Rosh, 11 Apr 2014Hi Friends,
I am planning to buy this phone, had comparison with S3, Nexus 4, Windows 720,S... moreMy phone under normal usage i.e. No games and only calling, Internet and messaging, it lasts for 2 days
And in Android 4.1 there was this heating problem but after updating to 4.2 and now 4.3, the heating problem is gone provided the environment is not hot. If u play some heavy games like asphalt 8 under the sun at noon (here in southern India it's nearly 38 degrees), your phone'll overheat.
Should i buy this one or Z as in my country the price of z has gone down.
Guys the gadget is wonderful it gives maximum utility of the money, its worth the amount. If u have not got one do it before its to late.
I am planning to buy this phone, had comparison with S3, Nexus 4, Windows 720,S duos and so etc and found this one is good based on the price, and specs as I want to migrate to Android phone:
From reviews what I found was as below:
Less battery backup(1.5 days) for normal use(I think that is what we get from Smart phones nowadays).
Phone heats up quickly while using Games and 3G.
Camera average with bad low light images.
Bluetooth issue, heard it is not working after few days.
Front cam is poor as it is just VGA.
Good touch sensitivity.
Multitasking is superb.
Good Outdoor images and Videos.
Better display and playing HD videos
Requesting users inputs on the above. Please let me know if the Cons that I mentioned are correct.If any users can give a detailed review,that will be much appreciable.
Thanks in advance.
Well i find it to be extremely good for my needs and with a good price but i am still afraid since my country mostly get the ones with errors ... anyway thank you so much and i really can't stop thinking about what mobile to get
If really want to buy this phones, make sure you do some basic tests first.
I did not have any kind of problems with the wireless devices (WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC and 3G) nor with the camera, BUT I did have a serious problems with the secondary mic -the one the video camera uses-, because the sound got awful after the first 2 second of video recording. I had a lot of problems trying to solve that issues with the dealer. The ZR is not bad, but you won't find as many tweaks, ROMS and other stuff as for other 2013 Xperia models.
As for the hardware, my recommendation would be to test absolutely everyting before you buy it.
What bluetooth problem i see many speak about it and i don't kow what it is And thank you for replying
Anonymous, 09 Apr 2014Is this phone durable ? cause i really want a durable phone with good speakers and i really li... moreSpeakers of ZR are good but not the best. And the volume of it is quite low.
Durability of the phone, from my experience, it's awesome. I dropped it so many times and nothing happened though few people are complaining about the Bluetooth problem in it.
Is this phone durable ? cause i really want a durable phone with good speakers and i really like this phone but i am confused between s3 and this so please help me
Victor01, 09 Apr 2014When is the Kitkat update coming to ZR, bdw? Can anyone say about this?zr will receive kitkat by the end of April or may as per sony's schedule
(read below the changelog)
HVS, 09 Apr 2014From a sony hater who migrated from samsung to sony, its AWESOME... I have used Samsung Galax... moreUnfortunately, the device doesn't use gorilla glass and whats worst is, the Xperia Z series have a design flaw which is a self cracking screen. There are comments also I read here that mid-range Sony devices suffer from touch response problem.
When is the Kitkat update coming to ZR, bdw? Can anyone say about this?
HVS, 09 Apr 2014From a sony hater who migrated from samsung to sony, its AWESOME... I have used Samsung Galax... moreWonderful experience...... Good am vijay using Xperia Zr....my best phone ever and I play asphalt 8 continuesly no problem am in season 4 .... When will get kitkat update dude......give reply bye
ars, 08 Apr 2014Hi Frds i want to purchase th sony ZR, how is it , pls tell whether it is found ok or badFrom a sony hater who migrated from samsung to sony, its AWESOME...
I have used Samsung Galaxy S, S Duos and S advance...and my friends have Grand Duos, S3 and Nexus...So I have a fair idea about all these models as well...
I have been using this phone for almost 3 weeks...and now I feel I am in a good stage to give a comprehensive review of this phone and help others who are contemplating of buying this phone...
This phone is AWESOME with its fair share of cons...and the thing which surprised me most was - people who have not used the phone are talking about the cons of this beauty...
So let me do one thing and start with the cons and point out what is misconception and what con you might actually feel -:
1) Front camera is VGA - seriously front cam is used for video calling and no video calling app supports HD quality...so its camera is gud enuf to make video calls and that won't be a big problem..also it works pretty good for face detection..
