Spice Mi-500 Stellar Horizon - user opinions and reviews

Spice

7.1
7.0
6.9

> In reply to gajanan @ 2013-02-23 06:29 from 9xJh - click to readHi, try any free mail client like Push Mail it will work. I also had the same problem, was fed up and atlast gave a try with free mail client, and it worked. I think the stock client is having some issues.

Hope this helps

• 2013-04-01 13:58
  • PSLa

I bought this phone 4 months ago online in the first week of launch. It was awesome until last month when it just did not start.
I went to the Bangalore authorized service center and they took the phone and asked me to contact after two days. I called them and they said the phone is being sent to head office and will take 15-20 days for me to receive it; I had no choice than to wait and called back after 15 days. They told it may take a week more, I keep calling them every 3 days and it’s been a month now. Still waiting...:(
The phone is good but the support is just driving me crazy.

• 2013-03-19 15:44
  • U{4p

how to use 3G connection?

• 2013-02-23 13:30
  • RxnW

> In reply to noFUN @ 2013-02-14 11:26 from PVaq - click to readthanks man, that helps alot by taking screenshot.

but the pay really sux. :|

I hate QWERTY

• 2013-02-23 12:02

hi
i am not able to configure outlook on MI 500, it throws error cant find server but if i use inernet on it i can browes the my outlook email .can some one help me on what went wrong ?

• 2013-02-23 06:29
  • 9xJh

how can I use camera( back) of this phone as web cam after attaching it with PC, how to black list a particular no,

• 2013-02-22 17:17
  • KAC7

> In reply to noFUN @ 2013-02-14 11:26 from PVaq - click to readAnd how do you reach that Keyboard Setting.
I didn't see this Keyboard setting anywhere

• 2013-02-16 17:26
  • bCfx

> In reply to Gabby @ 2013-02-05 15:31 from RxnW - click to read@gabby:
You can change the setting in the keyboard setting,
- in portrait mode there are 2 options : normal & qwerty
- in landscape mode only Qwerty

screenshoot in ICS/JB =
press power & volume down at the same time, and hold them for 3 seconds..

• 2013-02-14 11:26
  • PVaq

how am update softwear

• 2013-02-11 08:42
  • vIb$

Friends,

Read this review very carefully and believe me I have tried to be unbiassed :

I purchased this phone on the day of launch and I was impressed that it had the dual-core CPU, a 512MB RAM, a big screen, dual sim. I liked the look but after using this is my honest feedbac:

1. While using internet on SIM2, I missed almost 9 out of 10 incoming voice calls on SIM1. I think this is the biggest draw back of this phone.

2. FM reception is very very poor. It searches the station everytime even if you have saved it.

3. Launcher hang problem: Even though its a dual core cpu phone, performance is sluggish. Some times laucher gets hanged

4. No pc sync with software - only content copying to SD Card.

5. No updates/ upgrades - on air or off air.

So, concusion is : even though desi players like Micromax, Spice or Karbonn are lauching phones with large screens and multicore CPUs, these are just rebranded Chinese phones. Yes, if you wish to enjoy latest Android versions, and cant by devices like Samsung, then go for them. Else, little shitty things.

• 2013-02-06 12:20
  • 2W9y

hi guys I just want to ask if the keypad can be turn in to 3x4?

Im not a big fan of QWERTY :|

and how to make screenshot?

• 2013-02-05 15:31
  • RxnW

This phone is actually nice but the internet connection via 3G or network is slow.

• 2013-02-02 05:33
  • v0qJ

Hey friends i am using this phone for last 3 months,n i fell this is awesome at this price,processing speed is great,response time for every thing is perfect.

Yes this is 3g n am using it.

Not available now at any place.

The new version of this phone is Spice mi 495 with
8 megapixel cam,and high resolution pixel density.

• 2013-01-31 09:28
  • Y}Kj

no battert pack up guess on this phone

• 2013-01-31 07:32
  • vGXU

I bought this phone a week ago now.

So, I decided to make an review about this phone. So I will mixed my review to good and bad experience.

•I can play HD game and online game with no lag(but still currently having a problem with internet connection).
•Loudspeaker while listening music is great - But for earphone it dont like im having a sound problem when I tried to use different and better quality of earphone.
•Battery Life - As of now, since I bought it im very happy of it because it can long last atleast 6hrs online gaming. I wanted to try the normal usage but for now I cant coz Im enjoying playing an online game, but I believe it can long last up to 2-3days\
•While on call - doesnt great, the quality of the earpiece of the speaker..doesnt that great.
•Camera - I dont mind this really.
•Texting - I dont like it.because im not a big liker of QWERTY pad.

This is my review for now, I'm going to Root my phone. To improve it. Then I will update my review.

Im on rush though so im sorry. Im still at the office.

Hoping this will help to those people who wanted to buy this phone.

this is a great phone with a low price I swear, But dont expect anything in over all performance.

• 2013-01-29 16:59
  • RxnW

i want buy this handset but after read opinion i am confiuse buy or not .....some people said good handset n some said bad ....so pls help me guys buy or not ....if any one know advantages or disadva.....pls reply....for taken disussion

• 2013-01-29 12:26
  • P$0W

> In reply to madhav @ 2013-01-03 14:00 from vQ}P - click to readhi. frend this is not good phone i think u look micromaxA

• 2013-01-26 10:17
  • KA4r

> In reply to sud @ 2013-01-15 22:12 from Qdg1 - click to readbest phn i ever used in this price range...with 3G...

• 2013-01-15 22:15
  • Qdg1

> In reply to narayanan @ 2013-01-06 01:24 from U@d$ - click to readThey have the wrong information in their system, go to settings, u will see a option more...click on more....
then u will get option for mobile networks click on that...then u wil see option for 3G...Just click on that u can add any sim that ur using for 3G...
U CAN USE UR 3G..IN THAT PHONE...IT WORKS SUPER WITH 3G

• 2013-01-15 22:12
  • Qdg1

> In reply to madhav @ 2013-01-03 14:00 from vQ}P - click to readbuy micromax a110.its better

• 2013-01-11 20:05
  • uv6T
Total of 241 user reviews and opinions for Spice Mi-500 Stellar Horizon.