T-Mobile MDA Vario IV and Compact IV: First Look
Since the MDA Compact Vario IV doesn't have an announced HTC counterpart it's much more interesting for the general audience. HTC brought only three units to the press conference and at first we hardly could get to them. Here are the specifications. Both the HTC TyTN II and the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 have one fierce competitor here.
MDA Vario IV at a glance:
- General: GSM 900/1800/1900 MHz, UMTS 900/2100 MHz, GPRS/EDGE class 12, HSDPA 7.2 Mbps
- Dimensions: 103 x 52 x 18 mm, 158 g
- Display: 2.8-inch 65K color TFT touchscreen, VGA resolution (480 x 640 pixels)
- Keyboard: Full QWERTY sliding keyboard
- Processor: Qualcomm MSM 7201A, 528MHz CPU
- Memory: 256 MB RAM, 512 MB ROM, microSD memory card slot
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
- Internet browser: Opera Mobile 9.5 browser
- Camera: 3.2 megapixel autofocus
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 2.0 with A2DP, Wi-Fi, USB, GPS receiver
- Battery: Li-Ion 1 340 mAh
- Packaging: MDA Vario IV, 2 styluses, stereo headset, battery, charger, USB cable, case, CD-ROM with software and manual, printed manual
The design of the Vario IV is obviously borrowed from the Compact IV. In fact when viewed straight on it's even hard to recognize which one has the QWERTY keyboard. However the MDA Vario IV doesn't have the Diamond-shaped back as the HTC Touch Diamond.