T-Mobile G2 - user opinions and reviews

T-Mobile

6.8
7.0
6.9

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-03-29 15:20 from t7x2 - click to readLOL . this is desire z )) great phone

• 2011-03-31 00:03
  • ssCr

looks exactly like HTC desire Z

• 2011-03-29 15:20
  • t7x2

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-02-23 09:41 from qJCJ - click to readI highly suggest that you dial down your screen idle settings from infinity to screen shutoff in several seconds. Additionally, you might try turning off gps, wifi, bluetooth and/or data connection when you're not using them. Pick up an app like juicedefender and set it to aggressive. If all of this doesn't improve your battery life than you should just carry around a second battery or consider investing in one of the aftermarket extra big juice battery packs.

• 2011-03-21 05:26
  • 4D9E

This phone at stock is a very reasonable piece of hardware. The hinge design is serviceable though I do have concerns about long term internal cleanliness & hardware strength. Capacitive menu buttons are satisfactorily sensitive. Screen is bright, responsive, and clear. Software response is snappy without any customization. Developer support is very robust. After root one can overclock their cpu, be rid of interstitial advertising, have full custom roms and backup utilities.

The optical tracpad is a very nice touch, though I do not use it very much. Hardware keyboard is generally good and though I find myself hitting the wrong key more often than I would like, this can be excused as having fat thumbs. Admittedly thumbs are excellent and what largely distinguish us from our more jungle bound brethren, they still are subject to the limitations of the engineering compromises our genes must make during reproduction. Much like the hinge & keyboard of the G2.

I will be very sad when I have to replace my g2 with an inferior device at some point in the future. With proper prior planning and good research an individual can overclock the efficient second gen 800mhz processor to a speed which scores 2395 in quadrant, a rough equivalent of 1.4ghz+.

I have found zero issues with onboard storage, always having more than ample space with plenty to spare for future OTA, or developer ROM upgrades. This phone is upwardly compatible with at the very minimum of 32gb microsd cards which at class 10 are currently prohibitively expensive for all but your most dedicated of technogeeks. Though one is prone to carrying around tons of music, the complementary class 2 8gb card will suffice for most users.

I feel this phone is an excellent purchase and generally a solid device in all regards. If you have a hardon for physical keyboards, stock Android, good developer support, and don't mind the compromises one must make to enjoy these benefits I implore you: quit drinking yourself into a stupor every night and buy this phone.

• 2011-03-21 05:22
  • 4D9E

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-02-23 09:41 from qJCJ - click to read12 hours is amazing for an android phone

• 2011-03-20 22:13
  • YHMH

Great fon.just dissapointed with qwerty keyboard & too weight.

• 2011-03-03 16:35
  • tVmw

> In reply to vasile @ 2010-12-08 02:40 from 4h3V - click to readVery bad battery life, worse than the iphone, but other than that I love the phone. I carry a car charger with me all the time, I don't use it much, it runs out in less than 12 hours. Maybe a problem with my phone?! I'll check with T-mobile. I had it for 6 weeks

• 2011-02-23 09:41
  • qJCJ

> In reply to rose @ 2011-02-06 00:46 from Rbqc - click to readClick on the picture and hold it, it will give you an option.

• 2011-02-19 08:22
  • qDt3

> In reply to rose @ 2011-02-06 00:46 from Rbqc - click to readWhat happens when you Long press on the pictures? That usually opens the ability to save attachments.

• 2011-02-12 22:02
  • RsUh

Love this phone with a passion. Only problem. It won't connect to wifi. Whenever I turn it on, it says error and turns off. Help?

• 2011-02-07 05:34
  • 0a}{

price should be available

• 2011-02-06 19:00
  • K2Fe

Does anyone know how to save pictures sent via text as a slideshow? My friend sent me all these great pics but I can't save them to my gallery or as wallpaper or anything. They're just stuck in my inbox. Please help!

• 2011-02-06 00:46
  • Rbqc

This phone is the best.. once you flash Virtuous on this baby (the advanced edition) this phone is beastly.. Completely blew away every other phone in terms of speed and sheer power..

• 2011-01-19 06:50
  • 4YFE

I love all htc cell phone but now t-mobile releases a new dell streak 7 launched -

• 2011-01-12 07:21
  • vIHR

> In reply to Farrukh @ 2010-12-26 16:22 from Uq4S - click to readRoot it and flash a sense rom

• 2011-01-08 00:57
  • YcjB

has anybody have discoloring problem with this phone because a have it look ugly below the track pad my phone has turned kind of black it has discolored, anybody know if i can have a change from htc?

• 2011-01-07 00:38
  • Rbqx

> In reply to Farrukh @ 2010-12-26 16:22 from Uq4S - click to readXDA developers

• 2010-12-30 20:39
  • RcFM

I can't see information about HSPA+. I think it is important to be included for smartphones supporting it.

• 2010-12-29 12:03
  • Svec

I love
HTC sense UI.Is there way I can have it on my T-mobile G2.please help other wise iam going to sell it to buy desire Z.

• 2010-12-26 16:22
  • Uq4S

> In reply to vasile @ 2010-12-08 02:40 from 4h3V - click to readbattery is super... phone is super...
seriously HTC from every angle.. awesome build inside and outside

• 2010-12-25 10:06
  • 2@r4
Total of 313 user reviews and opinions for T-Mobile G2.