One of the best phones I have ever come across... Everything is upto the mark... :)
Great phone for me... Works perfectly, no probles at all...Thanku SONY
I'm just wondering whether Samsung galaxy s3 is better or sony xperia zr ?
I'm a zr user from malaysia.
Been using it for 3 weeks, very happy. No prblm whatsoever. Bluetooth n wifi ok. Hv tested the waterproof features - works great too.
Was a nokia n8 user for years, then migrate to android few mths back. Bought an s4 i9500 after lots of recommendation fr frenz, even tho I personally prefer the zr. Later regret my decision.
Good about zr/sony vs. s4/samsung (from my pov):
- Better weight/size for single-hand use.
- I like the stock keyboard (one hand mode). In s4, I need to install go-keyboard (which will consume more ram)
- usage of ram is much better, most of the time around 40-50%. Resulting in better performance. S4 is around 65%.
- dedicated camera button. Very important to me. Able to activate camera at anytime, easier to focus, esp at close range.
- Water/dust proof
- Since performance is oredi good & less bloatware running at startup, I hv no reason to root the phone - preserving my phone's warranty. i rooted my s4 following a guide in internet, then the s4's warranty status changed to 1 (void). This is irreversible. Even I wipe the phone's memory & flash ori samsung rom, the flag wont change.
- zr is cheaper ;-)
- cant move apps to sd. Sony disable this permanently. Not really a prblm to me.
- No futuristic gesture features (not sure this is bad or good - never need them anyway)
- S4 camera result is better than zr, but not much. Still cant compete with my old n8 :-P
ZR user, 11 Nov 2013WIFI CONNECTION DID NOT WORK WELL.
After 3 days having ZR, wi-fi connection suddenly off.
on... moreI have an xperia l anf this used to happen to me too.
Then i realised that the password was wrong or the connection type (b/g/bg mixed) was not correct
So check and confirm
is there any updated comments here about v4.4 kitkat? is it good or many bugs? thanks
woohoo, 02 Dec 2013Is there any issues if upgrade to jellybean 4.2.2??Nope
ZR model is good, except internal memory. When it's full hard to transfer to external memory. I've tried to send apps and photos to external, it says error or check your memory sd card, it sucks. Is there any solutions guys?
Konstantin Ivanov, 01 Dec 2013 - For the low coverrage - don't restart the phone,just turn Airplane ON and than switch it OF... morei do try to turn on airplane mode, but it still stuck at no service, my iphone sometimes do that, i think this a glitch on the os. i dont know why this happening, as ios user and android user i confused with this kind of glitch. zr boot time is fast, so doesnt matter to me to reboot it sometimes, thanks for your comment sir. i didn't root my phone, since i already rooted my tablet.
hi ZR all...when i read all opinion and comment, a alot of problem come from Asia especially India..how about another state/region? i'm scar when read error and faulty with ZR...so, i'm waiting z1f :)
NinoZ, 01 Dec 2013im using this phone for about 2 month as my daily phone,never experiencing an error, except in... more - For the low coverrage - don't restart the phone,just turn Airplane ON and than switch it OFF and it will be fine for less than 5 secs.
- For the Speakerphone..what do you xpect man its so..big..u can buy accesories for better sound.
- For the battery - its the best bat.endurance phone out there since we have a 4.55 inch screen.
Its lasting me a day and a half with mod.usage.
- Camera - is good in daylight,and yes in low light its kinda sucky,but - when is dark try to use it on Normal mode - fill flash / focus - multi focus / no HDR / brightness to 1.0.Play with the options and try the best one for you.
- Videos - you can simply dellete them and free up more space if you need + if you root ur phone there are far more options to power up the ZR (:
Hope i helped. (5 months of usage)
im using this phone for about 2 month as my daily phone,never experiencing an error, except in low signal coverage, it turn no service and never search for signal again, so must be restarted to fix this problem.
for bluetooth, nfc, wifi, etc. never experiencing an error, it just work fine.
speakerphone have no bass at all, it just crisp.
battery seems ok for a moderate usage, it can last about 12 hours+
camera in good lighting condition works fine, in low light there noise everywhere, kinda dissapointed, my iphone 4s do better performance in low light noise reduction
sony do put demo video in 5 languages in internal memory, do remove it to your externa memorycard for extraspace.
based on my experience.
RAFI THE BOSS, 30 Nov 2013I am having difficulties with bluetooh as it is not working. Bad experience form xperia ZRya same here despite getting phone replaced..bluetooth is stil not working on the new phone also from day 1 itself..tired from sony service..
parminder, 29 Nov 2013iam a software proffesional.dear brothers according to my expierence sony xperia zr is best ph... moreCan you tell me the best camera setting for day and low light?.thanks.and also my WiFi fluctuates too much,even it is at distance of 1 meter from router.
Deathdra, 30 Nov 2013Hi ZR users Was planing to get this phone just wanna ask? I cant upgrade yet to a LTE sim ... moreThis is nothing to do with the phone bro.It supports LTE.The important thing here is if ur carrier have the 4g enabled.You need to ask them for your sim.