Sony Xperia ZR - user opinions and reviews

13%

8.1
8.2
8.2

hey, how to make a video call from zr?? I tried to find it out but I could not find it. in other android mobile the option is available in phonebook, I can directly make a video call from mobile, but in zr, there are no option for that. please help me out bro

• 2014-03-13 04:00
  • rx7b

> In reply to Andok @ 2014-03-12 10:49 from K7gS - click to readThe screen/glass of Sony Xperia are ok and looks durable, its the touch screen mechanism that makes it awful. Atleast in my own experience. Just sharing though,

• 2014-03-13 03:35
  • v0qJ

> In reply to Andok @ 2014-03-12 10:49 from K7gS - click to readHi sir, please verify again with your dealer or sony stores. The warranty does not include the damage or malfunction of the touchscreen assembly. I have verified this with their manager in alabang.
The thing is they would create an impression of the full warranty of this upon demo and before purchases. They have disclaimer on this situations.
Pls do let us know if someone here had successfully claimed warranty on touch screen with sony stores or distributor shops here in manila.

• 2014-03-13 03:31
  • v0qJ

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-03-11 20:59 from 6kgv - click to readBy the way, im not using any other usb cable other than the one included in the box. And i only used it for charging the unit, no sync with laptops.
Memo Express/Sony xperia stores technicians told me that the repair of the touch screen assembly will cost me around 8000 to 9000 philippine pesos. Half of the cost of my unit.
After this unfortunate event, i Might as well get the LG G2.
Thanks for your advice though.

• 2014-03-13 03:22
  • v0qJ

> In reply to SydPaul @ 2014-03-11 01:43 from t7$j - click to readYou can't put the blame on Sony! They are doing a great job regarding design and performance.. Cheaper than competition.. I can't really say anything bad against it! I have my own Xperia ZR and have no issues regarding Wi-Fi (which it's better than my ipad 4), Bluetooth, or anything else! The overheating problem was resolved in the latest update, and it's running smoother like never before.. The only drawback on the ZR model is that it's not that sleek and premium as Z or Z1.. But as performance runs smoother than the Z because it has a smaller screen so less to process!

• 2014-03-12 18:43
  • MSF$

> In reply to Issues resolved- 4.3 @ 2014-03-10 10:36 from u{ed - click to readAre you sure? so is it completely fine to go with this device?

• 2014-03-12 11:49
  • veFI

Got mine from an Xperia store in Mall of Asia Pasay City, Philippines. It's about Php 2700 more than what Widget City offers. But for peace of mind it is worth it. NTC registered, Sony warranty full year, extended for 2 years including cracked/shattered screen (not water damage though). Updated to 4.3 at the shop. No issues so far. EXCELLENT battery life. Walkman at full volume going to work and at home, around 1hour gaming Injustice, 1 hour browsing, calls, and SMS inbetween and still have around 65% without stamina mode. Does not hang, nor slows down. This is your value for money phone. A pocketable flagship experience.

• 2014-03-12 10:49
  • K7gS

> In reply to alex @ 2014-03-12 00:35 from P@We - click to readHi,
please take note that those problem doesn't occur on all xperia ZR, it just so happens that he got a defective device, and he bought it on a online store that doesn't have warranty. it's just badluck on his part.

• 2014-03-12 10:47
  • i5x7

Aftr updating(4.3) ph. Facing problm in whats app nd bluetooth is not working..any solutn??

• 2014-03-12 10:40
  • 2S{K

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-03-11 20:59 from 6kgv - click to readFirst, Xperia Z series have an issue with self cracking screen, and now mid-reange to low end Xperia devices have an issue with random response on the touchscreen?

• 2014-03-12 08:51
  • t7Rh

> In reply to SydPaul @ 2014-03-11 01:43 from t7$j - click to readim planning to buy xperia zr but bec of your post, im now unsure if ill go with this...so can it be repaired or not?

• 2014-03-12 00:35
  • P@We

> In reply to SydPaul @ 2014-03-11 01:43 from t7$j - click to readI'm not sure if this going to solve your ZR problem, but I have the Xperia L, & I'm facing what you can call it random-response on the touch screen "only if" I'm using other USB cable than the one came with Xperia package, but when using Sony's USB cable or AC charger, everything's going just fine... Try to use what came with your ZR package, my friend. Hopefully it'd help you, & thanks for your time reading this.

• 2014-03-11 20:59
  • 6kgv

> In reply to Mr. anonymous @ 2014-03-11 09:05 from YQQR - click to readthanks but beside output only 1500mAh ??

• 2014-03-11 15:22
  • MfxH

> In reply to Maxy @ 2014-03-11 01:03 from MfxH - click to readModel : ep880
Type. : AC-0500-IN
Output: 1500mA

• 2014-03-11 09:05
  • YQQR

Got my ZR and was very happy with it. Unfortunately, got problems with its touchscreen after 3 months of use. Technician told me they usually find this problems with the touchscreen on lower models like Xperia GO etc. Bad luck for me, since i bought it on online seller,Widget City, so no warranty.
Touchscreen was terrible, it were opening all applications without me touching it, and when texting it were typing on its own. Such a mess.
I wont be buying XPeria anymore on my next unit, you cant blame me.

• 2014-03-11 01:43
  • t7$j

would someone tell me the amp of ZR original chareger cuz i lost mine wanna buy a new one so wanna make sure its original

• 2014-03-11 01:03
  • MfxH

> In reply to falesh @ 2014-03-10 06:34 from H4Xg - click to readI compared because the other guy(anas) said that the SP is better.
I know that they have unequal hardwares.

• 2014-03-10 16:47
  • GQiQ

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-03-10 05:40 from vQ{r - click to readBoth has the same processor but ZR has only half the display of zl (720p vs 1080p), so the performance(especially gaming) and battery will be better in the ZR

• 2014-03-10 16:45
  • GQiQ

> In reply to yogi @ 2014-03-06 18:30 from uvjX - click to readIts good option to prefer sony xperia zr but be sure about the wifi,hotspotsharing&bluetooth,fm other than that there is no any problem in zr on buying that mobile please verify twice for that features .....

• 2014-03-10 11:33
  • U27s
  • Issues resolved- 4.3
  • Rating0

> In reply to cmeze @ 2014-03-10 05:57 from veFI - click to readYes the bluetooth and wifi issues are resolved in 4.3 update. Also RAM has also improved post update.

• 2014-03-10 10:36
  • u{ed
Total of 4329 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia ZR.