Sony Xperia ZL - user opinions and reviews

Sony

8.1
8.1
8.2

I've been using xperia ZL one year, until the moment I am still comfortable using ZL. no damage batery or other issue. moreover will soon be able to feel the lollipop, can not wait: D

• 2014-11-24 05:43
  • PEmd

> In reply to kovi 1209 @ 2014-11-17 21:16 from JKWZ - click to readUpdated to 4.4.4 from 4.4.2 today. Now my microphone is having issues. I can hear the calling party but no one can hear me. Tried changing settings under call settings and sound but no improvement. Come ON SONY! My past experience with Kit Kat updates has been very bad. Should have stuck to 4.2. Had no issues at all.

• 2014-11-20 13:13
  • tety

> In reply to kovi 1209 @ 2014-11-17 21:16 from JKWZ - click to readYes. All Z series smartphones are available to upgrade to Android 5.0 Lollipop, announced by Sony few weeks ago.

• 2014-11-20 07:24
  • IVTn

Dude's Sony Xperia ZL Better In Any Mobile Under 20,000/-
Its My opinion

• 2014-11-19 14:55
  • Xu@D

I want to know if lollipop update is available ? And is there any problems with battery and camera on 5.0 ? Or is 4.4.4 update better ? Thanks..

• 2014-11-17 21:16
  • JKWZ

is it waterproof

• 2014-11-15 10:26
  • tjKx

Dude,check eBay...I've mentioned the battery number in my previous posts...just Google xperia zl battery..

• 2014-11-11 05:32
  • KAqk

is xperia ZL waterproof??

• 2014-11-10 02:13
  • wHS@

> In reply to Kira @ 2014-11-09 11:26 from vGB3 - click to readthe problem is, it's so hard to FIND a battery replacement for this unit.

• 2014-11-10 01:31
  • uSUP

Got the battery replaced.The phone works completely fine.I accidentally broke the power flex cable while replacing the battery,so the power button doesn't work now,but it's a mistake on my part.So started the phone using the yellow reset switch and downloaded an app which uses the volume key as the power key.You can get the battery replacement tutorial on (https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Sony+Xperia+ZL+Bat­tery+Replacement/28802).Sony is awesome,but i guess i'm still through with it. LOL.

• 2014-11-09 11:26
  • vGB3

> In reply to Sony Sucks!! @ 2014-11-07 02:58 from Mfyx - click to readI had this issue - I tried everything to fix it - the only solution is to replace the battery - not such a big deal - took me about 20 mins. It's tedious but there are good tutorials out there.

• 2014-11-09 03:33
  • Ycsx

Am using this phone from past three week it's running in android 4.4 version, The battery get discharge very quickly,when I checked in power management settings it's showing android system is consuming more than 60%energy.The another problem is phone get heats up very fast especially when using 3G.

Can any1 help me how to fix this issue?

• 2014-11-07 11:58
  • Xu@G

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-11-07 00:42 from kVM3 - click to readYou'll only know when you suffer. I used to think the same untill 2 days ago i faced the same issue. while using camera my phone got dead and now can only use untill i put it on charge. and the best part is i couldnt find the battery to replace anywhere around...

• 2014-11-07 02:58
  • Mfyx

> In reply to Mich @ 2014-11-05 08:08 from 6vt5 - click to readLots of Battery story telling on this post, but our SONY ZL has NO battery issues... that is battery charging or draining.

Not sure what all this Hype is about???? ZL cell phone is Excellent and battery Charge Lasts about a week long on occasional user!!!

• 2014-11-07 00:42
  • kVM3

> In reply to freespirit @ 2014-11-03 19:08 from MHyM - click to readMy zl even 25% battery its charging..,

• 2014-11-05 08:08
  • 6vt5

has anybody been experiencing a charging issue with their ZL?My phone only starts charging after the battery reaches 1-2%.

• 2014-11-03 19:08
  • MHyM

I've been using Sony since i was a kid.I started out with w200i.I currently own the xperia zl which i bought last oct.I've been facing problems with my phone since last week.The phone initially started switching off when I started using any application.The problem further went on increasing and the phone started switching off when I unlocked my phone.Now the problem has increased to such an extent that my phone won't start.The Sony logo at the start-up gets displayed and the phone switches off.After quite a lot of googling and research I came to know that there's a problem with my phone's battery.I then decided to change the battery of my ZL.But the people in Sony service center said that they won't be opening the phone as they didn't have the proper tools(It can be opened with the help of a screw driver and a pair of pliers,but I don't know what their problem was)(my warranty ended on the 5th of Oct,but the warranty doesn't matter). I was given an option of replacing the phone with a refurbished model.(Which I don't think any owner would be okay with). So I obviously denied and started checking out other mobile repairing shops and other dealers.Btw,Sony service center doesn't even sell the battery separately,they say the phone cannot be opened and they can't help it.I live in Pune city and I checked the regular mobile repairers and dealers and got to know that Xperia ZL's battery (LIS1501ERPC) is not available even with a single dealer/repairer.They say the same thing Sony service center said.(phone cannot be opened blah blah...)So i have finally decided to buy a battery online and fix the problem myself.Hopefully It'll work.I have used W200i,W580i,J20i(Hazel)[had a display problem],Xperia X8,Xperia SL[stolen,sadly],and Xperia ZL(the same one) and am through with Sony. So I hope this review helps you. I really liked Sony a lot but this is the harsh reality.

• 2014-11-01 18:33
  • vGBm

> In reply to Sunil @ 2014-10-27 00:26 from ptK7 - click to readThat's normal. Every phone heats up

• 2014-10-28 05:21
  • bJb3

> In reply to Eisley @ 2014-09-17 17:34 from LyAM - click to readCould someone, please, answer to these questions?

Thanks!

Pd: The Xperia ZL is one of the best smartphones in the world. Big, yet compact, fast and capable. Right now it's quite cheap, but it's quality is high end. Everything, except maybe it's screen (for very extremely exigent people), is excellent. For me the screen is gorgeous!
Just a warning, this is not the smartphone for the guy who moves around the city a lot in the day. Battery life can be a problem (It endures almost 4.7 hours of screen on). But, if you love it, just get a 10K mAh battery bank, carry it in your bag, and you're good to go.
This smartphone is more suitable for the office guy. It's quite polished and elegant.

Never had a problem with it. Just am wondering how to root it, and what's good for it in 5.0

Peace.

Eisley

• 2014-10-27 19:24
  • L8M7

Today only I bought it.
1st thing I did battery charge full 100%.

2nd thing update. I found the fone (screen & back side) heats up very fast and battery drains very quickly.

Anyone can help, why it heats up.

• 2014-10-27 00:26
  • ptK7
Total of 3163 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia ZL.