Toshiba G810 - user opinions and reviews

Toshiba

6.7
6.6
6.6

hi i have mobile toshibag810.good mobile feactures n all is good bt some time doing prob. in number display...i suggest think about other mobile...

• 2010-07-03 07:22
  • ut4c

> In reply to terry @ 2009-10-13 10:29 from tV35 - click to readDear Terry, thank you for your post on Toshiba G810: it really relieved my doubts as far as I and my brother have just ordered two G810 at once. Also please tell us whether you have had the same problems like this one: "I have had a lot of problems with the actual phone portion of this phone. You wonder why no one has called all day, you try to make a call and although the rest of the device works (games, player, word etc) work fine, the phone function has locked up! When you reboot you find you have 50 missed calls and texts! I have gone back to my sony K810i as a phone and just use the Toshiba as an ebook reader. The hardware is excellent but it has one major fault - it runs a Microsoft operating system." (It is one of the posts). And if you did how did you then solved them? Thank you!

• 2010-07-02 06:48
  • JG96

hai anybody...
recently my phone give me a small prob.
there's no information from caller when receiving incoming call..no number or name appear in the screen (normaly it's working good), only 'Incoming Call' word pop-up...

• 2010-05-04 04:58
  • UqmF

i want to change chinese language to english. i don't know how to do it. if anybody know it, please help me.

• 2010-04-25 04:34
  • tS7K

i bought this phone for only 3 mths the LCD crack without any drop when i ask about the warranty the seller tell there is no warranty for LCD , i can't find any shop in place (Sarawak) selling the LCD pls assist

• 2010-04-02 11:37
  • ibjf

> In reply to grey_area @ 2010-02-18 18:45 from n%RM - click to readI am totlaly agreed with yoru comment. The reception of this phone is very poor. It freqently search for coverage.

• 2010-02-22 22:56
  • PP4I

I have had alot of problems with the actual phone portion of this phone. You wonder why no one has called all day, you try to make a call and although the rest of the device works (games, player, word etc) work fine, the phone function has locked up! When you reboot you find you have 50 missed calls and texts! I have gone back to my sony K810i as a phone and just use the Toshiba as an ebook reader. The hardware is excellent but it has one major fault - it runs a Microsoft operating system.

• 2010-02-18 18:45
  • n%RM

It's kind of a cool 4ne.

• 2010-02-12 19:42
  • fuD6

its a great phone ebay its cheap to buy have fun with it its for the tech guys only

• 2010-01-26 04:18
  • bax9

power supply 240v or 110v, pls advise

• 2010-01-09 08:58
  • 2InJ

I want to ask you where can I buy one and ship it to Bosnia and Herzegowina.... plzzz i need a answer... this is a greeat phone

• 2009-12-11 12:44
  • M%VT

> In reply to Crys @ 2009-11-07 10:00 from p32x - click to readAs I heard, Navilux is iGO version of software for Toshiba phones.

• 2009-11-14 19:02
  • puyx

I received this device from a friend in Spain and did not have any GPS software installed on the card. I realized that the problem is not actually the installation, it installs correctly but the problem is that does not start. Someone told me that would be dedicated to work only with NAVILUX, but I have seen users on various forums that say they iGO works perfectly. It was like someone here on this site wrote that installed iGO and it works perfectly. If you know something about this problem please help me!!!

• 2009-11-07 10:00
  • p32x

> In reply to Crys @ 2009-11-05 11:20 from p32x - click to readHello Crys. What I can tell you is that I got original card with maps when I bought this phone. In manual (from iGO), it says that (backup reasons) it is neccessery to copy all files from original memory card to hard disc drive. But, when I copied that files (from hdd) to another memory card and put it inside phone I could not start NAVILUX (IGO) software. Maybe you should write to them at: http://www.mynavilux.com/examp..._support.php

Greetings. Dusko

• 2009-11-07 07:41
  • puyx

I tried to install igo on the device and fail. I copied IGO8 files on the memory card and inserted into the device when it asks me if I want to install i press "yes" and start installing. Loading bar installation until end once and this is it, nothing else. IGO icon appears in programs such as installed but when I start nothing happens. I tried different versions of IGO and all the same problem (i tried with miomaps same problem). I tried these versions of GPS on an Asus P320 and goes perfectly. (here, on Asus P320, are several steps installation not only one)

Does anyone know who would be the problem?
Please help!!!

• 2009-11-05 11:20
  • p32x

Well, what can I say. I bought it for a song, half the price of HTC Cruise 09, and it has almost all the functions that I need.

Yah, if you use the phone for five minutes, like wifi, it gets slightly hot. But compared to my Motorola 3Vi, it is not as hot. Just a minor problem with slim phones. The touch screen is a bit less sensitive, so you need to put more pressure with the built in stylus, and you need to be precise as well. Battery life is OK if you are not continuously using 3g. Just imagine, if you were to design a phone that has that many functions, and squeezing it in a slim form like the 810, you will be very lucky to do it right. For Toshiba to make this 'SLIM BEAUTY' work as well as those from HTC and Nokia, they must be highly commended since they have not been a prolific like others. I installed the Garmin map and it worked wonderfully with very fast satellite locking. Maps are quite detailed and for once, GPS does worked as claimed.

I loved the form factor most. Just the right size. Slipping into and out of the pocket gives you a nice feeling, quite unlike those bulky Blackberries. However, the TOS 810 can't handle too many running programs simultaneously, so have unused programs properly closed. Can't blame it as it only has a 400 MHz processor. But then, its battery life is good, even can last 4 days on standby.

Overall, if anyone need a WinMo set on the cheap, this is the set to go for. It has almost everything, and more! Why go for those big branded types that can only go half as far. Get this one before it runs out of stock. You won't regret it!

• 2009-10-13 10:29
  • tV35

Also, it restarts very often:-(.

• 2009-10-08 21:08
  • 3IUD

do you need a simcard to use this phone? or can you use this even without a sim?

• 2009-09-05 07:12
  • uSVQ

> In reply to Hassan @ 2009-08-30 06:05 from j019 - click to readThe 1st day when I used it a lot, it was hot too. But later it will be ok.

• 2009-09-04 22:45
  • 3ITZ
Total of 156 user reviews and opinions for Toshiba G810.