T-Mobile G2x - user opinions and reviews

T-Mobile

6.9
6.6
6.5

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-08-22 22:01 from I0Im - click to readi have no idea where u get the info from, but cameras on android phone are suck. i had try nexus s, galaxy s, nexus one, and even htc sensation.I also owning iphone 4, its best out of android phones but i like nokia phone's camera better

• 2011-08-28 05:18
  • qJrZ

> In reply to henry @ 2011-08-04 00:37 from I4Zv - click to readTry actually switching the WiFi connection off.. and see if that helps. I had a motorola dext, first generation of android phones and the problem is through out from various random testing I found when there is no wifi hotspot available the phone starts to hunt for the closests one and increases the power to the wifi connector as a result heating the phone up.

• 2011-08-24 15:41
  • kW3K

> In reply to Saheb @ 2011-08-17 18:42 from fCZR - click to readumm i'm sorry to say but android is a lot better and cleaner because iphone doesn't have some of the apps that the android phone does, and plus the camera quality is 10x's better then the iphone.

The battery might sucks but that goes for all of the phones it depends on how you use it. You can do much more with android apps iphone most apps is unlock you have to jailbreak to get it.

• 2011-08-22 22:01
  • I0Im

> In reply to Uncle D @ 2011-06-03 23:08 from 4kVx - click to readI agree with the T-Mobile employee. He's just stating facts. All of the new major phones with dual core processors have short battery life, and also freeze up occasionally. The technology isn't there yet. Sure I want a cheap, superfast, application crazy, vibrant, super camera, video cam, PDA, and video recorder all in one right now too. But even if you pay, you won't find one.

• 2011-08-19 08:54
  • qAhv

> In reply to alalg2x @ 2011-08-14 12:22 from 0fWn - click to readthat's the update for you...go to xda and flash the CWM using nvidia flasher...after that install the rooted OTA and replace your camera with the modded apk that is available at that website =]

• 2011-08-19 03:08
  • yswE

Being an user of iphone4 i can say that nothing cn even beat the apple device !! Its just superb !! If u get one .... U wont regret later !!

• 2011-08-17 18:42
  • fCZR

> In reply to Uncle D @ 2011-06-03 23:08 from 4kVx - click to readHi there. I'm not sure if it is. But after the update on my G2x. It doesn't say anymore if i'm recording in 1080 or taking pictures as 1080. It only says the quality. On videos, there's the high(30) Low(30M) MMS(Low 30s) and Youtube(High 10m). So is high a 1080 video? I don't even know what all these 30M means.

• 2011-08-14 12:22
  • 0fWn

Great phone.. Once you get a good one..nothing beats it. Good battery, fast, sturdy, awesome screen, great roms and dev support.. Phone is great.

• 2011-08-13 17:48
  • 7ywW

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-08-08 04:36 from 7yV7 - click to readIf you did the update that came out last month it would work flawlessly, you obviously are not tech literate. The iphone was made for people like you in mind go join the clones!

• 2011-08-12 17:56
  • q9rt

this phone sucks my dad bought it from tmobile and it shut itself down and doesnt want to turn back on so my dad had to take out the battery and put it back in to get it to work again and he only had the phone for less than a week s omy dad returned the phone and got a diferent phone

• 2011-08-08 04:36
  • 7yV7

why my g2x heats up so much?, i have to turn it off several times a day, how i can fix that? and the battery life last just about 3 hours

• 2011-08-04 00:37
  • I4Zv

> In reply to pgon @ 2011-07-28 23:32 from FvL3 - click to readYes I'm not happy with new camera either but phone is doing great just minor freezes

• 2011-07-31 15:47
  • YiTu

I bought mine and have been using it on Wind in Canada, and it's been fine. I only messed up by doing the 2.3 update through the LG Update software (I agree, I dont like the camera app, and it has a bug while flicking through the camera settings...it wont stop till it hits the end) I do wish the battery life was longer, but again this is a dual-core phone. All in all still an awesome phone.

• 2011-07-31 03:00
  • kDiH

> In reply to XFinest @ 2011-07-09 18:55 from 4Lbj - click to readT-Mo (U.S.) just started rolling out the update to 2.3 You can go to your settings >about phone >software update and do the update OTA instead of waiting for the notice. Be aware that the camera app gets replaced (w/c I'm not particularly happy).

• 2011-07-28 23:32
  • FvL3

The phones been working flawlessly for me, (bought in canada from Wind Mobile) No call drops, late texts. I am not even having hardware issues like others. Ive had it a week so far no screen bleeding or reboots. The only thing is if you are using it intensively with both 3g and wifi on at the same time while charging from outlet (not usb on pc) it will heat up a bit. But this can be easily prevented.

• 2011-07-15 03:09
  • q}Hq

I got mine on the launch date and it is nothing but troubles. I exchanged mine a couple times and still had problems like battery heating up after used, reboot by itself, network reset by itself causing drop call never had this problem with any other phone for the past 20 yrs of using cell phone, the worst one is the virtual keyboard keep messing up whenever i input something, the other side receiving a totally different set of number than the numbers I input on my end. The last time I call tech support, they said they will not sure if I will get a new G2x if I exchange again since there are more G2x on the market now, I might end up with a refurbished one??????? what the hell, I am not paying for something new so I can exchange for something used bc the product did not work the way it supposed to. They even charged my account for another G2x when it is suppose to be a replacement for the one did not work. I am still this date calling tmobile customer care to getting this fixed bc they keep saying they will make a case and investigate. Now I am stuck with a useless piece of shxt that will update "AROUND THE END OF THE WORLD CORNER" accordiing to tmobile customer care. Sorry tmobile but I don't think I will ever resign my contract again. For all of you who looking to buy this phone, forget about it, don't waste your time. And for those who looking to sign up with tmobile, please do yourself a favor to sign up with other carrier so you don't have to piss off in the future and waste your time typing up something like what i am doing now. Peace, I feel so much better now!

• 2011-07-13 02:54
  • 4Lbj

Does anyone know when will they come out the update to android 2.3 for this phone? I had this piece of shxt since they first came out and had so many problems with it. I exchanged 3 times already and still had problems and tmobile rep said that those problems won't fixed until the new 2.3 update come out for this phone.

• 2011-07-09 18:55
  • 4Lbj

> In reply to Uncle D @ 2011-06-03 23:08 from 4kVx - click to readMan, you have no idea what you are talking about. Dual core phones are supposed to be more efficient and use LESS battery. No, you should not have to root your phone to get better battery life. I got a brand new sim card with my G2x and still have data issues. The sim card is NOT the problem. The PHONE is the problem. The G2x is plagued with so many bugs, it's not even funny. Anything from wifi/cell data fighting for control, wifi not working at all, GPS not working, battery life indicator is not accurate, phone shuts off or reboots for no reason, signal going from 3-4 bars of 4g to no signal without moving the phone, signal indicator not being accurate... you get the idea. The handling of this phone from launch to the 2.3 update has been epically screwed up by T-Mobile and LG.
Also, if you are going to rep. T-Mobile and say you work for them, learn to type properly. Trying to read your comment gave me a headache.

• 2011-07-03 20:06
  • 4GTk

wat is live t.v...do we have topay extrax service for that....

• 2011-07-02 23:00
  • kM0q

I got a Nugent power extended battery now I don't worry about battery life

• 2011-06-30 18:23
  • jBuQ
Total of 227 user reviews and opinions for T-Mobile G2x.