T-Mobile myTouch 3G - user opinions and reviews

T-Mobile

7.0
6.9
6.4

Hi, i need help. I have a broken 8900 black berry and my phone insurance dont have one to send me but, they ask me if i wanted MYTOUCH phone . i dont know nothing on this phone. I run a business from my 8900. i just think that my touch would fit my 16 year old kid, not a business man. can any body help me, tell me if this phone would work for me.

• 2009-10-29 00:53
  • k7Pg

Well this phone is good i just dont like the battery in it its weak..cant use it for a whole day using the browser. And its a little bit slow compared to iphone maybe bring up the ram from 198mb to 256 or more it gets a bit laggy on 3d games..but and it cant play flash videos on the web.but i heard flash player 10 will be comming soon..but overall i love the phone it has a better feel than the iphone..overall 4 stars

• 2009-10-07 23:55
  • Rbq1

I really liked my myTouch 3G at first. Overall it's not a bad phone, but it isn't perfect.

First problem I had was two days after I bought the phone and the sound went out. Phone didn't ring and couldn't listen to music. Then I got my second myTouch 3G and the volume when talking on the phone suddenly decreased to the point that I couldn't talk on the phone without using speakerphone. On my third phone now...

A few minor issues I had: Camera had no flash, could not forward text messages and wallpapers were a nuisance to apply to phone b/c of sizing issues.

Other than that, I really liked the phone. Great apps, great maps, great internet browsing and great features.

Overall, I'd give the phone a 7.5 out of 10.

• 2009-10-05 22:46
  • q824

It looks fantastic. Wonder how much it costs.

• 2009-10-02 16:26
  • 4}d$

> In reply to Derek @ 2009-09-17 20:39 from YHJr - click to readNo carrier, at least in my mind, would frown upon their customers using their device as a modem.

However, there might be some stability issues on their 3G network that could cause tethering to not work or, at worst, cause an outage (data side).

From what I know, you can surf the web on Tmo's 3G network at 3G speeds until you hit 10MB(?) dl and you are then reduced to EDGE speeds for the remainder of your billing period. This is for both surfing on the phone or tethering.

• 2009-09-29 19:16
  • 43fr

> In reply to kung @ 2009-09-11 03:23 from Rs0j - click to readYes You Can!!! I use cyanogenmod rom on my touch and downloaded a tether software a runs perfect. Connects via Wifi. I canceled my internet provider. Saved money!

• 2009-09-20 04:39
  • j}Ee

> In reply to kung @ 2009-09-11 03:23 from Rs0j - click to readIts called tethering, t-mobile frowns upon it and may block you if you use it. Its also much slower to use via pc.

• 2009-09-17 20:39
  • YHJr

i don't know what's the correct word for it but can mytouch be use as a modem to connect to internet from home pc?

• 2009-09-11 03:23
  • Rs0j

Hi, does any one has this problem with their mytouch? When I use menu-setting-apps-manage app- to delete/uninstall an app, after it's uninstalled, when it try to load back to the page that has all the apps, it will keep on loading.... I have to press back to the setting to start over again? it's it because I have too much apps? but I dont have that many apps at all!!!

• 2009-09-05 05:39
  • qQ9u

> In reply to ELOVEN @ 2009-08-25 09:22 from 4S2G - click to readtrue ture

• 2009-09-04 14:25
  • 2S%@

Someone asked about HTC HERO for att but unfortunately gsmarena put wrong info about frequency and htc hero will not support 3g service on att but you can edge services and as for north America htc hero will come on sprint network end of October or November and im working for htc and i want guarantee you htc hero 3h will not work on att and on the gsmarena mentioned 850 and 1900 for USA which is that is totally INCORRECT AND HTC HERO WILL NOT SUPPORT THOSE FREQUENCIES which its mention on gsmarena for USA network . sorry about this bad news.

• 2009-08-25 09:22
  • 4S2G
  • F

> In reply to thisMAIN EVENT @ 2009-08-16 08:29 from 4H2m - click to readyou can always download a third party keyboard software to change the keyboard

• 2009-08-24 20:12
  • xmdf

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-08-17 20:50 from 4mE5 - click to readGot it. Thank you!!

