Sony Xperia Z1 - user opinions and reviews

Sony

recently I have updated my phone from kitkat to lollipop is de worst thing I have ever done to my phone its gone slow better kitkat thanlollipop.

• 2015-05-06 09:40
  • NwIH

> In reply to Nicholas @ 2015-05-05 16:34 from LxT6 - click to readhey brother can u help me !???? i have kitkat firmware and now i use lollipop..... i want to downgrade but afraid that how i do it please brother help me and give me steps to how i downgrade my xperia z1 c6902 lollipop to kitkat 4.4.4 tons of thanks in advance

• 2015-05-06 08:31
  • t@5P

Guys, i've read on sony support that if you are experiencing problem on your device.. just let the battery drain let it off try to open to confirm that it is drained.. then charged it to 5 hours then open it, that will solve battery drain issue.. while on lags and other problems..let it settle for atleast 2-3 weeks, so that the device can adapt on your hardware.. if problem still persist, last option is hard reset, re install lollipop then hard reset again.. for those who made a bad comment on z1, maybe your phone has a factory defect or you messed up the software real bad. i've been using the phone for 2 years and not having any unusual problem i rooted when i was on kitkat then unroot on lollipop still no issue. C6902 Philippines

• 2015-05-06 03:12
  • K5gX

> In reply to Nicholas @ 2015-05-05 16:34 from LxT6 - click to readSure Not dude!

• 2015-05-05 23:36
  • 4ST2

Device after lollipop become very slow, x loud disappear again!!!!

• 2015-05-05 21:48
  • 6vt8

Need fix battery draining, charging fast and fix stamina mode

• 2015-05-05 20:36
  • 6vt8

Lollipop update it's such a failure, really!! the system performance is awful, i hate the colors especially the orange one, and there's a sound when you connect the charger you can't turn it off. i downgrade back to kitkat and im happy and with root access without unlocking my bootloader.

• 2015-05-05 16:34
  • LxT6

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-05-05 10:52 from Ns9x - click to readtotally agree ,kitkat was amazing on z1, sony must release a new update for z1 to solve lollipop problems.

• 2015-05-05 15:04

• 2015-05-05 15:01

• 2015-05-05 15:00
  • iA0U

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-05-01 11:34 from XuZP - click to readHello,am really sickened by this lollipop software thing,the phone it's nomore my Xperia I knew, can i reverse to my previous software.some of my application r not reresponding.

• 2015-05-05 10:52
  • Ns9x

did somebody got the notification bar bug? i am not able to pull the quick settings
PLease post some ways to fix it, If you know

• 2015-05-05 10:41
  • PxND

Oh my Goodness... what a Boggess bout SONY Z1!

Plus there not called designers... they are engineers! haha

• 2015-05-04 20:41
  • 4ST2

Recently i've upgraded my z1 to lollipop.It is soo bad and soo bad,i'm just speechless.Never seen such buggy version such as this one.I'm beginning to doubt whether Sony hires professional software designers or some 5th grade self claimed ignorant kids.At first I calmed myself like nah it's ok,battery drains faster-nah it's ok,it's slower and doesn't support everything from the previously installed apks-nah it's ok,phone gets heated faster than the previous one-nah It's still ok when my messaging system got slower and third party software creates conflicts with the system for no good reason.But how and why should I accept the sensor disability?Whenever I pick my phone-calls,the display should go dark,yes,that happens but Why should my task bar work and response even after the display gets dark?I can clearly hear the tik-tok sound [this sound occurs after the display gets touched with skin] even after the display is gone.This is causing unwanted blutooth,wifi turn ons even if I don't want them.This problem wasn't present during previous version.It's so annoying while I talk and the tik-tok sounds,I felt like throwing my z1 from the window this morning.For the past 16 years,I've spread to my relatives,friends and colleagues to buy sony ersicsson/Sony xperia.But after using z,z1 and z2,I feel like i've been treated badly.I do not buy these phones with stolen money but with my honest earnings.Sorry Sony,myabe you people do not understand,these phones are expensive and you guys have been treating us like peasants with cheaper/weaker/b-grade stuffs.For the first time I'm saying,My next phone will be Google Nexus.You guys do not deserve loyal customers like us anymore.
PS :Sorry for the long post.

• 2015-05-04 17:33
  • X}R8

For everyone that experiencing battery drain and slow charging.. i also experienced the same.. but when i let the battery drained as in super drained then charged back up.. battery stats is normal as same as kitkat.. charging gone faster also drains gone.. try your luck. works for me. might work for u.. C6902 Philippines.. bought from singapore.

• 2015-05-04 15:54
  • t75L

> In reply to Yadav_saab @ 2015-05-03 06:06 from U{dG - click to readYes,z1supports otg.

• 2015-05-04 15:37
  • Hkth

> In reply to karthik @ 2015-05-03 18:55 from Hkt{ - click to readDid that already, once I updated I immediately factory reset it.

• 2015-05-04 14:51
  • IWdu

Android Lollipop update....seriously? It's not a worthy updates after all. And now my phone battery drains too fast and the camera quality got low. WTF? How was that? Ain't helping my device performances. Dear android, you should make your consumers happy by upgrading your OS's properly. I'm not happy with this. I prefer Kitkat 4.4.4 than this shitty Lollipop 5.0.2. Sony is the reason why I stick on Android and I don't know why they let this happen on their premium devices? Perhaps, they're giving way to their new high end model. Business as it is. Better go back to IOS.

• 2015-05-04 08:03
  • tWhP

> In reply to ky55 @ 2015-04-30 15:16 from IVMX - click to readReset your phone.

• 2015-05-03 18:55
  • Hkt{

hi frnds i bought this one on yesterday overall ok, but one of its problem is it consumed large volume of datas while browsing

• 2015-05-03 14:37
  • nXEJ
Total of 6627 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia Z1.