T-Mobile Prism - user opinions and reviews

T-Mobile

5.6
4.8
5.0

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-11-05 23:16 from fsTy - click to readYes, it supports 3G (HSDPA) as well as 2g (GSM/EDGE).

• 2014-02-10 01:07
  • Y6hJ

does this phone support 3g

• 2013-11-05 23:16
  • fsTy

This phone was good enough for me since it was my first smart phone. Inexpensive and I could finally use apps. I quickly realized its features were lacking. It has no flash so you can't take pictures at night. Internal memory is very limited. Certain apps will only install onto the phone, not the SD card. So you can't use a lot of apps. The phone is sometimes slow.

I wished I had spent the extra money for a better phone but since it was my smart phone I was ok with it.

• 2013-10-26 19:35
  • Im{x

The phone sucks bigtime. Space is a major issue. I want to get rid of this phone and get another one. I can't even update WhatsApp application, says insufficient memory. I have a SD card of 2GB which is empty. Please dont make the same mistake I did. and if u still want ot buy I will sell mine at a lower price than available in market

• 2013-10-13 20:42
  • YcRX

This phone is useless. I will not recommend anybody to buy it regardless of the budget their in. The camera sucks, there is not enough memory on it, there aren't a lot of apps that will download properly and it freezes everyday. Its a cheaper phone for a reason so don't buy it. I've had it for about a year and a half and I am going to buy a windows or galaxy next month.

• 2013-09-23 04:46
  • IA9f

I want to active the 3g network on my phone

• 2013-08-29 05:34
  • jLCn

the space suck on this phone,phone always a crash. a no, no for me

• 2013-08-18 05:57
  • Q$NX

I've had this phone for a year. I bought because I was on a budget, and I regret it to this very day. I rely on my phone for just about everything: communication, internet, school, gaming, music, etc. The camera is next-to-useless and some of my little sister's cheap electronic toys have a better microphone. With an antequated version of Android, there are many apps that don't work, and after so having it for such a long time with only 1 kernel update, I doubt they'll ever update the OS. There are also, as mentioned, tons of pre-installed apps that can't be uninstalled. When I connected to Wi-Fi--the range on the receiver is awful at best--they started downloading updates left and right, and before I knew it, the internal memory was full, and there's no way to move preinstalled apps onto the SD card. The screen has a low resolution and poor color quality, but the capacitive glass is just about the only good thing on this phone. The body is of an okay thickness, but the back cover will start sliding off really easily with prolonged use. Gameplay on the phone is terrible. Even simple 2D games have trouble running, so I stick with my iPod Touch for games. Battery life is about average for a smartphone. It'll last longer over Wi-Fi.

Bottom-line, this phone will get the job done, but at the end of the day, it's mediocre, underpowered, and feels like it was never designed to run Android. Now with the Prism II out, there is no reason whatsoever to get this phone.

• 2013-08-09 07:40
  • 0hyJ

Its a pretty good starter phone. But it does have its problems, it comes with a lot of preloaded apps you don't need and can't remove, the camera takes poor pictures, and some apps can't be downloaded since its an old OS. If you can root it and install your own ROM, you can fix all those problems.

• 2013-07-17 07:35
  • 0c%N

Just got it as a backup phone. Reminds me of a old Mytouch OG. I put a task manager on it. Did not update the apps but did update the software when I got it. Second day on it hope it works good. Just using it as a cheap mp3 player and music streamer.

• 2013-06-21 11:26
  • 7FrM

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-06-05 22:15 from q8kD - click to readjust send as a text mssg but use the emal address for the phone #

• 2013-06-15 23:33
  • 4IVh

how do I email to a home computer email from my prism tks

• 2013-06-05 22:15
  • q8kD

Great, no cliches, it's my starter phone, I love it.

• 2013-06-03 02:39
  • 4skP

I absolutely hate this phone. It gets suck more than not, the camera is horribe and the memory is so low. I am a texter therefore send a lot of long text only to find it wont go through because it got stuck and I have to turn it off and back on causing me to lose the long text I just typed. Horrible.

• 2013-05-29 17:20
  • Q9WD

> In reply to odosky @ 2013-05-26 23:32 from Q@}M - click to readYes, XDA Devolpers & ROM Manager from Google Store.

• 2013-05-28 01:28
  • YHvU

Can I root this phone? Please i need reply. Thanks

• 2013-05-26 23:32
  • Q@}M

This phone really isn't great. The memory is so terrible that I can't even install updates on the programs the phone came with, let alone load any apps! The camera sucks, too. And MMS? Most of the time the phone won't let me download them or send them. Really disappointed. Not worth the money I spent. If I had known about all these problems, I would have gotten something else.

• 2013-05-23 18:15
  • GiL9

It think the battery sucks too much and it's very bad. Aside from that I recommend this phone to you out there that it's a good phone, you just have to take very good care of it and it will last for you.

• 2013-05-20 12:39
  • fuvy

My problem with this phone is the SDcard, things downloaded can not be save automatically on the SDcard. And it's very bad u need to see to it.

• 2013-05-20 12:32
  • fuvy

Don't buy this phone it sucks!!! Its camera is all jacked up ands it doesn't have good resolution .. if I could afford a better phone iwould get one but this shit sucks

• 2013-05-16 01:35
  • I0wf
Total of 33 user reviews and opinions for T-Mobile Prism.