core processor and you expect it to don't heat - consider nokia 3310,
* You need to understand that "waterproof" doesn't mean you can use it under the water - it means, you can use it in the rain or you don't need to worry if you spilled something on it,
* Last thing - I heard about stucked buttons and system crashes - again: if your device needs to run 20 applications at once - don't expect it to work smoothly.
As an IT I can say that this device was one of my best purchases. I surely recommend it to anyone who's looking for a powerful, elegant, and multipurpose smartphone.
Mizu, 19 Jan 2014bought this few months back, have huge doubt on the water proof and my doubt was proven true y... moreNo. There is an instruction that says keep away from salt water. Mine i use it on shower and its okay and no problem. Read manuals and warranty. It dsnt mean if the phone is waterproof then your just go to it. There is an instruction you need to follow. Z1 is best.
Mizu, 19 Jan 2014bought this few months back, have huge doubt on the water proof and my doubt was proven true y... moreNo. Warranty said keep away from salt water. Mine i use it on shower and its okay and no problem. Read manuals and warranty. It dsnt mean if the phone is waterproof then your just go to it. There is an instruction you need to follow. Z1 is best.
Anonymous, 18 Jan 2014hi! i'm from india and i really want to buy sony xperia z1 but worried about screen cracking p... moreYes,It is a problem for colder regions.U see when the phone heats up,aluminium around the screen expands.When it cools down suddenly,aluminium comes back to normal causing the crack.You see the same problem in human skin,it cracks in winter.In India,Xperia Z1 does not have the problem.Check all the reviews in Flipkart,not a single complain is there regarding that issue of cracking.It has heating issue though.And it is advisable not to use this phone under water
Mizu, 19 Jan 2014bought this few months back, have huge doubt on the water proof and my doubt was proven true y... moreProbably not, as it does warn you to keep the phone away from salt water, as it may not be fully waterproofed against the salt particles. It's worth a try, but I think it's going to be more of an insurance claim than anything.
bought this few months back, have huge doubt on the water proof and my doubt was proven true yesterday while on beach. I pull out SD card and it was wet, phone's off now and dead! would warranty willing to cover this?
Get the z1 if you really want it. There is always a newer and better phone coming out every few months if u keep reading about these phones you will never end up getting what u really want.
hi! i'm from india and i really want to buy sony xperia z1 but worried about screen cracking problem of it. Does it happen due to heating up of phone and then sudden coolling down and is this a prob of colder region or woldwide ?? is it worth buying as its specs are really good. plzz hlp