Sony Xperia Z1 Compact - user opinions and reviews

12%

8.4
8.5
8.6

my phone's whole back glow when i use it as torch
anyone noticed..?

• 2014-07-29 21:06
  • rAVx

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-26 14:52 from JNB6 - click to readGo to Germany and buy it for 375 or less.

• 2014-07-29 19:48
  • gD7k

fortunately I don't have the "flash bleed" issue in my phone, not all Z1C have this issue I guess. Besides that it is a great device

• 2014-07-29 16:41
  • D5Q5

my phone's whole back panel glow when i use my phone as torch in dark

did anyone noticed

• 2014-07-29 15:32
  • rAW1

Thankfully my z1c has no flashbleed issue

• 2014-07-29 12:48
  • wHr$

> In reply to Anomynous @ 2014-07-29 06:21 from vaN} - click to readi think flashbleed is related to photography

• 2014-07-29 10:59
  • fCxX

To those who plan to buy Z1 Compact, read this. Have you previously owned an Xperia phone? If not you have no idea what you are getting into, this phone has a shatterproof plastic sheet on the display, which gives it a very unpleasant touch compared to phones with oleophobic coated glass, and it also scratches very easily and is impossible to keep clean, while oleophobic phones basically stays clean all by themselves.

This problem is much worse than you think and after some months it will annoy you more and more, that is why i am telling you people to wait for Z3 Compact that will not have this terrible plastic sheet. Otherwise its a good phone but the shatterproof sheet is a dealbreaker.

• 2014-07-29 06:26
  • vaN}

> In reply to sam @ 2014-07-28 18:08 from YTdP - click to readUnfortunately its a known problem on this phone, coined as "flash bleed". It is possible to fix, you can search for solutions.

• 2014-07-29 06:21
  • vaN}

Two things lacking in this phone to make it complete : Xenon and led flash to make the night day and good stereo speaker with lots of volume like in iphone 5s.

• 2014-07-29 01:35
  • v0qZ

i noticed something today
wherever i use flash in the dark the whole back panel glow
anyone noticed..?
is it normal..?

• 2014-07-28 18:08
  • YTdP

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-25 21:39 from HCX2 - click to readLoudness depends on the file properties...Some video files are ripped in low volume some arent.Same goes for music files...Low loudness is smt you experience on every device if the file is ripped that way...The earpiece sound is perfect...Try to listen some Youtube official music videos for reference before you judge ;-)

• 2014-07-28 08:43
  • m@6V

hi guys i am from india....
i want to buy xperia phone which one is best z1 or z1compact????????
plz tell me ur valueable suggestion.....

• 2014-07-28 06:28
  • X0Jt

perfect and specially the battery feature is excellent.

• 2014-07-28 01:06
  • 6wix

Finally got this phone!

• 2014-07-27 21:06
  • UD%n

Z1 compact or nexus 5

• 2014-07-27 17:28
  • KZ85

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-26 12:01 from Hxe4 - click to readMaybe he is from India or something like that, noisy environment. Z3 Compact will fix that with active noise cancelling, i think i will be getting one (glad i didnt go for Z1 Compact) but im afraid there will not be a 8mp 4:3 mode for Superior Auto, its too messy to always have to change settings in manual mode, thats why i am looking for alternatives from other brands, 16:9 is really not an option for me.

• 2014-07-27 14:37
  • vaN%

It's a great phone ,I got one in Nigeria it was wonderful but after using it a couple of times on the pool side ,water got inside and damaged the board (note I was being very careful when I used it ,I made sure all ports are well closed & I didn't go under water. )well when I took it to Sony,because it was still under warranty, they said what they mean by waterproof that it can be used only under rain.I also read on Sony blog many incidents such as mine.great phone but really waterproof as advertised.

• 2014-07-27 11:08
  • ftKc

> In reply to Devess @ 2014-07-27 03:44 from KZ8F - click to readso much appreciated...

• 2014-07-27 06:10
  • Letx

My experience using it for 4 months now.

1)I got 1 1/2 days of battery life(stamina mode ON) which. Excellent score

2)Of all the connection have on this phone, I only use wifi, 3G and bluetooth alot. I'm a bad user. :b

3)S800 is still a great performer for gaming after a year in market. And don't judge any other mini smartphone to have S800.

4)Overheating never been an issue for this device. Its body are cold and solid. Never got any complaints from me.

5)Charging rate is normal from 30% to 100% took 2 hour and 10 minute. Charging rate also won't get effect when using the phone while charging.

6)Camera still capture the best photo when selecting 8MP mode. 20.7MP just a cropped picture have less details. HDR mode is great.

7)Records video has great details on it but the sound record in it are terrible in quality and loudness. SteadyShot is recommended.

8)Flaps are just to common for me. I started from Xperia Mini(only USB), Xperia Acro S(all), Xperia Z1C(except 3.5mm). (Parts cover with flaps)

9)Speaker output have great quality but its like whispers to you. Just kidding:b. Its still decent loudness notification tone for me noticing it.

10)Vibration motor is powerful for me to feel its power. It's better to activate when you're in crowded area due to speaker whispers output.

11)Battery life in gaming has great endurance. Got a solid 4 hours playing Anomaly 2 and 5 hours of Minecraft.

12)Software stability is sometime fall of. Like recent apps button not respond and twitch tv hang. Gotta restart the phone.

13)Hardware button placement is perfect for my opinion. One handed can reach every button it have on this phone. No problem at all.

14)Recent apps update kinda annoying every 3 days of updating Sony's apps. But it's great as it improve the apps more and more.

15)Self-potrait(selfie) cam has this weird red saturation colour after taking a picture. Nope. I'm not a crazy for selfie kind of person.

16)Multi tasking has never have issue such as apps restart again when launching it. But I'm notice it will effect your stand by battery life.

17)Pogo pin is something else to me. It use for charging without opening a flaps. Using the phone while charging will effect its %/m rate.

18)Toughness are not attended to do on purpose. I accidentally drop the phone on a tar road about 8 feet height and dented its aluminium frame.

19)Plastic back are scratch magnet. I don't mind my fingerprint on phone, but with scratch, ruins its beauty. I recommend screen protector.

20)Sony center still recognise this phone. Because Sony has forgotten a phone such as Xperia Acro S(2 year). Maybe another 3 year?

21)Screen is a bit saturated in colour, but in black... not so good. Turning ON X-Reality... not so good. Cuz its over-sharpen the picture.

22)Screen is also not that great under light. Increase brightness is nothing. Recommend to turn OFF auto brightness and set to max bright.

23)Call quality is decent to understand a word. When talking through mic are not that good heard by the caller.

24)Network speed...? Haven't run a speed test before. But I only know is 3G connectivity is responsive. Wifi is depends what internet you have.

25)Low light capturing is good to compete the old champ, Lumia 920. Its has mind of its own such as low light to night mode.

Ok that's it what I have experience using Z1C for the past 4 months now. Hope you'll knowing the device in-depth. I will only reply to anyone who asking me a reasonable question. No haters comment allowed.
Phew, I have been typing this for 30 minute trying to get a reasonable topics. Although I will not always hanging in this opinion much. Sorry for the unorganised topic. Thank you:)

• 2014-07-27 03:44
  • KZ8F

hi
dose it supotr wireless charging??????

• 2014-07-27 01:45
  • HI32
Total of 2175 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia Z1 Compact.