Sony Xperia ZR - user opinions and reviews

Sony

8.1
8.2
8.2

i put it in water with the flaps closed and the back cover too but the screen went black. The phone works but the screen doesn't work, even touch works, what do i do!!!!!!!

• 2014-05-04 17:53
  • TgAx

> In reply to cmeze @ 2014-05-03 13:08 from veFI - click to readYou're lucky you did not go for moto G.

This phone is cool.

Battery issue can be cured with a Power bank. It's not so much of cool solution but when you're going out for a tour or something.

It's the best solution available so far.

You can go for EVERREADY powerbank. It's good.

or any other like Amezer. But go for the big one.

10000 Mah ones only.

About the heating issue you're facing the best available solution is put the phone in water with FLAPS closed. Cool instantly. :)

Atleast I do it. Good use of being waterproof and a bit of fun.

This mobile bring smile to my face every time when I put it in water. Always excited.

• 2014-05-04 16:12
  • S35r

> In reply to cmeze @ 2014-05-03 12:56 from veFI - click to readThe comment I made was a statement that we should get our hands on the dock charging.

I've not got it so far.

A good user here mentioned that it needs to be DK-28.

As DK-26 is available for 2116 INR. Although it's for Xperia Z..

SO definitely not solving ZR users purpose.

However, the dock charger made for ZR is not available for delivery in INDIA. It's only available for Hongkong.

• 2014-05-04 16:08

Mr. anonymous

Don't wanna offend you but the comments you made the battery standing it more than a day. Doesn't seem to be working.

• 2014-05-04 16:06
  • S35r

I'm waiting for android 4.4 anybody know how much time it will take to reach to zr..........

• 2014-05-04 13:36
  • v{Vn

> In reply to sarang @ 2014-05-04 11:32 from fCxH - click to readwww.witrigs.com/usb-port-headphone-jack-block-co­vers-replacement-parts-for-sony-xperia-zr-black
You can buy the flap and watch a YouTube video and try it replace yourself or go to Sony center and get it repaired. It'll anyway cost you a few bucks.

• 2014-05-04 12:10
  • bC7p

My xperia zr usb flap came out...due to this im unable to use my feature of under water shoot...does any1 has suggestion? I visited sony service ceneter at my place they told me that warranty is not considered for physical damage...my phone really look very weird widout flap...does anyone has some suggestion?? (reply in comments) English plz

• 2014-05-04 11:32
  • fCxH

> In reply to cmeze @ 2014-05-04 08:08 from veFI - click to readThat may be a reason and also it depends on the room temperature.
If you're in a hot environment, then it'll heat. Be careful with that as once I was just surfing the Web in 3g under direct sunlight and the phone switched off due to overheating in no time ;)

• 2014-05-04 09:35
  • bC7G

> In reply to Mr. anonymous @ 2014-05-03 15:27 from bCh} - click to readI agree.. but my zr is also heating a lot after playing dead trigger 2..even though we have the same models with the same battery, I guess there might be some minute changes in the hardware that are responsible for the cause. Can't say every manufactured piece is 100% alike. It's process, material etc create differences.. but still I love my zr :D

• 2014-05-04 08:08
  • veFI

> In reply to cmeze @ 2014-05-03 13:08 from veFI - click to readDude just compare your mobile with your friends mobiles(high end) and then post :P
I've used my friend's s4, zl, Z, l, desire x, Lenovo k900, Optimus G and I think it is better at that range.
If you've upgraded from a low end phone(like the galaxy y from which I upgraded), you may feel that it's battery life is worst.
But when you compare with other higher end models you'll get a clear idea.
Also about the heating problems, the s4 and Lenovo heats alot more than the ZR.

• 2014-05-03 15:27
  • bCh}

> In reply to HVS @ 2014-05-03 08:44 from S35r - click to readSeriously! I purchased this phone just 2-3 days after you..and I too don't find anything extra ordinary..it's endurance rating is 62h but battery compared to that drains out very fast..I don't even have much apps installed on my cell neither any music or vids..don't have memory card either still it's not giving what it should...and the flaps I guess will soon start giving problems too..I now think I should've gone for moto g instead lol.

• 2014-05-03 13:08
  • veFI

> In reply to HVS @ 2014-05-03 08:46 from S35r - click to readyou got a dock charger? from where and how much?

• 2014-05-03 12:56
  • veFI

> In reply to yogi @ 2014-05-02 14:13 from uwX$ - click to readCould you please tell me exactly which Google apps? I have an app called Greenify by which I put a few apps into hibernation when not in use to save battery power.. So maybe if u could name a few Google apps ur talking about so that i can get an idea and check if I've disabled them ?

• 2014-05-03 09:33
  • 7j$1

> In reply to HVS @ 2014-05-03 08:46 from S35r - click to readHey... Where did you get the charging dock from? And how much did it cost you?

• 2014-05-03 09:30
  • 7j$1

Girls and guys using this mobile get your hands on dock chargering as soon as possible.

USB charger would ruin the flaps.

Also buy a bluetooth headset for calling or listening music.

Avoid use of flaps as much as possible.

else it won't remain waterproof longer.

And get it insured :) I got it.

• 2014-05-03 08:46
  • S35r

I'm using this mobile for now more than a month.

The experience is great. whether it be underwater or not.

Problem is with the battery backup.

Now that I've my hands on it. No matter what anyone says my usage being very normal.

I get maximum battery of 8 hours.
This includes full date 3G on with around every now and then whatsapp usage.

maximum of 30-40 minutes calling a day.

No games or surfing internet.

Little use of Maps application may be 5 minutes.
Lastly an hour of video playing that too is exaggerated.

20 Pics a day.

I find hardly a chance to say this is good battery backup.

It's initail 4-5 Hours and battery comes to 50%

Then I just have to keep the mobile data off and switch it on only when needed.

It's pretty normal phone. Nothing extra ordinary.

• 2014-05-03 08:44
  • S35r

> In reply to Mr. anonymous @ 2014-05-02 18:25 from bChJ - click to readIt's available for 20.5k in my area now..

• 2014-05-03 08:39
  • veFI

> In reply to Mr. anonymous @ 2014-05-02 18:22 from bChJ - click to readThank you for your help Bro.

• 2014-05-03 08:02
  • utSI

> In reply to Mr. anonymous @ 2014-05-02 18:10 from bChJ - click to readok . thank you alot for your time and help :)

• 2014-05-02 19:32
  • N35K

been using this phone for about one week..
great battery life and awesome camera..
good 4.5" display and user removable battery.. perfect phone for its price!
thumbs up for sony :-)

P.S i can get 1 day and a half battery life with 3g network always open, playing virtua tennis for about 1 hour and 4 hours of internet using..

• 2014-05-02 18:35
  • tCQg
Total of 4753 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia ZR.