T-Mobile G2x - user opinions and reviews

T-Mobile

6.9
6.6
6.5

hi. I've been using this phone for some time now and it's very a good phone buh for about a week now my camera has refused to work. I've done a reset buh it still wdnt work. any help please?

• 2013-10-19 08:18
  • fuvx

Great phone - no dropped calls, excellent call quality.

Decent camera, better than most phones.

Quality all around - nice screen, good luck and feel, battery life is above average.

HDMI port! HSDPA data speeds on T-Mobile are quick. Durable. Fair selection of accessories available. Bluetooth and GPS work well.

*WARNING*: The G2x/P999 is *crippled* by T-Mobile/LG - no upgrades past Android 2.3.x Gingerbread - No 4.x/Ice Cream Sandwich/Jellybean!

There are still no fully-functional aftermarket or 3rd party ICS/JB updates available, and there are not likely to be any. There are some that seem to run very well but CAN NOT access the phone's radio properly, due to LG/T-Mobile's reluctance to release the necessary information. Thus aftermarket development for the G2x is virtually dead, and users are stuck with a very old base OS.

NOTE: GSM Arena specs are also incorrect - related models (Optimus 2x/P990) do have an FM radio, this one DOES NOT have FM radio functionality. It seems the chip may be there but it is intentionally disconnected and can not be used, even with aftermarket firmware.

• 2013-09-19 04:56
  • sh%q

i have not found another phone like the G2x. I could use the phone and watch movies by connecting it to the television and no other phone does this. I could expand the memory by using a micro SD card. I would have like to see a new version of this phone it is one of the best phones today even tough it came out in 2009. I still use my phone today.

• 2013-09-12 04:00
  • 43y0

> In reply to leo @ 2012-12-02 14:56 from Yiqx - click to readnope,im a globe user and using this G2x

• 2013-08-27 08:31
  • t7Xh
  • flexowusuansah@gmail
  • Rating0

> In reply to TC @ 2013-08-15 19:31 from jerv - click to readMy G2x LG p999 there is no radio inside how can I listen to radio without switching on my data

• 2013-08-17 11:36
  • NuPx

When the G2x came out 4 years ago (2009) it was one of the fastest phones out there with its duel core processors and nice 8mg pix.camera. I've tried out 8 different phones since and the G2X still holds up as one of the best android phones built. Today you can get faster and bigger but the bang for the buck in the Tmobile G2x is uncomprable. One of the biggest downfalls is the sceen blackout during calls (safty issue with phones) and not comming back while phone is away from face. However I had great success with this phone with very little dropped calls. The other reviewer that complained of dropped calls with this phone must realize that 85% of dropped callls is a network issue and location, not the phone. G2x highly recommended.

• 2013-08-15 19:31
  • jerv

The G2X is the worst phone I ever purchased. The drop calls and lack of internet is shocking. I have contacted T-Mobile twice and both times they gave me Band-Aid results. I have been a T-Mobile member for 6 years, after the problems with this phone and the lack of customer service on their part it is time to switch. Evidently, T-Mobile does not care about their customers.

• 2013-08-08 16:14
  • qTtu

it's battery life is very short .....

• 2013-08-05 20:56
  • S0u6

> In reply to Woozwol @ 2013-07-17 15:09 from 9Cjm - click to readReset your phone is the only fix. It clears all the data and apps though.

• 2013-07-25 15:30
  • TgYa

how to use this mobile in bangladesh? 2 day ago send this mobile form usa.please ans me

• 2013-07-24 10:10
  • PEqh

hey Will you just help me?i just forget my cell's password , what should i do ?

• 2013-07-17 15:09
  • 9Cjm

I think this is the best phone i've used ever and i really like its features and all of its specs. so easy to use and also very fast with its data applications. Thumbs to its cam qualities and all its holographic display. #yolo#

• 2013-07-13 01:52
  • fsT5

I have had this phone for soon to be two years in August 2013. Right now it is July and I am dying to get rid of this phone. The phone is terrible. In the first few months that I owned this phone it was great and could be perfectly described by reading the good comments about this phone. I thought the phone was amazing and the best on the market. But read on. After a few months the phone started having minor problems like slight heating up and occasionally would get stuck. Month by month I came across more and more issues with the phone like having to force close applications more often and often and lagging more and more. A scary thing that happens is that the phone overheats so much that I can't even hold my phone for more then ten seconds. The problems that occur are the same ones just they keep occurring more frequently and will last longer. For example, when I try to open even the dialer to call someone the phone says I have to force close the application. I try opening it up again it does the same thing. I very often can't call people. This happens to not just one application but all of them. Eventually I got so worked up about the phone because I couldn't use anything! I couldn't take the struggles anymore so I took my phone to the T-Mobile store. The people at the store said it could be something with the battery. I took what they had to say into consideration and ordered a new battery. I put the new battery in thinking that it would make the phone usable once again, like it was in the beginning, but it didn't do anything at all. Not one thing was different. I went back to the T-Mobile store once again and said that I did what they said by replacing the battery and that it did nothing. The people at the store used my phone and could also see that the phone was exactly the same as it was before. Then they told me something that they didn't tell me when I bought the phone. The people at store told me that the phone is discontinued and that they do not sell it anymore because so many people have had problems with it. I knew I was hopeless from then on with my T-Mobile G2x. The people at the store gave me a new phone thinking that maybe it was just my phone with the major problems. I got a new G2x in the mail and it was exactly like my first G2x. At first works well then is just difficult, frustrating and sometimes impossible, to use. Now I am just waiting until I can get a phone that works and I am never buying a cell phone from LG again. I hope this review was helpful. These are my experiences with the phone and I am sure many others have had the same problems. In conclusion, the main point of this review is to express my feelings about the T-Mobile G2x and to tell everyone that this phone is awful and is the worst phone I have ever owned. DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE!

• 2013-07-06 02:18
  • 4wRE

I actually traded a phone i had for this one. I've had I-Phones even, but this has got to be my favorite. Easy to use. If i could just find a pick camo case. lol

• 2013-07-04 15:26
  • 89R3

> In reply to Kay C @ 2013-01-19 20:39 from N7AA - click to readi think it does not have fm radio

• 2013-06-07 21:02
  • fu@E

Awesome phone. Unexpectedly good performance.

• 2013-06-01 04:07
  • jTnj

Why do I need to connect to the network before I can use the radio?

• 2013-05-07 15:54
  • N7AT

can it upgrade to Android 4.0 ICS, pls help me

• 2013-05-06 19:37
  • t4sW

Bought the phone almost 2 years ago and continuously had problems with the internet...even wen i traded it for a new g2x. It started freezing up on me a lot after about 1yr. The camera is not as good as u would expect but not horrible either. Audio isnt too bad. This is a VERY DURABLE phone for sure...so if you drop your phone alot then this is for u. Im not entirely impressed but i dont hate it. Rate: 5/10

• 2013-04-28 16:32
  • RbqA

> In reply to ARSHI @ 2013-03-16 05:26 from PDTg - click to readhow did you get the 4.1.1 on your T-mobile G2x...help me out

• 2013-04-22 23:17
  • NuPx
Total of 235 user reviews and opinions for T-Mobile G2x.