Sony Xperia ZR - user opinions and reviews

Sony

8.1
8.1
8.2

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-04-02 00:05 from m}UF - click to readGot it already :)

• 2014-04-02 07:02
  • X}bF

> In reply to HVS @ 2014-04-01 12:43 from S35r - click to readThank You dude

• 2014-04-02 06:34
  • 9DHe

> In reply to HVS @ 2014-03-24 10:04 from S35r - click to readJust go for it! I'm using it for about half year,never had an issue with it! It has been following me even in the open sea for the ultimate underwater test!!

• 2014-04-02 00:05
  • m}UF

> In reply to Amit @ 2014-04-01 17:41 from F%Qx - click to readNo it isn't discontinued yet. I'm too from Pune and getting it for 24k in my area. I stay in Pimpri and there are a lot of stores offering this phone for 24k to 25k.

• 2014-04-01 19:47

Hi All,
I am planning to buy a new mobile and my budget is 25k max (Pune). This model is on my top list, but my worry is that many of the showrooms here tell me that this phone is out of stock and might be discontinued by Sony. Online price has also gone up for this model.
Does any one have more idea about this? Should i buy this mobile or wait for Sony to launch something new?
I don't want to but mobile with large screen thats my main concern.
Please advise.

• 2014-04-01 17:41
  • F%Qx

> In reply to Dharev @ 2014-04-01 11:33 from 9DHe - click to readThanks, JRC.

Yes Dharev this is the code.

dial *#*#7378423#*#*

Test all sensors. THis way you'll be sure that the phone you're getting has no issues at all.

And you can then use it. I wish I could get some reliable deal :) I hope you're getting the bill with it as well.

• 2014-04-01 12:43
  • S35r

The secret code is no secret. *#*#SERVICE#*#* It's the service test. Dealers tell this to you to make sure the unit you buy is not defective through testing every feature.By the way, the latest firmware rolled out thru PC Companion in the Philippines. Already updated mine.

• 2014-04-01 12:18
  • K7ev

> In reply to Dharev @ 2014-04-01 11:33 from 9DHe - click to readIn your phone dialer, dial *#*#7378423#*#*

• 2014-04-01 11:39
  • Kg{n

> In reply to HVS @ 2014-04-01 10:54 from S35r - click to readWhat is meant by secret code? Could you please elaborate that

• 2014-04-01 11:33
  • 9DHe

> In reply to HVS @ 2014-04-01 09:11 from S35r - click to readThanks for elaborating. And btw I too hate big screen esp 5 inch or more. I'm gonna use this phone for almost everything. And I think you might be getting low battery performance cuz it's new..anyways it would be much better I guess compared to s2 and low receiver volume can be fine with me as I'm not much into calls. So I think I'll getting this within 2-3 days then. keep commenting about it if you face any lag or any other issue..and probably it's solution too..I'll keep checking often. Thanks again mate.

• 2014-04-01 11:06
  • veFI

> In reply to [deleted post]Assuming the phone doesn't have any issues. I would say that would be a steal (great deal).

However, I would also recommend you to check all the sensors of the phone first. I know it's your neighbour I should not judge. but just to make sure that you're 20k doesn't go in waste and make it make you feel that you don't want to change the phone for next 2 years :)

You can find the code, just google 'Secret code to test sensors'.

I you feel you need to ask something else, just reply here :)

• 2014-04-01 10:54
  • S35r

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-03-31 17:59 from veFI - click to readThe only problem that you might face after getting this mobile is battery issue.

There's no other problem.

Now if you're worried about having problem with 4.3 JB Update. SIMPLE answer don't do it. I took a risk that's it. :) and I'm doing fine as of now and believe my i use my phone a lot.

Keep it on 4.1 JB it's great as well. Wait till you get 4.4 Kitkat then just upgrade it.

It will keep your mobile safe as well.

You can try a bunch of applications.

