Sony Xperia ZL - user opinions and reviews

Sony

8.1

Dear Parvin, Aditya & Eli, all of you have the same problem & that is caused by the battery. Believe me, other hardwares of your phones are perfectly okay. Parvin, don't swap your phone. Everyone, pls change your battery through a good service center. I'm in love with ZL & the Lollipop update. After changing the battery I'm perfectly satisfied.
Ciao...

• 2015-06-21 00:16
  • XQrp

Hi Praveen, Open your phone cover for Sim. There you will see a small metallic point. Press it for 3 sec. your phone should restart

• 2015-06-20 18:00
  • tU3v

> In reply to ely @ 2015-06-19 09:11 from DQn2 - click to readI have the same proplem ...how can i fix it ..i can't use my phone anymore

• 2015-06-19 15:48
  • NqX5

i got the same problem with my xperia zl, when i install the lollipop after a day using it my xperia phone shutdown automatically even though the battery is not yet empty and i need to connect my charger to open it and when i remove the charger it will turn shutdown again...

• 2015-06-19 09:11
  • DQn2

Dear customers, thank you for your feedback. We will try to fix majority of the issues in our next update for Sony Xperia ZL. Now that the device has been switched to Lollipop platform it will be much more easier for us to fix bugs and upgrade the performance of the phone. Thank you for your patience.

• 2015-06-19 08:11
  • DQm8
  • F

> In reply to praveen @ 2015-06-15 14:32 from u7Ey - click to readHi praveen, Even I have started facing same problem as yours after the lollipop update. Phone shuts down automatically.
Phone gets heated upto 53 Degrees, Battery showing 10% then suddenly Jumps to 80 %. Phone getting Restart again and again. Speaker Quality has detoriated. Jellybean and Kitkat were the best OS for our ZL.. Have to use my cellphone with Charger On.. Without charging it's getting Hanged..

• 2015-06-17 19:45
  • XuTd

This is an awesome phone. But seems it has got issues with battery. I used the phone more than 1.5 yrs and now it started acting weird. Issues with battery after connecting the power bank. Now after the latest update 5.0 the phone turned off and not powering on. Service Centre told this phone is discontinued and they won't service. But they can give offer for another Sony Xperia Phone where I will have to give this phone and pay extra....

So disappointing..

• 2015-06-17 19:40
  • b%L6

hi.i was using sony xperia ZL from last 1.5 years and it was working fine.last week i updated it to lollypop through pc companion,and to my biggest of horrors,the phone stopped working.I went to sony service centre,they said they cannot repair it,they can only swap it with another refurbished ZL model after charging me 10,000 rupees.Phone doesn't get on,doesn't charge also.Whenever i try to switch it on,it just tries to start but cant.Now its just like a dead body.I will have to buy a new phone now,without a fault of mine.Horrible service support by sony.Will never buy sony again.

• 2015-06-15 14:32
  • u7Ey

hi.i was using sony xperia ZL from last

• 2015-06-15 14:24
  • u7Ey

Why my fone after upgrade kitkat 4.4.4 selfie camera blur why?

• 2015-06-15 12:34
  • t0pD

> In reply to SONY @ 2015-06-08 06:12 from DQn2 - click to readSONY please increase sound level as xperia mostly sold in south east asia and noise level is so high in this kind of country, so, we mostly miss called from others (outdoors) because xperia volume is too soft. this is already mentioned alot of times from gsmarena team. thanks

• 2015-06-15 02:40
  • PA7B

> In reply to bhanu94 @ 2015-06-05 14:04 from uunL - click to readWe don't have Sony dealers in our country. The Sony phones we buy here are brought by electronic shops (phone shops). So I really don't know whether or how much Sony actually supports ZL. But in our country we get the spare parts easily, from the same shops who sell phones. I went to one such shop from where I bought my ZL & asked them to replace the battery. It cost me 2,500 BDT (around 32 USD) to replace it. You may try local shops for the battery.
Ciao...

• 2015-06-12 06:55
  • XQrm

I like the upgrade. It's good. The messaging app, smoothness and many more. The only problem I notice is the charging when my phone is on is different from previous Android version. It is heating so fast. And it was so long to full charge the batt. Then also, my phone is blacking out when I play games. Before, it's not happening. Please fix this. Thank you. I love sony so please, don't dissapoint me.

• 2015-06-11 18:32
  • t7Xh

After a week from updating my mobile to lollipop the battery performance is very weird it consumed very rapidly and the phone is over heated I really loke the new UI but the battery performance is horrible!!!

• 2015-06-10 22:05
  • fsfh

My sony xperia ZL phone problem to mic how Slove and when using the Wi Fi a lot of heat phone how Slove please help me

• 2015-06-10 19:34
  • u7G0

After upgrade to 5.0.2, I saw a curious (and bad) thing: why does Sony removed the xLoud? Because of this, the speaker was very very low

• 2015-06-10 19:19
  • Mf5A

Hi, i have been using this phone for nearly 2 years now. I have recently upgraded my OS To Lollipop and i am really disappointed with the performance of the phone.

The update has definitely improved the UI but when i look at the performance, there is lot to work on. As a usual problem, the battery life has degraded drastically. Apart from this, we now have issues with the speakers as well. The volume of the speakers is barely audible. At times you can experience a lag in the phone response. Google services eating up the entire performance is another task that needs to be taken care of.

I am expecting a quick fix for these issues Since it is really hard to bear a phone with low performance and low Battery life.

• 2015-06-09 11:19
  • F%QJ

Got lollipop update for my Sony Xperia ZL 3 days back.
Did a factory reset after updating it to lollipop.

User interface is very smooth and the added option to move apps to SD card which i have been waiting for pleased me.Nice drop down menu with lots of functions,Guest mode.Overall the update is very good. Thank you Sony for that.

Only problem is battery takes a lot of time to charge and battery reaches a temperature above 53 degrees centigrade while charging and for your kind information batteries reaching that temperatures would blast at any time.

I use the GSAM battery monitior app to monitor my batteries temperature and when i was using previous versions of andriod my batteries temperature never crossed 44 degrees.
Its been one and half year that i bought my phone and i never faced this kind of battery heating problem. Its a clear indication that the heating is caused by the lollipop update.

Only solution i found out was to switch off my phone and charge it.Then the charging takes place normally and the battery dosent get overheated and takes not more than an hour to charge.
But i cant switch off my phone everytime to charge because i would miss important calls and messages.

I request sony to quickly rectify this problem of overheating battery during charge and the time it is taking to charge and also to rectify the problems faced by other users.

I said quickly because issues regarding battery and especially overheating should not be delayed.
Waiting for an update on this soon...

The rest of the update is absolutely fine. Thank you sony.

• 2015-06-09 10:58
  • PAYw

Dear customers, Thank you for your feedback. We will try our best to enhance customer experience by providing more aftersales support. We will soon roll out the next update for Xperia ZL. Thank you for your patience.

• 2015-06-08 06:12
  • DQn2

after installing the lollipop the sound on the music application has become very crystal clear and it has new
headphone option that transform the sound very dramatically
it really like the new update very smooth and fast, thank you Sony for your long support.

• 2015-06-07 16:59
  • fkdK
Total of 3306 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia ZL.