Sony Xperia Z1 Compact - user opinions and reviews

Sony

8.4
8.4
8.6

which is better - z1c or samsung s4??

• 2014-09-15 11:34
  • uwx6

> In reply to mayur @ 2014-09-13 21:05 from t}LQ - click to readNo issue with the camera at all...its perfect...I have been using this phone from last 2 months...one and only problem with this is plastic bezel is prono to scratches...No problem related to performance----9/10 near perfect one of quickest phone i used ( I had Iphone 5 prior to z1 compact )---Z1C is faster than Iphone 5---though 21 MP camera would dissapoint a bit as out is better in superior auto mode ( 8 MP )

• 2014-09-15 06:36
  • t}Ar

Camera Unavailable,, wr to find the solution...

• 2014-09-14 14:17
  • utHx

after comparing so many phones in every sense i find z1c the most appropriate . But m a little confused after reading camera issues,

• 2014-09-13 21:05
  • t}LQ

> In reply to n0-way @ 2014-07-21 01:00 from 3cgi - click to readYou can completly depend upon sony's compact phones because unlike the minis of other brand ( samsung/htc) there is no difference in the perfomance of the minis and flagships they have same chipsets .build materials etc .......only thing is compactness ....they are sonys flagships with a reduced size ..........so choose z1 /z3 compact .............good luck!

• 2014-09-12 22:21
  • uumE

This is by far the best "mini" phone!!!

• 2014-09-12 20:46
  • LaIv

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-09-11 04:16 from 84u$ - click to readNo Heating problem...Phone is perfect battery last more than 1 day even if you are a very very heavy user...dont forget to use stamina mode....Go for it...worth buy

• 2014-09-12 07:44
  • t}Ar

error: camera unavailable @#$% (unit hanged) Turn off the phone and restart... oh, my GOD, wat happen to this phone?

• 2014-09-12 06:49
  • vxkd

I update the 4.4.4 but camera some times coming "camera not available "why?

• 2014-09-11 21:58
  • 3Yi3

> In reply to Icloud @ 2014-09-06 08:49 from pFjX - click to readGuys
I am planning to buy zi compact can any one tell me about battery back up.
Some one told me that its gone very heat when you use net its true some one tell me please

• 2014-09-11 04:16
  • 84u$
  • giorgos kostopoulos
  • Rating1

I had a note 3 after that i changed cause of the size to iphone 5s and battery was terrible,it didnt last not even a day.And so i desided to go for z1 compact. Is the best phone i ever hold on my hands,excellent quality of structure,more than excellent battery life,perfect conectivity with smart tvs and wireless printers pc etc,and good enough screen and camera.
i suggest this phone to everybody,if you dont try it you will never know the quality of this phone

• 2014-09-10 20:16
  • 3pU6

I've been using this phone since april 2014, i paid 180 eur for it when it came out alongisde a 2-year 19 eur/month voice unlimited 2GB internet carrier plan. I flashed kit kat 4.4 myself the day i bought it and i really must say it's the only piece of electronic technology i've ever bought in my life that's given me 110% satisfaction. Every thing you buy has dings, bumps, issues, problems etc but not my z1c. It's completely lag-free even though i piled on tonnes of useless aps, it works perfectly in every way imaginable, the battery is amazing, especially after i upgraded from an xperia ray and some older samsungs, it looks brilliant, all in all i think its the best purchase of an item i made in my life.

im not really impressed by z3 compact specs so ill probably wait for the z4 to come along but so far, z1c is the best phone in the world for me!

• 2014-09-09 23:51
  • ajVX

Hi I purchased this phone in February. It is a cracking phone in all aspects bar the camera. The 20.7mp camera is utterly misleading and the focus on and picture quality reflect this. It can also spring a notice of "camera unavailable" when taking a picture and the only solution for this is to turn the handset off and on. However, it does it again and again...

Great phone terrible camera!

• 2014-09-09 19:27
  • mg9Y

I've had this phone 6 months and its been nothing but hell. the screen has a mind of its own and the system always crashed since day 1! they did an update and it was fine for a few weeks but after that the camera started playing up and the system still wants to crash! the biggest issue is the keyboard and the touch screen it never does what i want it to do and now im so sick of sonys customer service im moving back to a HTC!

• 2014-09-09 19:02
  • 3HAR

> In reply to Limited @ 2014-09-09 04:33 from vj1N - click to readWell I am not into large phones that much. I liked the z1c because of its size and impressive specs. The z3c, on the other hand, will be too expensive at launch. Thanks anyways bro.

• 2014-09-09 08:50
  • 9DR}

> In reply to hekmat666 @ 2014-09-08 19:47 from mEDA - click to readeverything its perfect in this phone but the bezel and the glass front and back are too prono for scratches....other than that its a gorgeous phone...Super quick...Pretty...respponsive

• 2014-09-09 06:22
  • vweH

> In reply to hekmat666 @ 2014-09-08 19:47 from mEDA - click to readStill prone to scratches, yes. But I'd wait for z3 or you can go with z2 if I were you. They removed the protective screen that's in Z1 and Z1c.

• 2014-09-09 04:33
  • vj1N

Ok so far, there's still a problem with the camera. "camera not available." Sony released an update last week in my country (the updated 14.4.A.0.108) which includes the fix to the camera and... yup the problem is still there.. not always, but once in a while I encountered this error.

• 2014-09-09 04:29
  • vj1N

Folks is the device really that prone to scratches?? I'm considering buying one but the idea that says it's sooooo easily scratched is keeping me from buying it. Any ideas please???

• 2014-09-08 19:47
  • mEDA

Pros:
-Decent weight for me (not too light)
-Responsive/quick processing (HTC is better of course, but no problem encountered here with Z1C)
-Games never lag (including Asphalt 8: Airborne)
-Camera good for bright scenery
-Very good standby(screen off) time (with Stamina mode on)

Cons:
-Crashes from time to time
-Camera start-up / shutter-speed isn't great
-Camera focus under medium light (or dimmer) is slow and hesitant, under low light, focus can fail often
-Dedicated camera button is too stiff and hard to press, you'd find yourself using in-screen shutter button always
-Power drains fast when doing something (gaming / video / surfing), but I have not compared this directly with other phones... might be okay...
-Xperia Keyboard is un-type-able... I had to download Google Keyboard to replace it... HTC keyboard is much much much better.

Well, hope this helps some people with their decisions. In spite of all these cons, I still consider Sony Xperia Z1C very good for its price, definitely an above-average phone.

• 2014-09-08 18:40
  • tyuF
Total of 2390 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia Z1 Compact.