Sony Xperia ZR - user opinions and reviews

Sony

8.1
8.2
8.2

> In reply to SinthanaDevi @ 2014-04-03 15:36 from iJZa - click to readR u a fool..!! I hope you have a warranty of 1 year then why wl sny centre wl charge mny 4 it!

• 2014-04-12 19:25
  • 9F54

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-04-11 20:52 from KIw8 - click to readFrom your needs I would say don't go for the ZR. Because you need sound built quality but the ZR's speaker volume is low and full of treble, no bass.
Secondly you said you want offline maps.
In Android, to my knowledge I don't know any app with offline navigation and stuff, you could only cache certain places and even to do that your internal memory is restricted to 4.59GB.
And lumia 720 battery is quite better than Xperia ZR but even ZR lasts more than a day.
Camera Daylight yea it's a beast but at night the lumia 720 outperforms ZR.
I recommend ZR for people looking for a compact flagship grade(zero lag) experience, a beautiful, gaming(better than s4, Xperia Z as it has only HD screen and same gpu) phone and multitasking.

• 2014-04-12 17:53
  • rKHH

> In reply to HVS @ 2014-04-12 13:02 from S35r - click to readDude I'm using a Sony wireless bluetooth headset since I bought this phone and I have no issues regarding connectivity. And I remember a guy in Sony center showing me how the nfc works using my phone. He paired my phone with a portable speaker and it connected. I also seems files to my friends using bluetooth. I have no issues regarding bluetooth but yeah a few people say that they have the Bluetooth problem.

• 2014-04-12 17:45
  • rKHH

People who have so far been saying no problem with bluetooth.

I'd suggest you to use Bluetooth headset to test it.

It will connected for a moment then when you close the window. iT will disconnect.

Secondly use NFC as it also requires bluetooth for initial pairing. It will aso get disconnected.

I now believe it's bluetooth has issues.

Although not much of a use, but if I want to I can't that makes me feel bad :'(

• 2014-04-12 13:02
  • S35r

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-04-11 20:52 from KIw8 - click to readThe most important thing when switching to windows phone OS is, if all the application you need are found on WP OS then go for it. I suggest don't buy Xperia Z series, they have a design flaw which is a self cracking display, you can search it on google. Oh yeah, Lumia 925 have only 16GB non expandable memory but if you're on Vodafone you can get a 32GB variant. Hope this helps.

• 2014-04-12 10:01
  • t7R1

THIS PHONE IS AWESOME ..No lag , nice camera , waterproof , super fast , perfect size in my opinion . Its just AMAZING phone

• 2014-04-12 03:50
  • fkep

Guys those who are getting this mbl don't remove d screen protector... If u remove, Sony logo will go
I removed d screen protector nd now my mbl is without logo
Guys please suggest NY solution for dis problem please guys

• 2014-04-11 21:16
  • vG}1

Dear Xperia ZR users, I am split between Nokia 925 and Sony Xperia ZR. Please help me here. Here is what I need from my phone. A decent battery life >no multiple charges in 24 hrs. Sound build quality> Should not fall apart easily (sh*t happens!). Navigation and offline maps are important to me> phone likely to be used in Africa, South west asia (I think HERE maps are not very detailed there). Good reception especially 3/3.5/4G> It will be my connection to world as I expect to roam in poor coverage areas with no broadband connection. Video/ Skype calls over 3+ G networks. No surprises when you end up in new country>e.g. network connections, software/ map licenses etc. Casual e-mails, gaming (not a hardcore gamer), a reasonable camera, and social networking> I am not a FB etc fanatic but occasional connectivity is required. Some degree of security of personal information (I know it may not be entirely possible). Office/ business apps for productivity etc preferably free.

I have got my hands on Androids but never on WP. Replies from L925 and XP ZR owners are much appreciated and thanked in advance.

• 2014-04-11 20:52
  • KIw8

hi friends
im from chennai
i just wanted to buy this phone should i go for it or not , im usin lumia 720 planning for ma next mobile i feel good with specifications plz suggest it priced 26990

• 2014-04-11 18:33
  • XN}p

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-04-11 17:19 from rtAY - click to readUsing it since 2 weeks now.. no issues with me so far !

• 2014-04-11 17:54
  • veFI

what is the bluetooth and wifi problem ? can some one tell?

• 2014-04-11 17:19
  • rtAY

> In reply to Sam @ 2014-04-11 12:26 from U@9M - click to readFrnd, i suggest u go with xperia zr as i m using it, except heating problem, its a mind blowing phone.

• 2014-04-11 16:41
  • YQ@c

> In reply to HVS @ 2014-04-09 08:18 from S35r - click to readAfter reading all d above reviews.. I am pretty sure m buyin dis phone. Buyin it next week :D cnt wait toooo excited :D

Thnku all fr d awesome reviews!

• 2014-04-11 15:15
  • vbNj

> In reply to Rosh @ 2014-04-11 00:35 from uwmh - click to readMy phone under normal usage i.e. No games and only calling, Internet and messaging, it lasts for 2 days
And in Android 4.1 there was this heating problem but after updating to 4.2 and now 4.3, the heating problem is gone provided the environment is not hot. If u play some heavy games like asphalt 8 under the sun at noon (here in southern India it's nearly 38 degrees), your phone'll overheat.

• 2014-04-11 13:03
  • bChW

Should i buy this one or Z as in my country the price of z has gone down.

• 2014-04-11 12:26
  • U@9M

Guys the gadget is wonderful it gives maximum utility of the money, its worth the amount. If u have not got one do it before its to late.

• 2014-04-11 12:07
  • NHsg

Hi Friends,

I am planning to buy this phone, had comparison with S3, Nexus 4, Windows 720,S duos and so etc and found this one is good based on the price, and specs as I want to migrate to Android phone:

From reviews what I found was as below:

Cons:
Less battery backup(1.5 days) for normal use(I think that is what we get from Smart phones nowadays).

Phone heats up quickly while using Games and 3G.

Camera average with bad low light images.

Bluetooth issue, heard it is not working after few days.
Front cam is poor as it is just VGA.

Cons:
Faster phone
Good touch sensitivity.
Multitasking is superb.
Good Outdoor images and Videos.
Better display and playing HD videos

Requesting users inputs on the above. Please let me know if the Cons that I mentioned are correct.If any users can give a detailed review,that will be much appreciable.

Thanks in advance.

• 2014-04-11 00:35
  • uwmh

Well i find it to be extremely good for my needs and with a good price but i am still afraid since my country mostly get the ones with errors ... anyway thank you so much and i really can't stop thinking about what mobile to get

• 2014-04-10 20:09
  • rtAY

If really want to buy this phones, make sure you do some basic tests first.
I did not have any kind of problems with the wireless devices (WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC and 3G) nor with the camera, BUT I did have a serious problems with the secondary mic -the one the video camera uses-, because the sound got awful after the first 2 second of video recording. I had a lot of problems trying to solve that issues with the dealer. The ZR is not bad, but you won't find as many tweaks, ROMS and other stuff as for other 2013 Xperia models.
As for the hardware, my recommendation would be to test absolutely everyting before you buy it.

• 2014-04-10 18:09
  • PYCx
Total of 4539 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia ZR.