T-Mobile G2 - user opinions and reviews

T-Mobile

6.9
7.2
7.1

> In reply to Joe @ 2011-04-02 19:17 from L3Fx - click to readI'm from Brazil and had one. Works very well in 3G of TIM carrier.

• 2011-05-21 19:44
  • 8P%n

> In reply to Joe @ 2011-04-02 19:17 from L3Fx - click to readI had one and works very well in 3G of TIM carrier.

• 2011-05-21 19:42
  • 8P%n

> In reply to Joe @ 2011-04-02 19:17 from L3Fx - click to readI used it in Serbia for 2 weeks on Telenor's network, not only the 3G but 4G worked - it was super super fast.

• 2011-05-21 18:32
  • YHV4

WHAT is the cheapest ad trusted way to UNLOCK it to another network ? plz answer me . thanks

• 2011-05-12 18:30
  • 3LB5

Best phone i've ever had.I can get around on this phone easier than other android phones i've had.

• 2011-05-06 21:10
  • 0asx

Battery life is about 2 days with light use(2hrs phone calls, 2hrs internet, 2-3 hrs playing with the phone games,music, apps ,etc) and this is normal after the intial period of exitement. Z-hinge is no issue. The phone should be called 3.8"wide screen laptop with cell phone capabilities. It is amazing, solid device, appealing to business people as well. Call quality, connectivity and in call management is average at best. I came from Nokia N95 8GB and Nokia X6 which have superb call quality and connectivity but not good as smart phones.

• 2011-04-13 20:04
  • kNC0

Will this phone work at 3g speeds outside the US? Has any one tested it in Europe, asia or Brazil?

• 2011-04-02 19:17
  • L3Fx

I've. had the G2 for 8 months at least and it is probably the best phone I've ever had, sure the battery s ucks...but what smartphone has good battery life?
I'm running CM7#32 with few issues.
I love this phone

• 2011-03-31 23:24
  • RbqJ

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-03-29 15:20 from t7x2 - click to readLOL . this is desire z )) great phone

• 2011-03-31 00:03
  • ssCr

looks exactly like HTC desire Z

• 2011-03-29 15:20
  • t7x2

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-02-23 09:41 from qJCJ - click to readI highly suggest that you dial down your screen idle settings from infinity to screen shutoff in several seconds. Additionally, you might try turning off gps, wifi, bluetooth and/or data connection when you're not using them. Pick up an app like juicedefender and set it to aggressive. If all of this doesn't improve your battery life than you should just carry around a second battery or consider investing in one of the aftermarket extra big juice battery packs.

• 2011-03-21 05:26
  • 4D9E

This phone at stock is a very reasonable piece of hardware. The hinge design is serviceable though I do have concerns about long term internal cleanliness & hardware strength. Capacitive menu buttons are satisfactorily sensitive. Screen is bright, responsive, and clear. Software response is snappy without any customization. Developer support is very robust. After root one can overclock their cpu, be rid of interstitial advertising, have full custom roms and backup utilities.

The optical tracpad is a very nice touch, though I do not use it very much. Hardware keyboard is generally good and though I find myself hitting the wrong key more often than I would like, this can be excused as having fat thumbs. Admittedly thumbs are excellent and what largely distinguish us from our more jungle bound brethren, they still are subject to the limitations of the engineering compromises our genes must make during reproduction. Much like the hinge & keyboard of the G2.

I will be very sad when I have to replace my g2 with an inferior device at some point in the future. With proper prior planning and good research an individual can overclock the efficient second gen 800mhz processor to a speed which scores 2395 in quadrant, a rough equivalent of 1.4ghz+.

I have found zero issues with onboard storage, always having more than ample space with plenty to spare for future OTA, or developer ROM upgrades. This phone is upwardly compatible with at the very minimum of 32gb microsd cards which at class 10 are currently prohibitively expensive for all but your most dedicated of technogeeks. Though one is prone to carrying around tons of music, the complementary class 2 8gb card will suffice for most users.

I feel this phone is an excellent purchase and generally a solid device in all regards. If you have a hardon for physical keyboards, stock Android, good developer support, and don't mind the compromises one must make to enjoy these benefits I implore you: quit drinking yourself into a stupor every night and buy this phone.

• 2011-03-21 05:22
  • 4D9E

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-02-23 09:41 from qJCJ - click to read12 hours is amazing for an android phone

• 2011-03-20 22:13
  • YHMH

Great fon.just dissapointed with qwerty keyboard & too weight.

• 2011-03-03 16:35
  • tVmw

> In reply to vasile @ 2010-12-08 02:40 from 4h3V - click to readVery bad battery life, worse than the iphone, but other than that I love the phone. I carry a car charger with me all the time, I don't use it much, it runs out in less than 12 hours. Maybe a problem with my phone?! I'll check with T-mobile. I had it for 6 weeks

• 2011-02-23 09:41
  • qJCJ

> In reply to rose @ 2011-02-06 00:46 from Rbqc - click to readClick on the picture and hold it, it will give you an option.

• 2011-02-19 08:22
  • qDt3

> In reply to rose @ 2011-02-06 00:46 from Rbqc - click to readWhat happens when you Long press on the pictures? That usually opens the ability to save attachments.

• 2011-02-12 22:02
  • RsUh

Love this phone with a passion. Only problem. It won't connect to wifi. Whenever I turn it on, it says error and turns off. Help?

• 2011-02-07 05:34
  • 0a}{

price should be available

• 2011-02-06 19:00
  • K2Fe

Does anyone know how to save pictures sent via text as a slideshow? My friend sent me all these great pics but I can't save them to my gallery or as wallpaper or anything. They're just stuck in my inbox. Please help!

• 2011-02-06 00:46
  • Rbqc
Total of 301 user reviews and opinions for T-Mobile G2.