Sony Xperia ZL - user opinions and reviews

Sony

8.1

Now i m facing a problem in sony zl, i can't hear the voice who call me,,and problem also in mic,,,,,,,,,,,i need to call very loud in mic then other person hear my voice

• 2015-06-29 19:12
  • 7tDB

I can see several post by SONY . are they official and genuine?. coz sony normally does not posts their plans on public forum

• 2015-06-28 09:28
  • DQm8

Garbage,run away from sony phones.I am so disappointed,always in protective case with screenprotector on,but still garbage,started to restart itself,no network properly...

• 2015-06-28 04:40
  • YcBh

> In reply to SONY @ 2015-06-19 08:11 from DQm8 - click to readI have bought xperia zL with a lot of hopes but Sony ruined it... My money has gone to hell. What's the issue? Why it is switching off?? I'm really very disappointed with Sony ..I'll never buy Sony again and I'll recommend all my friends and there friends too not to buy any mobile of Sony.

• 2015-06-27 05:12
  • 7jV3

I'm using this mobile since 2yrs, no issues till kitkat. After lollipop update i get black screen whenever i strt playing any game,i dnt knw why its happening! Is this happening for myself alone or any of you have this issue..

• 2015-06-26 01:10
  • XuZA

the low volume issue is irritating me. Lost my patience and went back to 4.4.4

• 2015-06-25 22:22
  • Mf5A

> In reply to richarmony @ 2015-06-24 20:37 from LuAk - click to readI had the same problem. Most of ZL users actually are facing this problem. What happening is that when a phone updates it uses a lot of RAM and battery. After two years a battery wears out a lot. Sudden discharging of the battery made it to heat up and thus the battery went dead. I changed the battery. No, didn't do it myself. But now it's working just fine. Hope your beloved ZL will come back to life as well. Ciao.

• 2015-06-25 19:15
  • XQrp

From Mexico...I've had this baby since May 2013 and is still super cool, but now my battery runs out at midday (normal after 2 years of usage). After I updated to Lollipop 5.0 It has the "sudden death" problem that boots normally at 10% or lower battey.
The same here, it is "not possible" to change the battery on a Sony Center but after watching videos on youtube and searching amazon, it is possible to buy a new battery (from china) and DIY to replace the battery.

Anyone has replaced the battery? Did it work?

• 2015-06-24 20:37
  • LuAk

> In reply to Aditya @ 2015-06-17 19:45 from XuTd - click to readYes, It is correct. My phone also happen like this after updating to Android 5.0.1 ...This is purely update software is disturbed the hardware function and battery function....Sony has to answer...

• 2015-06-24 13:57
  • KAGV

Hi, last 1.5 year i am using Sony xperia XL - It is very good set.last they send the update Android 5.0.1 and i installed and find nice for 2 to 3 days and after suddenly restarting display shown "Sony Xperia " than off and restart... Now i have hand over the set to sony service - they as Rs 9000/- and i have writen mail to Sony service head ...Already this set is replaced due to mic problem and again this new problem raised in all ZL ...So sony has to give replacement for good set ..I AM WAITING ...

• 2015-06-24 13:50
  • KAGV

> In reply to Suhanoo @ 2015-06-21 00:16 from XQrp - click to readHave you replaced your battery yet? I visited the service center of Sony and they told me that SONY XPERIA ZL is a non repairable handset. That means I've to replace my phone at Sony center for Rs.22,000 for a new battery or any other repair. Never going to buy Sony Again!

• 2015-06-24 08:49
  • vGfx

> In reply to indo @ 2015-06-15 02:40 from PA7B - click to readYes, the sound is too low now. Earliest it used to be amazing

• 2015-06-23 02:48
  • vGfx

> In reply to SONY @ 2015-06-19 08:11 from DQm8 - click to readSony, first thanks for providing the Lollipop update for ZL.
I love the update, however, I would like report some major issues:

1. Speaker volume is now too low (this needs fix ASAP).

2. Led notification light is not working with Gallery app. Earlier it used to change colors according to the color of the image. This was a nice and unique feature of this phone and now it's gone, please bring it back.

3. Earlier, when we long press an app in task-switching menu, we used to get "App Info" button , through which we can directly go the settings of that app. Now it doesn't work. I'm not sure that this feature is missing in Official Lollipop or not. If possible please bring back this feature.

Those were the only major issue I had with lollipop.

Battery backup, call performance, camera image quality remained same.

What I loved about the new update:

1. My phone is super smooth again. So fluid. Amazing.
2. Material design looks awesome. Task switcher, notification panel everything is looking nice.
3. Inbuilt torch option
4. Guest mode is nice too, even though it uses up some extra storage

• 2015-06-23 02:41
  • vGfx

Dear Parvin, Aditya & Eli, all of you have the same problem & that is caused by the battery. Believe me, other hardwares of your phones are perfectly okay. Parvin, don't swap your phone. Everyone, pls change your battery through a good service center. I'm in love with ZL & the Lollipop update. After changing the battery I'm perfectly satisfied.
Ciao...

• 2015-06-21 00:16
  • XQrp

Hi Praveen, Open your phone cover for Sim. There you will see a small metallic point. Press it for 3 sec. your phone should restart

• 2015-06-20 18:00
  • tU3v

> In reply to ely @ 2015-06-19 09:11 from DQn2 - click to readI have the same proplem ...how can i fix it ..i can't use my phone anymore

• 2015-06-19 15:48
  • NqX5

i got the same problem with my xperia zl, when i install the lollipop after a day using it my xperia phone shutdown automatically even though the battery is not yet empty and i need to connect my charger to open it and when i remove the charger it will turn shutdown again...

• 2015-06-19 09:11
  • DQn2

Dear customers, thank you for your feedback. We will try to fix majority of the issues in our next update for Sony Xperia ZL. Now that the device has been switched to Lollipop platform it will be much more easier for us to fix bugs and upgrade the performance of the phone. Thank you for your patience.

• 2015-06-19 08:11
  • DQm8
  • F

> In reply to praveen @ 2015-06-15 14:32 from u7Ey - click to readHi praveen, Even I have started facing same problem as yours after the lollipop update. Phone shuts down automatically.
Phone gets heated upto 53 Degrees, Battery showing 10% then suddenly Jumps to 80 %. Phone getting Restart again and again. Speaker Quality has detoriated. Jellybean and Kitkat were the best OS for our ZL.. Have to use my cellphone with Charger On.. Without charging it's getting Hanged..

• 2015-06-17 19:45
  • XuTd

This is an awesome phone. But seems it has got issues with battery. I used the phone more than 1.5 yrs and now it started acting weird. Issues with battery after connecting the power bank. Now after the latest update 5.0 the phone turned off and not powering on. Service Centre told this phone is discontinued and they won't service. But they can give offer for another Sony Xperia Phone where I will have to give this phone and pay extra....

So disappointing..

• 2015-06-17 19:40
  • b%L6
Total of 3299 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia ZL.