T-Mobile myTouch 3G - user opinions and reviews

T-Mobile

7.0
6.9
6.4

Someone asked about HTC HERO for att but unfortunately gsmarena put wrong info about frequency and htc hero will not support 3g service on att but you can edge services and as for north America htc hero will come on sprint network end of October or November and im working for htc and i want guarantee you htc hero 3h will not work on att and on the gsmarena mentioned 850 and 1900 for USA which is that is totally INCORRECT AND HTC HERO WILL NOT SUPPORT THOSE FREQUENCIES which its mention on gsmarena for USA network . sorry about this bad news.

• 2009-08-25 09:22
  • 4S2G
  • F

> In reply to thisMAIN EVENT @ 2009-08-16 08:29 from 4H2m - click to readyou can always download a third party keyboard software to change the keyboard

• 2009-08-24 20:12
  • xmdf

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-08-17 20:50 from 4mE5 - click to readGot it. Thank you!!

• 2009-08-17 22:15
  • QH@L

> In reply to Aaron @ 2009-08-16 18:03 from YHqG - click to readYou are correct.
That will utilize the AT&T 3G network. Tmobile US uses a 1700 (primary)/2100 (secondary) which is not the same 2100 the european markets use so be very careful when you see 2100.

• 2009-08-17 20:50
  • 4mE5

> In reply to Aaron @ 2009-08-16 17:45 from YHqG - click to readOh and also, take, for example the HTC Hero which is listed here as having a 3G Network capability of "HSDPA 850 / 1900 - American version". So, does that mean that it can be used with AT&T US but not T-Mobile US? Guessing that is the case since I see that the iPhone has a 3G Network capability of "HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100". Can someone who knows for sure confirm this?

• 2009-08-16 18:03
  • YHqG

Hey all, perhaps a stupid question but I've been wondering about this for a long time. Is the only 3G band supported by T-Mobile US (or in the US generally) the 1700 band?? So, for example, I have a Nokia N82 and it only has the 2100 band so does that mean I can't use 3G with T-Mobile US (or any US providers)? I'm pretty sure the answer is YES (unfortunately) but I'm hoping someone can tell me definitively. Thanks!

• 2009-08-16 17:45
  • YHqG

i like the phone,however...the battery drains too quick.keybord is a little crampy ,should have 2 key qwerty keyboard instead of 1 button key...good phone worth the money

• 2009-08-16 08:29
  • 4H2m

I don't know why but T-Mobile USA always has crappy phones. This phone may seem cool but I think it still sucks. Unfortunately, if I buy an unlocked 3g phone, it doesn't have a 1700Mhz 3g. I'm tired of phones. I think it is going to take few more years when phones can actually have an internet just like you have it on home computers.

• 2009-08-16 05:35
  • 4TEH

PhoneNUTZ- Youre review is the only thing that is "meh". So you went into a store and played with the phone, and this rant follows? Lets get some reviews/comments from real phone professionals or at least a couple myTouch owners.

I happen to be both ;)

This phone is miles ahead of the only other Android phone in the US (G1). The battery life is amazing, and comparing the speed of the 2 devices also favors the myTouch. Trackball is personal preference and IMO the bigger one is a better navigation tool. Now I cant speak for the corp email, but if thats what you need your device for, then buy WINMO. Enjoy playing solitaire.

The Good- The case that this phone comes with is sweet. Gives you a nice durable way to transport and protect your device, charger, headphones, usb, drugs, etc. Also, even though the processor is the same as the G1, the myTouch substantially faster. Plus its so sexy...

The Bad- Camera still sucks, no flash, and yes the keyboard is a pain in the ass, BUT IT DOESNT FREEZE! At least mine doesnt. It will take some getting used to but doesnt any new phone?

Overall this phone is one of the best available here in the states. Now if you need a keyboard or email attachments it may not be for you, but if you want a nice device with the best OS available, in a sleek design (which are both cuzstomizable) then this is the one.