One i'd suggest it LUXlite. it's a automatic brightness controller. It sometimes goes into minus for brightenss like in full dark areas where a light would work for your phone.

Secondly, Battery is gonna drain you can't stop it. Although in this price range with such a screen this one is great. I wanted a less than 5 inch screen. I don't like big phones coming out of my pocket.

Also it feels awkwark to handle a phone with two hands, unless you have one big hand. I'm a normal guy so i chose a phone with 4.6 inch screen n m proud of my choice.

About camera it's great. as it has bravia Engine 2. But just to let you aware pics in the phone and laptop would appear differently. in phone it looks great in laptop or other devices again it's dependent on hardware.

Now I've had a look at Xperia C front camera. it's way bad. I find this one pretty decent. It works perfectly.

To use camera you can go for superior mode or just normal i'd suggest normal.

One more important thing, it's speaker (receiver specially) is a big disappointment (every Xperia has same issues) but using earphone(handsfree) works for me. I prefer it (m kinda deaf as well lol )

In short chosing this phone you won't regret. IT's just I've found solution to every problem.

You can ask direct questions like what you are looking forward to see in this phone, I'll tell you what my experience is and I believe by the end of this day you'll get this phone :) and will enjoy it as well.

• 2014-04-01 09:11
  • S35r

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-03-31 17:59 from veFI - click to readJust go to YouTube and type Xperia ZR reviews... You'll find...

• 2014-04-01 04:34
  • U{wU

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-03-31 09:53 from Xu5e - click to readSince it's LTE it takes like about 30 mins to download a 1gb movie. I can download around 10 movies without having my battery drain and i still have like 15% battery. Well using cellular data while downloading and surfing the web at the same time eats a lot of battery. Its normal because this is a high powered quadcore phone so its normal..

• 2014-04-01 03:56
  • v0qJ

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-03-31 17:59 from veFI - click to readDon't worry there's solution to problem any if you face.. you can go for this phone. I'm planning to keep this phone for next 2-3 years :)

• 2014-03-31 21:02
  • X}T8

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-03-29 19:18 from veFI - click to readi dont know what people are experiencing but i had ZR on January 1 2014 and up till now there has been no issue with it. the bluetooth works excellently likewise the wifi. mine is c5502 and runs jb 4.3. with the wifi sony implemented a feature that automatically disconnects the wifi if you dont have good wifi signals so that you can use data connection. it could be disable. i have disabled mine so the connection stays on even if the signal is not good. this phone is great but the inability to install apps on sd is the pitfall. you can root it if you like, in order to have a total control of the ZR

• 2014-03-31 21:02
  • ftKv

> In reply to HVS @ 2014-03-31 16:48 from S35r - click to readThanks of replying and yeah I read your detailed comment ofa user named KMP. And from where you're from. I'm from Pune and I'm getting this for 24k. Well, price is not of much a concern to me..the thing is I don't want to get into trouble with it later that's it..so please I'd really appreciate if you post a detailed review within 2 days again about it. Thanks again. =)

• 2014-03-31 17:59
  • veFI

I Have This phone since a week and very satisfied with it but the camera is very bad how can i make it better plz !?

• 2014-03-31 16:51
  • fpd@

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-03-31 15:18 from veFI - click to readAnd it was 5502. A 3G version.

• 2014-03-31 16:48
  • S35r

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-03-31 15:18 from veFI - click to readI use my mobile mainly on wifi. Have not had any issue with that.

Updated it to JELLY BEAN 4.3 last night.

After that I've sent 2 700 MB files via superbeam a wifi connecting application got a speed of 17 MBPS :)

Secondly, I got it of 24500 INR + Insurance of 2450 (2 years). I'm so happy with this phone I can tell you. I can't get my hands of it as of now. learning to try new things every day.

I always push my phone's to it's best potential.

If you want can search a comment of mind with 'KMP ' in it. Read it, it's full description.

• 2014-03-31 16:46
  • S35r
Total of 3044 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia ZR.