Just curious , wish to know any other Sony Z5premium user facing same issue as me.
I just send my z5 premium to sony service center due to unable to charge, Always shuts down after booting up to Sony welcoming screen. Noticed few people was there with same issue...luckily haven 1 year yet....
Equinox Hydroid, 19 Dec 2016What makes me confused the quality of this phone it really looks premium specially the chrome ... morehaha exactly! the whole X series is meh.....even XZ, for a 2015 smartphone, hands down Z5P its one of the best. If you're looking for something more powerful, get the 2016 ones like S7, V20, Mate 9 or even a Pixel for faster updates, or OnePlus 3T if you're in a budget :>
Thank you very much Sony!I had samsung s5,htc m7 ,lg g3.I became a sony fan from 2003.Never fail.Solid ,beautiful,elegant,powerfull and stable.Who buy a Sony never regret .Sony is QUALITY.
Volcaspica, 19 Dec 2016Well, if its not a Pixel or a Nexus, updates will be slow or later. No one can say that Z5 ser... moreWhat makes me confused the quality of this phone it really looks premium specially the chrome color even the regular Z5 variant over the xperia x
Gino7, 18 Dec 20161. Does this phone have the latest November security update?
2. Is the memory storage the UFS... moreI cant everything in terms of detailed specs, but here goes (based on my experience with Z5P)
1. Yes, Updated mine a few days ago
4. Camera still takes 1-2 seconds to load, not instant. Colours are better, definitely not warmer. Night shots are indeed better, but noise still present. Saving photos is much faster, though not instant. Zoom noise? I never actually experience that, so im not exactly sure about the "noise".
5. Speakers are better than any of the Z or even X series. But S7's mono speaker is still louder. S6 even louder.
6. Rebooting time still slow AF. Updates did not do any justice in the reboot time. The phone itself perform much faster, but start-up time is still extremely slow. Changing sim will require you to reboot twice, this is probably the most irritating part of this phone.
7. Nougat for all Z5 series gonna be at Q1 2017
8. Heating issue still present ( i live in a tropical country ), though I felt it only when the device is rebooting/starting up, 4K video taking especially. For normal camera and video capture (1080p), it will still heats up, but not as hot as 4k, especially is the screen brightness is all the way to the top.
I've been using the Z5P since the launch day in my country and still loving it ever since.
Hope that helps. :>
Equinox Hydroid, 17 Dec 2016Agree with you dear but sony always stops updates for 2 years old devices and nougat will be t... moreWell, if its not a Pixel or a Nexus, updates will be slow or later. No one can say that Z5 series will receive Android O or P, and so does every other manufacturer out there. Getting updates for 2-3 years is good enough for me, even in marshmallow, this is already a solid phone. Even better than the current XZ.
Anonymous, 18 Dec 2016Which settings did you touch?Rooting = Disabling Bloat Sony Apps = Longer Battery Life.
1. Does this phone have the latest November security update?
2. Is the memory storage the UFS-type? Or something that is slightly slower?
3. Is the memory LPDDR3 or the newer LPDDR4?
4. With the latest camera update does it now open/load up faster? Colours warmer and not cold-looking? Night shots better? Quicker processing/saving of photos? Zoom still noisy? (Had Xperia phones in the past and the same symptoms seem to occur...poor memory management hence the apps load slow, camera takes 1-2 seconds to actually open, photos has a bluish/cool tinge, night shots is poor with a purple/orange tinge when adjusting the Manual setting, digital zoom has so much noise)
5. Heard the speakers sound tiny and muffled compared to past Xperia Z phones, Galaxt S7, etc.
6. And why is the startup/reboot lasts almost 60 seconds?
7. Nougat anytime soon? 7.0 is out Sept/Oct and 7.1.1 out December. Can we expect a major update soon?
8. Still have sign of heating after latest update? (If i'm taking a video it would only be 1080p)
Mohamed-Salah, 16 Dec 2016i bought this phone and i had problem because the phone is heating in my hand while I'm using... morePhone heating is normal when you are connecting it to a Wifi or mobile data connection because it is consuming a large amount of battery life.
Mohamed-Salah, 16 Dec 2016i bought this phone and i had problem because the phone is heating in my hand while I'm using... moreThis is a known heating problem. Its due to Snapdragon 810 CPU and the heating problem can't be stopped. It adds to bad battery life.
sunrise83, 17 Dec 2016Z5 Premium all the way dude. Best phone evaAgree with you dear but sony always stops updates for 2 years old devices and nougat will be the last for Z5 family this is why am confused
Equinox Hydroid, 13 Dec 2016Z5 premium or xperia x to upgrade from z2?Z5 Premium all the way dude. Best phone eva
88000 is not bad result(at least om mine z5 premium).its great improvment over 801 who scored 50000
I'd love to hear how did you root this phone.
Is your bootloader still locked? How is the camera quality after root?
What settings have you changed to get 6 hours OST?
i bought this phone and i had problem because the phone is heating in my hand while I'm using in chatting or browsing, and this is minium requirement , i think they have to fix the phone heating problem, many users told me they experience the same problem and i have replaced the phone with non Sony device.
hellsgate, 15 Dec 2016Not a best choice to replace xperia xz over z5 premium. wait for a better and higher specs from sonyZ5 premium much worth it. From what I have seen Even though xperia xz much faster. But still the performance doesn't make any difference. Better to wait sony to come up with a 4GB of RAM.
And last one the score of xperia z5 premium in antutu benchmark is a disappointment. However, I never believe the score from antutu benchmark.
hellsgate, 15 Dec 2016Not a best choice to replace xperia xz over z5 premium. wait for a better and higher specs from sonyBudget wise it is cheaper than XZ and is just 1 yr. old 2015 flagship and Sony's standard will still get Software updates longer than any non-Google OEM.
Also is the only current 4K(UHD) Smartphone to date and maybe hopefully will have a future successor.