T-Mobile Comet - user opinions and reviews

T-Mobile

6.5
6.5
6.3

This is an OKAY phone if you're looking for a very low priced, bare bones android. Huge plus for stock android 2.2, loud speaker, and Swype. Huge minus for rampant app incompatibility, no multi touch and small screen.

I'm not sure why so many apps don't work for this phone considering its 2.2 Gingerbread, but I suspect the extra small screen. Even the Google+ app isn't compatible. Good for kids, as a backup or if you're really trying to save some cash, but I wish I'd saved up and bought something a bit better.

• 2011-11-16 22:08
  • DDDt

can you tell me this phone is good for internet browsing?heavy duty surfing and like desktop pc internet browsing?secondly its gpu is under discussion some ppl say it doesnt have gpu in real?

• 2011-06-30 16:35
  • uWyn

how do i move pictures from my card to my phone

• 2011-06-21 20:47
  • kGAK

nice

• 2011-04-28 21:06
  • jW$J

It works very well. My Iphone took a dive after my friend pee(ed) on it... haha. Don't text near the toilets! I expected the Comet to be near-junk quality, but it has much better sound with or without the speaker phone on, better GPS navigation and turn by turn, ect than my iPhone 3G had. Its rather small. The camera quality is good, video recording is OK. The hot-spot feature is fast... works very well. I used it to view youtube clips on my laptop as a test. Very nice. I also let my buddy play a few rounds of WoW using the phone as his wifi link. No problems. The chat, SMS ect work very well.
Its a surprisingly good phone and they are nearly giving them away. I feel its a step up from a 3G/3GS.

I would spring for a 32GB microsd card. The included 2GB card is a little small, but its yet to cause me problems.

OH - BTW... The battery is replaceable and the memory easily user upgradable. Get a clue iPhone. You can take a few lessons from this cheapy android.

• 2011-04-17 06:39
  • qijh

aha touch?

• 2011-03-29 10:37
  • KxiF

> In reply to SergioAngel @ 2010-12-11 01:32 from 4vFF - click to readThis phone is nice

• 2011-03-22 09:01
  • vG4r

Bought from T mobile USA online for $119 including $30 airtime so net cost $90 no contract I use it prepaid and only buy days I need data. For a light user like me it is perfect. Easy to hold sideways in one hand and type with other - bigger keyboard sideways - even with my big fingers I got used to the screen quickly. If you want email, light internet use, Skype on Wifi, and you don't want to carry around a brick this is for you. If you need 30 apps it isn't. Easily unlocked over internet but T mobile 3g is on different band than other carriers so if you travel overseas your data will be 2G. Good value for money.

• 2011-03-01 22:25
  • Y6cc

The radio comes and goes, Y can I not get the speaker to work with the radio? and "yes" I did hook up a head set to it.

• 2011-02-27 17:03
  • qFU6

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-01-16 05:57 from RbX3 - click to readJust wait until you run out of data with Simple Mobile, then you'll realize what you got yourself in to.

• 2011-02-11 15:55
  • xAMx

The phone is simple and very functional. But the battery is terribly bad. It won't even last for the whole morning.

• 2011-01-19 02:11
  • kAxF

> In reply to SergioAngel @ 2010-12-11 01:32 from 4vFF - click to readyes it works very well with simple mobile!!!

• 2011-01-16 05:57
  • RbX3

its very closed to samsung galaxy 5 but it is huawei ideos by china. its also available in pk by china mobile zong.

• 2010-12-11 02:53
  • t@GT

Hi guys,

Do you know if this phone works with Simple Mobile ???

• 2010-12-11 01:32
  • 4vFF

So basicly it's solde only in america for now.

• 2010-12-08 16:41
  • E0mD

Is it going to be relesed on t mobile europe or only usa? I KNOW IT is relesed somewhere but i guess it was relesed in usa.

• 2010-12-04 21:28
  • E0mD

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-11-22 04:56 from uC0G - click to readThe speaker is pretty good and so is the call quality. What's bad about this phone is that it can be on the lagging side.

• 2010-12-03 07:17
  • qGhN

can someone tell me how are the speakers? r they good?

• 2010-11-22 04:56
  • uC0G

This phone is already out. It was released weeks ago.

• 2010-11-09 17:42
  • FdjP

it seems like my galaxy 5 . . . .

• 2010-11-07 10:39
  • U}}5
Total of 66 user reviews and opinions for T-Mobile Comet.