Anonymous, 08 Apr 2015awesome phone..i bought it...but with out a flash its so incomplete...i suggest you to use this phone as a tablet. it got 5.1 lolipop today.
it's a really awesome phone & brilliant performance & obviously the size of this phone is much bigger that's why u can use it as a tablet.
:), 04 Apr 2015No im not.:) I enjoy using this phone, playing games on it and surfing the net. But camera is ... moreI dont know about the camera problem in your device..i thing maybe is firmware bugs..okey this is my honest xperiance using this device since mid-october last year..
great triluminos full hd display,very thin 6.5mm and well,solid design,great for gaming and internet browse..not so heavy in my hand when compare to other 7" tablet..3000mah battery is good in standby(off screen) with stamina mode on..
unplugged from battery charges,i can get 7hour on screen run time non-stop from 100%-2% for internet browse using edge(E) and wifi connection with lower screen brightness setting..if u on screen runtime non-stop with H+ this device can longer about 4.30hour..i thing this device is so so power battery hungry..camera is awesome on day but blur and worst on night..speaker is soft for ringtones,i just use normal sony ericsson poly ringtones bcos little bit loud in my bags,mp3 songs maybe u miss the incoming call
I buy this device bcoz is beautifull,slim design,big screen for gaming tenet browse And not for camera lover..i hope lollipop updates coming soon can solve the battery issue in my device..i m very love this purple gigantic device but not satisfied about the battery life bcosz i m heavy user..sorry for my bad english
Anonymous, 08 Apr 2015Flash... Else its a perfect phone!!!awesome phone..i bought it...but with out a flash its so incomplete...
PsFreedom, 06 Apr 2015I've used this phone for over a year. Here is my opinion. Everything except camera is good. Gr... moreJust that sony missed the flash for this phone. Other wise a gr8 phone. Most probably it an be used as tablet also.
I Am planning to buy sony xperia z ultra but when I READ that its battery is non removable I Got very disappointed plz tell me is that ok to buy it cause its battery is NON REMOVEABLE its about 27000 here in karachi, pakistan plzzz reply me
Thanks ... :)
Hi folks plse help me out, I want to buy Sony xperia z ultra by next from the uk though I am in Ghana, what i want to know is, can I down load whatsapp on this device?
I've used this phone for over a year. Here is my opinion. Everything except camera is good. Great CPU + RAM. Snapdragon 800 and 2GB ram are still good till now. Great screen, good design, well finished, acceptable battery. I don't care much about camera because I use it for fun and I do have another MRL camera which is far better if I need quality. I love this.
After using this beast for four months here are pros and cons which i found out. based on them decide if you wanna buy it or not.
1) Brilliant Full hd TFT Screen with natural color reproduction. although some may like oversaturated amoled displays of Samsung, Lg.
2) Never lags at all although its really strange that hardly 400 mb ram remains free out of 1.9 GB available. But all that matters is how fast the device operates so i don't worry about how much free ram is there. Install Clean master and you can get keep it under control.
3) Never gets heat up even after playing asphalt 8 and real racing for almost two hours at a stretch. they have managed to use the os optimally that processor doesn't over runs.
4) Xperia UI customization is awesome. I love its air theme.
5) Build quality is just unbeatable. don't even like to hold samsung cheap plastic crapshits after using this. and its sturdy too. till now survived four massive drops and no scratch at all as i have applied scratch guard. just replaced them when they get too scratched out.
6) Magnetic charging facility charges phone real quick.
7) Overall great in ergonomics as button placement are awesome and its super slim too and its weight evenly distributed.
1) Battery backup is average as its just a 3050 MAH battery. but still it lasts for almost 8 to 10 hours with 3G internet connection always on an mid gaming.
2) Sony has been always known for Music and camera clarity but this phone is a set back at both. Its speaker is at down side so if its in pocket you will hardly hear the music ring tone.
3) Due to water resistance its earphones also produces less volume. Consider using a good quality head phones as the headphones are disaster too. I use skull candy and they sound marvelous.
4) Camera wise both front and back are bad. On top of that lack of flash makes things worst if the place is not well lit up. I bought IBlazr which costed me 3500 rs and now i get good pics as its an awesome external flash and just plug it in headphone jack and enjoy its awesome light on click. but still this is not what we expect from sony who has been well known for producing some stunning camera sensors. If your requirement floats around having a stunning camera phone then Z ultra is not for you.
5) Phone is a finger print magnet. I clean it every two hours and it still becomes flooded with finger marks.
6) Opening and closing flap for charging is a pain. it may even destroy its water proofing if sustains wear and tear. I use a magnetic docking charger to avoid damage to flaps.
7) One huge software customization mistake done by Sony engineers. You can't transfer apps to SD card. so if you go for five six big games like Nova 3, frontline commando, Asphalt 8, need for speed then soon your phone will run out of internal app memory. Hope they fix this issue in lollypop upgrade which we don't know when they will release.
These are few pros and cons i found in this phone
Mehrdad, 04 Apr 2015HTC desire 820 or z ultra ??!
Z ultra absolutely is powerful device,but i think it maybe bor... moreIf your need is just an awesome camera phone then htc desire 820 is your phone. apart from that in every department Xperia z ultra smokes HTC desire 820 apart. Processor in Z ultra is a beast. Screen clarity is marvelous. Phones design and feel fabulous. and HTC desire 820 has a terrible issue of heating too much. trust me my two friends bought them and when we play asphalt 8 for half an hour the phone becomes unmanageable hot below the camera. we just can't bear the heat. whereas i played asphalt 8 on z ultra for two hours at a stretch and no signs of heat or lags.
So your choice :)
M using sony xperia z ultra c6802 model.m facing heat problem when playin 3d game like real racing.is that usual or my cell problem.