• 2009-08-17 22:15
  • QH@L

> In reply to Aaron @ 2009-08-16 18:03 from YHqG - click to readYou are correct.
That will utilize the AT&T 3G network. Tmobile US uses a 1700 (primary)/2100 (secondary) which is not the same 2100 the european markets use so be very careful when you see 2100.

• 2009-08-17 20:50
  • 4mE5

> In reply to Aaron @ 2009-08-16 17:45 from YHqG - click to readOh and also, take, for example the HTC Hero which is listed here as having a 3G Network capability of "HSDPA 850 / 1900 - American version". So, does that mean that it can be used with AT&T US but not T-Mobile US? Guessing that is the case since I see that the iPhone has a 3G Network capability of "HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100". Can someone who knows for sure confirm this?

• 2009-08-16 18:03
  • YHqG

Hey all, perhaps a stupid question but I've been wondering about this for a long time. Is the only 3G band supported by T-Mobile US (or in the US generally) the 1700 band?? So, for example, I have a Nokia N82 and it only has the 2100 band so does that mean I can't use 3G with T-Mobile US (or any US providers)? I'm pretty sure the answer is YES (unfortunately) but I'm hoping someone can tell me definitively. Thanks!

• 2009-08-16 17:45
  • YHqG

i like the phone,however...the battery drains too quick.keybord is a little crampy ,should have 2 key qwerty keyboard instead of 1 button key...good phone worth the money

• 2009-08-16 08:29
  • 4H2m

I don't know why but T-Mobile USA always has crappy phones. This phone may seem cool but I think it still sucks. Unfortunately, if I buy an unlocked 3g phone, it doesn't have a 1700Mhz 3g. I'm tired of phones. I think it is going to take few more years when phones can actually have an internet just like you have it on home computers.

• 2009-08-16 05:35
  • 4TEH

PhoneNUTZ- Youre review is the only thing that is "meh". So you went into a store and played with the phone, and this rant follows? Lets get some reviews/comments from real phone professionals or at least a couple myTouch owners.

I happen to be both ;)

This phone is miles ahead of the only other Android phone in the US (G1). The battery life is amazing, and comparing the speed of the 2 devices also favors the myTouch. Trackball is personal preference and IMO the bigger one is a better navigation tool. Now I cant speak for the corp email, but if thats what you need your device for, then buy WINMO. Enjoy playing solitaire.

The Good- The case that this phone comes with is sweet. Gives you a nice durable way to transport and protect your device, charger, headphones, usb, drugs, etc. Also, even though the processor is the same as the G1, the myTouch substantially faster. Plus its so sexy...

The Bad- Camera still sucks, no flash, and yes the keyboard is a pain in the ass, BUT IT DOESNT FREEZE! At least mine doesnt. It will take some getting used to but doesnt any new phone?

Overall this phone is one of the best available here in the states. Now if you need a keyboard or email attachments it may not be for you, but if you want a nice device with the best OS available, in a sleek design (which are both cuzstomizable) then this is the one.

P.S. AT&T PLEASE PUT OUT AN ANDROID PHONE with 8mp cam and flash!

• 2009-08-15 17:43
  • jj42

So I went to play with the myTouch and asked some of T-Mo's employees 'What's wrong with the phone?' and I got an answer twice, the keyboard freezes. Not a good thing to have for heavy texters. Also the keyboard is rather small and cramped in the vertical mode. Horizontal is pretty nice but still I would rather have a real keyboard for security that I can type.

Another thing on the phone is the track ball, it is rather BIG. When I say big I mean the size of the Sidekick ID's trackball. Old school Blackberry style, in fact, actually it would be bigger. This trackball is going to have some color changing problems really quickly.

The phone is rather small and nicely equipped with Android but it just seems like the phone lags up a bit. I expected more from a 528 processor but it seems it's not running full speed. I had some problems with it recognizing my touch also...weird.

As for the corporate email people, you don't want it with the myTouch. You can't open the attachments or sync up your contacts. That's not what we're looking for Android..fix it! No calendar sync unless through Google, good move fellows!

All in all, the phone is just a meh. Not a fantastic battery life but it gets the job done, not an amazing build but it's slimmer than the G1. Just too many things missing in this phone that should be better on the Hero.

Hero come save us!!!
illworld.zdr@gmail.com

• 2009-08-14 21:16
  • 0gJu
Total of 348 user reviews and opinions for T-Mobile myTouch 3G.