Sony Xperia ZL - user opinions and reviews

Sony

8.2
8.1
8.2

please remove ext. SD card. then try

• 2014-12-17 10:42
  • 959V

nice phone

• 2014-12-16 08:15
  • U2Y0

> In reply to vengat krishna @ 2014-12-15 10:25 from XuZU - click to readsame problem....

• 2014-12-15 20:47
  • Yhjd

I am using xperia ZL mobile for a last 1 year. 6 days before Suddenly the phone got switched off. i try to switched ON. i dint work. then pressed the reset button in the back side. it got switched ON. After 2 day i got the same problem. i repeated the same step. got switched ON. The same day my phone got switched off again.

So i given to the service center. they told if its is a software problem it will take 2 days. if it is hardware it will take 15 days. i told it is ok. yesterday i checked with the service center they told it is hardware problem. it cant be serviced.
it can be replaced by new phone of 80% of cost. i want to service the same phone they told service cost of 50% of that phone.

i got highly disappointed with that service center replay.
Sony phone will work for only 1 year. after that i should through the phone.
Please HELP ME. Suggest me wat to do.

• 2014-12-15 10:25
  • XuZU

> In reply to lokesh @ 2014-12-08 07:36 from sSK1 - click to readi am also facing the same problem. kindly give the service address. i can also give my phone to the service

• 2014-12-15 08:57
  • XuZU

i am using xperia ZL mobile for a last 1 year. 6 days before Suddenly the phone got switched off. i try to switched ON. i dint work. then pressed the reset button in the back side. it got switched ON. After 2 day i got the same problem. i repeated the same step. got switched ON. The same day my phone to switched off.

So i given to the service center in coimbatore. they told if its is a software problem we will repair it in 2 days. if it is hardware it will take 15 days. i told it is ok. yesterday i checked with the service center they told it is hardware problem. it cant be serviced.
it can be replaced by new phone of 80% of cost. or else it will cost 50% of the phone for servicing

i got highly disappointed with that service center replay.
Sony phone will work for only 1 year. after that i should through the phone.i am biggest fan of Sony product.
i will never buy the sony product. Just For using 1 year i paid 30,000. i am going to give the phone outside for service.

it is really true.

• 2014-12-15 07:56
  • XuZU

Plz guys suggest me which one is better zr or zl i m going to buy pls pls say fast is it a good phone....?

• 2014-12-14 14:04
  • 7XNY

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-12-12 09:44 from QD4C - click to readOh nooo its specification is amazing but why it is not waterproof....!!

• 2014-12-12 19:04
  • tPFb

> In reply to Trian @ 2014-11-10 02:13 from wHS@ - click to readNo, zl is not waterproof.

• 2014-12-12 09:44
  • QD4C

> In reply to lokesh @ 2014-12-08 07:36 from sSK1 - click to readYaaaaa... Me2 faced te Same problem... Don't buy any sony mobiles..

• 2014-12-12 07:29
  • U{Lr

Xperia ZL is a nice mobile phone, but for those who need 4G LTE must aware that there are two types of ZL, the cheaper one only for 3G, the other one which is a little bit expensive supports 4G LTE. I am really disappointed that no one from the showroom told me that, after a few months having the ZL, I have just realized that mine doesn't support 4G LTE.

• 2014-12-10 16:55
  • yM9h

Hello I Cannot belive thasony can make fool to its custmers.
Same thing had happened with me . My Sony xperia ZL was not getting turned on. When i visited to Sony service center they told that this cell cannot be opened & repaired anywhere. It was out of warranty. they suggested me for replacement by paying 80% value for new set. I got disappointed. paying 30000 for a Sony mobile & getting this kind of replies from sony it was disgusting. I went to out side mobile repaire shop were they said that this cell have a common circuit short problem. By paying just 200/- it got fine.

Please do not belive sony

• 2014-12-08 07:36
  • sSK1

I just want to say.. I LOVE IT. Cant wait Lollipop update..!!

• 2014-12-07 18:03
  • tue9

> In reply to pop Corn @ 2014-12-06 19:41 from Q}3J - click to readDid you want to say;the motherboard was dead? This is so common and a very often problem for xperia phones.

• 2014-12-07 09:21
  • 0w7m

my opinion about this phone is as follows. 4 months after buying my phone brand new it started to heat up and after about a month of it heating up and losing its charge really fast my circuit board will try. I add mediately fell in love with this phone and I like it very very much. When my circuit board ride I was able to send it off to get fixed because I was under warranty. Now that I have my phone back they updated it they change my battery they fix the circuit board and its been working perfectly fine for the past 5 months, now recently it's starting to heat up again so what I do is just turn my phone off after using it or about 10 15 minutes straight because I don't want to fry it again. Even though I love the Sony phone I will never buy another Sony phone is because of this problem because I don't have $800 to flush down the toilet.

• 2014-12-06 19:41
  • Q}3J

> In reply to Abhijeet @ 2014-12-04 14:51 from t}nX - click to readI bought my phone and 4 months later I had this problem it's Friday my circuit board. Good thing my phone was under warranty because I was able to send it in and get it fixed completely. Now that I have had my phone for another 6 month the problem is starting to reoccur. I am not satisfied with this because it's not cheap to buy a smartphone even though I love this phone but I will never buy another Sony phone again because of this experience and I'm not sure if it's going to fry my circuit board again hopefully not. If you feel your phone heating up my advice is to turn it off and leave it until your phone cool down because if you don't you're going to fry it.

• 2014-12-06 19:37
  • Q}3J

Device gets heated up very quickly when multiple apps are opened. Can anybody tell me whether this's a common issue with other ZL devices too..?

Everything else seems cool..

• 2014-12-04 14:51
  • t}nX

> In reply to Eisley @ 2014-12-01 01:04 from L8PS - click to readI had my phone with Sony service. They changed display and there was a screen protector on it. it was damaged later and when I wanted to peel it off it was so sticky which i think was the original film comes from sony. I took it out and logo was still there

• 2014-12-02 18:45
  • IV}W

> In reply to Eisley @ 2014-12-01 01:04 from L8PS - click to readYes,I think the logo is on the shatter film.If you remove it you will remove the logo too.

• 2014-12-02 18:17
  • MD}h

Hey guys! Does someone know if removing the shatter film that comes preinstalled on the screen will remove the SONY logo too?

That happens with other Z Xperias as Z1 and Z.

Has anyone tried? Has the logo remained after the film was removed?

I've heard the SONY logo is NOT affected if you remove the film from the ZL's screen. Want to know if that is true.

Thanks!

Eisley

Removal of anti shatter proof film Sony Xperia Z (logo is out)

• 2014-12-01 01:04
  • L8PS
Total of 3183 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia ZL.