P.S. AT&T PLEASE PUT OUT AN ANDROID PHONE with 8mp cam and flash!

• 2009-08-15 17:43
  • jj42

So I went to play with the myTouch and asked some of T-Mo's employees 'What's wrong with the phone?' and I got an answer twice, the keyboard freezes. Not a good thing to have for heavy texters. Also the keyboard is rather small and cramped in the vertical mode. Horizontal is pretty nice but still I would rather have a real keyboard for security that I can type.

Another thing on the phone is the track ball, it is rather BIG. When I say big I mean the size of the Sidekick ID's trackball. Old school Blackberry style, in fact, actually it would be bigger. This trackball is going to have some color changing problems really quickly.

The phone is rather small and nicely equipped with Android but it just seems like the phone lags up a bit. I expected more from a 528 processor but it seems it's not running full speed. I had some problems with it recognizing my touch also...weird.

As for the corporate email people, you don't want it with the myTouch. You can't open the attachments or sync up your contacts. That's not what we're looking for Android..fix it! No calendar sync unless through Google, good move fellows!

All in all, the phone is just a meh. Not a fantastic battery life but it gets the job done, not an amazing build but it's slimmer than the G1. Just too many things missing in this phone that should be better on the Hero.

Hero come save us!!!
illworld.zdr@gmail.com

• 2009-08-14 21:16
  • 0gJu

has anyone ever experience having to 'force close' your apps on this phone? It happens to me quite often. Please lemme know, thanks ^&^

• 2009-08-13 19:39
  • jT4n

I realize you can't open email attachments unless it's open in your GMAIL account. Does anybody else have the same problem?

• 2009-08-11 22:36
  • jT4n

Played with this phone at the store and the touch keyboard was very very laggy (like almost 2 seconds) before the letter i typed appeared on the screen. This was even with predictive text turned off. The accelerometer only working to the left blows. Not impressed with the screen resolution all that much. Overall I think the Samsung I7500 leaves this one behind. Camera quality was decent to my surprise!

• 2009-08-10 04:47
  • Y9H4

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-08-06 02:02 from k2tv - click to readthe phone it self no, but there is a cover that allows you to attach a lanyard to it

• 2009-08-08 17:28
  • 9AtZ

there is an app that's call qik that let you share live videos but I have found yet an app for video call

• 2009-08-08 17:24
  • 9AtZ

so can anyone verify if the mytouch is the 192 or 288

• 2009-08-08 05:20
  • qJhU

Phone works great, Im an Iphone user for 3 years now and this phone really puts a dent in the iphone. 1st the reponse on the touch screen is fast and furious. The UI reacts to every touch but not overly. As for the apps included, nothing more needed. The option to just plug in to PC and drag and drop music, videos and more is fantastic unlike the itunes prison that jails the iphone. Speaker Volume speak loudly of a phone on the rise, as for other phones like the iphone where the speaker is very low this phone rocks.
User friendly and very ergonomic. Feels great in the hand and one handed use is very easy. As for the integration with Google, that was very Impressive, I entered my email and password and whala I was synced with all my contacts and emails and calendars. No cables to contect or sync tools to download and best of all no itunes. I can manage my music right from the screen and creat my own playlist on the run. Try that with an iphone. Oh, and the ad for iphone where they have an app for that, well lets just say this phone has 2 apps for every that iphone has, 6000 plus and counting. My friends this is the phone for a long time to come. Get it Enjoy it and live it. And if your not with Tmobile get it anyway, unlocked. Youll have fun!!!!

• 2009-08-07 19:49
  • qA9F

it says that there is videocalling on the my touch.... can anyone tell me how to use it

• 2009-08-07 04:09
  • 4Lbq

Does the mytouch have a lanyard hole

• 2009-08-06 02:02
  • k2tv

will wait for hero to come....

• 2009-08-05 23:34
  • T1an
Total of 338 user reviews and opinions for T-Mobile myTouch 3G.