T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide - user opinions and reviews

T-Mobile

7.1
7.2
7.2

> In reply to just me @ 2012-05-14 17:32 from k@uD - click to readno it doesn't have HDMI but u can use RCA Cable as HDMI its same thing. here is http://www.hdeshop.com/3.5mm-1...03SJKH1W.htm

• 2012-05-30 01:22
  • 49xm

hello. does this phone has an HDMI out? thanks.

• 2012-05-14 17:32
  • k@uD

hi guys,i realy like dis phn i wnt 2 buy it,but den i want 2 knw hw fast its 2 net and does it dwlod ful video frm net also does it suport opera mini,i ned a reply pls tanks.

• 2012-05-08 21:16
  • ftVg

excelent this mobil, i recomend this cellphone.one of the more things i like this phone is the long battery life.

• 2012-04-21 07:30
  • 8xcH

Guys where can I buy it please? prefer unlocked version for UK

• 2012-04-07 01:09
  • 3iRj

Great phone , rooted it put ICS 5.3 by undead at rootzwiki.com good battery life . pictures could be better for 8mp and 1080 respectively . I wont be giving this one up for a while

• 2012-03-18 00:45
  • jMxv

> In reply to jdmasfuge @ 2012-01-26 05:30 from RbXp - click to readWhere did you buy this mobile? I want to buy it too

• 2012-02-23 14:12
  • U21t

htc is such a idiot they should have released this phone globaly istead they realeased for tm they forced me to buy xperia pro

• 2012-02-17 16:25
  • rJdK

I have this phone best phone I had yet and I also compared camberas with the iphone 4s and I think the mytouch has a better cambera...

• 2012-01-26 05:30
  • RbXp

this mobile is a bluetooth considered?

• 2012-01-20 03:34
  • vwes

+1 on Desire Z replacement

• 2012-01-07 14:16
  • YgA}

hi! i loved this phone i didnt get it yet but my brother has it. i believe that its the best i like androids with a key board big texter! and a touch i also like.. very nice camera. 8gb and a long battery hour. it also has a voice command system.

• 2012-01-04 06:14
  • YHYa

i have the G2 and i adore it
but its getting old and i want to upgrade it
this phone is the only one that looks good enough
since i use the optical trackpad a LOT! so i can't buy a phone that doesn't have it
should i buy this phone?

• 2011-12-20 05:55
  • nYTu

Except for the absolutely crap battery life, I love this phone. It's the perfect replacement for my trusty Desire Z.

• 2011-12-14 14:53
  • ijJ3

I've had this phone and the G2 and my wife has the myTouch 3G slide. This phone probably has a slight edge over the 3G slide, but the G2 is a much better phone all around.

The WiFi hotspot works with the G2 -- it doesn't with the 4G slide.

The G2 doesn't crash, the 4G slide, like the 3G slide, crashes every couple weeks.

The G2 has a relatively clean software install, while the 4G slide and 3G slide has some awful mods to the base Android.

All have pretty bad battery life out of the box. The 4G slide has an advantage here because the high capacity after market batteries are about $15 rather than $50 for the Sanyo battery for the G2 and 3G slide.

The 4G slide advertisements and even some reviews talk about how fast the camera is. It is extremely slow in high res mode and on par with the G2 in low res mode. The cameras are fine as point-n-click cameras, but the small sensor and lens mean the extra mega-pixels in high res mode are wasted anyway.

All have decent keyboards, but they are no G1 keyboards.

The 4G slide feels a little snappier than the G2, as you would expect from the specs; but this in no way makes up for its deficiencies with respect to the G2.

The 4G slide may be a little better than the 3G slide overall, but unless you have a real problem with the keyboard pop-out mechanism on the G2 go with that one and save yourself some headaches.

• 2011-11-03 21:38
  • qbA6

loved my HTC touchpro 2 3g, which was Windows Mobile. Not loving the Droid experience on the MyTouch 4G slide, tho it did come with 2.3.4 Honeycomb. Not user friendly so far; especially trying to type in URLs without arrow keys; although it is supposed to do a cursor focus like an iPad when I press and hold, instead it opens a different menu. I can't see all notifications such as missed calls at a glance. The 8 MP camera takes great photos, but there seems to be no menu options for sending them via email or Facebook. Facebook seemed to be either trying to import all my Friends to contacts or trying to ask me to choose friends to send to while I was trying to upload a photo. Email and other apps crash often, and reporting an incident is a time-consuming chore requiring 3-4 clicks to agree to user agreement first, each time. Keyboard--the reason I chose this phone--is a disappointment. HTC should have retained the dedicated 5th number row, and keys are oddly hard to reach with my somewhat small hands--tho I forget that I now have two alt keys. I miss arrow keys for fixing typos (I don't think the cursor rocker button acts that way), and the keys are too slippery, set too flat and also unresponsive, so that it is hard to tell whether you have hit it hard enough. Should I have gone with the Motorola droid 3? I'll still keep it over an iPhone or iPad any day tho.

• 2011-11-02 17:38
  • yv72

what's up with the tiny display

• 2011-10-28 02:04
  • eftB

> In reply to mancimfcfan @ 2011-09-12 19:08 from 39yv - click to readTechnically speaking yes it has the capiblities to work worldwide. But you will need to have it unlocked.

• 2011-10-10 06:33
  • Yad4

> In reply to mancimfcfan @ 2011-09-12 19:08 from 39yv - click to readIt seems a nice phone. I am gonna gift it to my sis. and yes it is a gsm phone will work in europe, asia and America

• 2011-10-04 03:54
  • kBxm
Total of 89 user reviews and opinions for T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide.