Sony Xperia ZL - user opinions and reviews

Sony

8.1
8.1
8.2

I enjoyed using this smartphone for 8 months or so. Then circuits relating to the battery and the charging socket burned down. All attempts to repair the thing were waste of time and money. Don't buy it.

• 2015-02-25 13:51
  • 0nxf

> In reply to bouthys @ 2015-02-13 12:34 from rKpt - click to readUse app clean master

• 2015-02-23 18:22
  • utRT

pls dnt ever buy tis phone it works perectly fine for exactly for one year after which u ll be facing battery issues which dey demand u too pay 80 percent of the money u brought the phone

• 2015-02-18 18:33
  • Hkt{

The most favourite mobile of mine.... Smartphone really smart... With It's viewing angle,compact 5" mobile, front facing camera at bottom... Cool mobile I don't find any battery issue... S its heatups while multi tasking.... Anyways It's a lovely mobile I have ever used

• 2015-02-17 17:59
  • KhuW

Actually I've been using xperia Zl for the past one year and this has been one of the best I've ever used.. luxurious, rich, and royal.. I'm fortunate to own this..
the only problem I face is that the mobile is getting heat often, wen there is multiprocess.. is there any solution for this...?? pls do let me Knw.

• 2015-02-13 12:34
  • rKpt

I'm using this phone since its launch and I am very happy with it. The battery still lasts about a day with moderate use. No lags. Best 5inch compact phone...!!!!

• 2015-01-31 07:46
  • rJ9A

I bought this Xperia ZL and very soon after buying, it's power button popped out and felt away. Soo, basically i have lost it. how am i suppose to fix it back ??

I dont want to spend much money over it. It is just a button.

• 2015-01-24 11:29
  • uthI

This phone-Sony Xperia ZL has one of the best screen to body ratio among all smartphones.Even phones released in 2014-15 can't compete with this one.

• 2015-01-22 14:07
  • rAfB

Yes thats true the phone does have battery problem which can only b replaced with a new one in order for your phone to work otherwise the phone is awesome.

For all those facing battery problem relax and calm down. What u need to do is order a battry from aliexpress.com ... with battery they will also send you free tools to fix any phone and it only cost you about $15. It does take 30 to 40 days to get delivered but the battery is batter than the orignal one in the phone. You can watch tutorials from youtube and can easily change your battery your self. I had the same problem and i got it fixed my self the same way... its been 4 months since then and my phone is working perfectly fine and i love this phone... but yeah sony need to improve their service center and yeah also their engineers and try to make trouble-less

• 2015-01-22 08:15
  • 6QKU

> In reply to Kira @ 2014-11-01 18:33 from vGBm - click to readSame problem here. I am from Pune too. Please let me know if you get to repair the phone locally. You can order battery online from alibaba.com, it would take some time and then there is painful replacement that you will need to make yourself. Still I think its ok to replace instead of throwing away the phone.

This is design flaw. They should atleast provide replacement battery and charged repair service for such expensive device.
Sony is useless, shameless and I am not going to buy ANY SONY again.

• 2015-01-19 07:31
  • vw6E

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-01-06 10:41 from KhtN - click to readExactly same problem here. From Pune, India. Phone works only when connected to charger. Else it switches off on SONY logo or bootloops.
Sony is refusing to repair(its out of warranty) the phone and says that it can only be replaced. I wasted 26000 rs for this useless junk device which lasted only for 14 months.

To all ZL users, please get your phone replaced if you are approaching the end of warranty. I feel that this battery problem would occur at some point of time.

Fro affected users, you can open the battery and connect -ve terminal(refer xda-developer Xperia ZL threads) or buy new battery.

• 2015-01-19 07:26
  • vw6E

Xperia ZL is a very nice smartphone and has a durable long lasting battery. I have been using it for last 20 months. The battery still have the same performance as the time it was brought. Still it gives 7 hours continuous browsing/operating which I did last night. It is smooth and sony gives time to time updates.yet it does not hang fot a single time though runs the multiple apps. Happy to have this phone.

• 2015-01-15 10:32
  • tjKV

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-01-06 10:41 from KhtN - click to readHow much u paid for that... 80% ????

• 2015-01-12 08:09
  • XuZG

No,Use i given my phone outside for service they also cant able rectify the problem. They told problem in motherboard only sony can service it. but they are asking 80% of amount.... i am going to through the phone and going for Samsung or HTC

• 2015-01-12 08:08
  • XuZG

I don't have this phone

• 2015-01-06 23:57
  • q53Q

> In reply to vengat krishna @ 2014-12-15 10:25 from XuZU - click to readFacing almost the same problem. Phone restarts continously untill the battery drains out. If i charge it again and keep it switched off for 2 or 3 weeks, it'll work for about 2 days. Went to a local Sony service centre where they said that Xperia 'Z Series' phones can only be replaced and not repaired (which no one ever mentioned while buying). And since my warranty period got over a month ago, i'd have to pay 80% of the phone price for replacement. Very disappointed with Sony service.

• 2015-01-06 10:41
  • KhtN

again and again i am saying this after 1 year and 3 months with the ZL
this mobile has no battery issue , i faced the battery darning issue 3 times:
1- when i had an old SD card class 2 and to many songs on it some files has been corrupted and the mobile is trying to index the files which make it daring the battery,removing the SD solved the problem.
2- when i updated the mobile with jelly bean 4.1.3 and has been fixed with hot fix from Sony.
3- i installed custom theme it wok just fine on the beginning but after a while the mobile become slow and there was lags i tried clean up junk files and run clean mater program with no successes then i discover by change that the theme the problem after changing it the mobile become more faster and the batter last much longer.
i am using now 4.4 jelly bean and it wok perfectly
maybe some guys is charging the mobile with another charger this may destroy the mobile battery and the charging circuit.

• 2015-01-03 10:54
  • ft4B

hi

• 2015-01-02 16:22
  • KIwk

I think this phone is good.
I've use it for a year and have no errors. Just wanna ask about touch focus camera. It doesn't focus when i touch it. I've tried many camera app and doesn't fix it

• 2014-12-28 14:37
  • tDDb

> In reply to vengat krishna @ 2014-12-15 10:25 from XuZU - click to readI had the same problem with my Xperia Pro (others also on Mini Pro, Arc, etc.) but with removable battery it's easy to solve this problem. I took out the battery, pressed power button for 30sec/1min, put it back and phone has started charging. Second time I done the same procedure and charged battery on universal charger, but I doubt it's feasible to do with integrated battery.

• 2014-12-28 11:44
  • SggF
Total of 3204 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia ZL.