Sony Xperia ZL - user opinions and reviews

Sony

8.1

After updating to kit Kat recently a few minutes after use the phone went off n does not come on anymore. When plugged to a charger it will start, when removed will work fr 2min n go off again.. when try to start only Sony logo comes n phone goes off :( :'( ... Service centre said sorry we don't deal in repairs of zl v will replace it with a refurbished handset.. wtf.. what will I do with sum1 else's scratched up phone

• 2014-09-18 07:39
  • KSwt

Sony xperia ZL no baseband issue. Anyone knows the method how to fix this? Much thanks

• 2014-09-18 04:12
  • P@1G

Was 4.2.2 better than the lastest 4.4.4??? Os is it just me?

I liked using my ZL on 4.2.2 then it was stolen. I plan to get another one. Please advice me on whether to updated or not. Need a review about this!

Is there root for lastest version 4.4.4, too? Please help! (No bootloader unlocking for root, I don't like that)

Thanks!

Eisley

• 2014-09-17 17:34
  • LyAM

> In reply to rb @ 2014-09-15 10:45 from YWiE - click to readdude, your device is faulty... max charging is only about 2.5hrs. overcharging your unit more than that is bad and will soon destroy your battery...

• 2014-09-17 15:23
  • 8jpX

my device is having mic issue which i thought was due to sim related issues as told by dealers but the issue is not fixed.current version on my device is 4.1.2 .will the upgrade fix my issue?

• 2014-09-16 11:25
  • MfxP

after 3 days install the 4.4.4 update,it seems flowless battery is ok.. tnx sony

• 2014-09-15 15:42
  • 6p5j

> In reply to rb @ 2014-09-14 15:51 from YWiE - click to readIts better than 4.4.2 but still battery drains faster than jelly bean. Used wifi n videos for 2hrs and then after 12hrs charge is 19% so i do not want people to upgarde to 4.4.4 if they are using jelly bean. Go ahead with the update if u have 4.4.2. Thanx

• 2014-09-15 10:45
  • YWiE

it has been 2 hrs that i updated to 4.4.4 (c6502) and its running smooth. no problem till now and about the battery....well i will update as soon i am done testing.

• 2014-09-14 15:51
  • YWiE

Xperia z and zr getting kitkat 4.4.4, why xperia zl not getting any update?

• 2014-09-14 15:08
  • YTK@

Just updated to 4.4.4 and things got a better. Battery now lasts longer compared to the 4.4.2. 30%-40% better. Settings lag is gone. Apps load faster. Enjoy your update guys!

• 2014-09-13 09:45
  • 9Lbd

My zl was just 6 months old..when it got all f****d up, after 20 days of trying to fix the mothe board the service centre people got fed up and they called me today to say they will give me a Brand New Black Xperia Z within 7 working days :D

• 2014-09-13 08:46
  • w6LR

Love it! It's amazing, and also my 1st smartphone. I spent a lot of time researching the best fit for me features and price wise and I'm very happy with it. Isn't it funny though how when you get a new phone, you spend a lot of time looking for apps that will make it do what your old phone did? All part of the fun, I guess.

• 2014-09-13 06:54
  • PZTt

i made the worst decision. iphone 5 at that time vs experia zl. i selected experial zl over iphone. but then in less than a year my experia had so many problems. battery, freezing and many more its a nightmare. ever purchased extended warranty. the service station took 2 months for diagnosis plus they let me pay for the battery.

• 2014-09-13 04:39
  • DQn8

best phone till now because i have not updated to kitkat. 8 months and still running smooth. 4.3 jellybean. please tell me about 4.4.4

• 2014-09-12 15:37
  • K6md

> In reply to Shweta @ 2014-09-11 11:43 from RKkJ - click to readI had the same problem. They gave me a new one after 15-20 days. If its under warranty period jus go to the service centre

• 2014-09-12 08:50
  • PI18

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-08-25 21:20 from qnTg - click to readHello Anonymous

I dont have cash bro :( got it on a credit card.

People who are facing issues with phone are posting here because this space is called " the comments section" where people are supposed to share there experience.

And who told you we are posting here instead of going to service center? We are posting after submitting the phone in service center.

• 2014-09-11 14:38
  • ijyg

> In reply to Braindead @ 2014-08-27 21:32 from vf1a - click to readDude

Your brain is dead for sure :P. I has the warranty card and shit but the service center people insisted on the Sony Centre Invoice with IMEI.

However here is some interesting update:

They called be after 10 dayand say the mother board is gone and it will take 4 days to get a new one. Then after 10 more days(which is today), I called them up to ask if they had fixed my phone.

The girl said we will call you back tomorrow. I insisted them to give me an update right then, the girl kept me on hold for 10 minutes and then said you will get a Xperia Z and Sony will call me tomorrow regarding this.

I just hope they dont ask me for extra money. I already bought this ZL on my credit card and am still paying my dues while the phone is sitting in a service center and I am using my nokia 1100.

Lets see what happens tomorrow.Till then Peace!!

• 2014-09-11 14:32
  • ijyg

Worst Experience by using no 1 branded mobile of SONY Xperia ZL

3 weeks prior started facing problem with handset Having mike problem. Not even completed a year its under warranty. so called No 1 company could not even repair it till date... now offering refurbished handset without any fault of mine.

Have sent the mails to sony also but no reply... service center is useless

Can any1 assist in this manner??

• 2014-09-11 11:43
  • RKkJ

Kitkat 4.4.4 is coming for xperia zl.

• 2014-09-11 06:11
  • uw88

> In reply to ZL On AT&T @ 2014-09-08 15:21 from QTTf - click to readSounds like your Provider! Get a grip Mate.

• 2014-09-09 21:29
  • jKvx
Total of 3113 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia ZL.