2) Call volume is low - This con posted by some users of this phone really surprised me...as either they are using the smartphone for the first time or they are pretty DUMB...Actually sony has provided an equalizer setting within call setting and if you do not feel the voice is loud enuf then change it to "bright' mode and call volume will increase and everything will be crystal clear...
3) Camera quality is not as per expected by 13 MP - If you leave the setting in default (superior) mode you may get average indoor pics but outdoor pics are awesome...you will have to flirt with the camera settings to get good indoor and low light pics...I did it and am pretty satisfied...and its far better than Nexus...
4) Heating problem - If you play heavy games and do multi-tasking then any android phone will heat up...I personally checked and it heats pretty less in comparison to Galaxy S3/ Nexus 4/ Xperia Z...and you guys know that its water proof so when its over-heated put it inside water for sometime and you would be good to go again...
5) Internal memory - hmmm...being an avid game player and a techie I felt that this is a little con of this device...you wud get only 4.5 GB available...but you have the option to have external micro sd card and after that 4.5 GB is enuf for android apps or even big games...and you can root the device and change settings so that the apps will install on memory card..
6) Its not water proof - literally I was completely shocked to see this con...well guys let me tell you when I received the phone , the first thing I did was to start it and then put it in the water and check...and me & my friends were shocked to see that its really water-proof...BUT sony says that its flaps (audio and usb) should be closed properly and the back cover also fitted properly then only it will work in water and sony do not give LIQUID-WARRANTY...so do use the phone in water but be very careful...
I think that's all the cons I came up with and hope I cleared some confusions here...
So let me not go into specs but give you perfect idea what are the practical pros of this beauty..
1) Battery Life - its far better than Xperia Z, Galaxy S3 and Nexus 4...easily lasts a day and more with the normal usage of gaming, surfing, whatsapping and calling...
2) 2GB RAM - that's one of the best thing about this android phone...anytime you will check, you will find more than 800-900 MB RAM is free...that leads to multitasking and not worrying to kill any app to launch another app...I have played lot of heavy games and it works like breeze....
3) Processor - well you are getting the hardware of Xperia Z in this phone...so you should know that this phone works like charm...it has lot of power and you would love it...no hang or lags....
4) Display - its better than Super Amoled display of S3 as its very natural and rich in colour depth...and it doesn't hurt your eyes even after watching it for 4-5 hours continuously which is the case with super amoled...and full marks to Bravia Engine 2 as it really enhances the picture and video quality...you would find videos or picture quality better on this phone than you laptop!!!!!!!
5) Build quality - though back cover is of plastic but it doesn't feel cheap as of samsung phones....its sturdy and feels pretty good in hand...and so you do not have put it inside any other non-sense cover to protect it...But anyways I would suggest to use a Screen Guard for extra protection...even though it has gorilla glass and the Best Part - shatter-proof film...
6) Music quality is far better than samsung or nexus phones...and you get a sony headset which does not feel premium but still its a lot better than samsung...
And seriously it looks pretty good...and thanks to sony that they did not put glass layer at the back as in xperia z otherwise a back cover would have become a necessity...
So overall its a very good phone...its kind of futuristic phone and you would not regret it for another 5 years or so....So if you are dangling between S3 , nexus and ZR then go for ZR....
ars, 08 Apr 2014Hi Frds i want to purchase th sony ZR, how is it , pls tell whether it is found ok or badawsome
Hi Frds i want to purchase th sony ZR, how is it , pls tell whether it is found ok or bad
Mr. anonymous, 07 Apr 2014I'm experiencing the problem in 'album' app only. Others all its fine(mx player, movies...)Same here..that happens only when I open through album..not movies..anyways thanks
Anonymous, 05 Apr 2014oh thanks a lot for clearing out..I thought there's something wrong with my device. so you too... moreI'm experiencing the problem in 'album' app only. Others all its fine(mx player, movies...)
Anonymous, 06 Apr 2014Guys pls tell should i update my zr to 4.3 ? heard it got lots of bugs as compared to 4.1.2..helpI updated my phone and its kinda better for me.
Smoother, social camera, transparent status bar and navigation bar in Sony multimedia apps and moreover benchmarks in Android 4.2 antutu I get around 20600 but in 4.3 I'm getting around 22100 and no overheating. Even quadrant in 4.2 I get around 7900 but now around 9100