Toshiba Thrive - user opinions and reviews

Toshiba

6.8
6.9
6.8

got mine christmas 2011. I dont use it much these days because most of the apps crash, yahoo mostly but also many games wont perform once downloaded (flashing and crashing or goes straight to black after some use) is anyone else having similar problems?
I called Toshiba since my tablet is out of warranty I had to pay for help. I was leary but worth a shot. They charged $39.95 to do a system reset!! thats it! no trouble shooting, no real tech support for $40!!

• 2015-01-05 19:24
  • qNdY

Does the Toshiba Regza AT 300 tab supports viber??

• 2014-10-29 06:36
  • iwpx

How do i call on my tabletplease help me

• 2014-09-17 06:13
  • q5tY

I can not get the sim place •How can I get it??????????

• 2014-02-18 09:51
  • fvJR

> In reply to thrivingdray121 @ 2013-12-04 06:40 from 7CBk - click to readSame here.. its annoying when some tablets don't have the right version to get certain apps or can't do certain actions. I have had mine the same amount as you

• 2014-02-15 17:43
  • IAAu

> In reply to Sausten @ 2012-11-11 18:48 from nUgT - click to readit does evidently dont pass the toshiba sign

• 2014-02-15 17:21
  • j09k

Great tab... I have virtually forgotten my lap top.. With the USB I access all my data thru an external hard disk.. Two years + and still going strong. I only wish Toshiba enables Android upgrade...

• 2013-12-27 14:17
  • utFw

I have had no problems with my thrive at all. Only thing I can ask for is update from ICS to jellybean 4.2 or the new KitKat 4.4 have had this tablet for two years this Xmas.

• 2013-12-04 06:40
  • 7CBk

The tablet is my main device. I can use it as a laptop with a Bluetooth keyboard case.

the 1Ghz processor is great , doesn't lag hardly ever.

also , GSMarena the device can be officially updated
up to Android 4.0 not 3.2.

there is a USB port that is fully functional
for Keyboard/Mouse and can charge phones too.

Never had a problem. My screen is cracked
but the touchscreen still works great!

Even though the tablet is from 2011
it is well-spec'd and great.

• 2013-11-21 20:14
  • 4CTX

I have owned the Thrive tablet since Oct. 2011. This machine has virtually replaced my laptop. If the speakers are the WORST complaint about this product, I would have to say that Toshiba hit a home run in android power and performance. Thrive can do anything that Apple can do, for less money. Sure I had to wait for the ICS update, but it did not interfere with MY LIFE. Listening and reading all of the complaints about media in general makes me feel I'll. We need to be more thankful and in awe of what we HAVE not what we think we are OWED in life. I grew up in the 60's man and this Internet stuff is rockin' so shut up hater's and start thinking and talking positive. Have faith in imagination and be grateful you can read this post! Aloha. Crystal

• 2013-04-16 15:00
  • k}t5

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-12-05 16:52 from YY3H - click to readso sad ,u dont knw dat, ha ha ha

• 2013-01-24 18:12
  • tUdx

> In reply to Sausten @ 2012-11-11 18:48 from nUgT - click to readya i do have the same prblum ....
formt ua cell phone once .....

• 2013-01-24 18:06
  • tUdx

How do I use the calling

• 2012-12-05 16:52
  • YY3H

I love this tablet but am wondering if anyone else has had the problem I'm having with it. For some reason any music i copy to the device becomes fragmented and choppy when played back. Anyone else had this issue?

• 2012-11-11 18:48
  • nUgT

is this tab wil support Windows 8??

• 2012-10-31 08:20
  • HxeM

> In reply to Alx24 @ 2012-08-15 16:24 from T6aq - click to readhow and from where i can upgrade my thrive to ics??
also please tell me if it got slow or having any other issues after the upgradation??? please ur asistances required.

• 2012-10-15 14:42
  • PAm7

> In reply to T @ 2012-07-25 23:11 from q9k4 - click to readyou will have to power off the Thrive and power it back on to get it to recognized the SD card

• 2012-09-07 22:21
  • DV5$

> In reply to sujiai @ 2012-08-12 23:02 from Xp2H - click to readWow Ice Cream Sandwich has rescued my tablet! Honestly I was disappointed when I first got it as a 3.0 device then it was upgraded to 3.2 and it was worst! but a week ago 4.0 update came up and literally change my Android experience the booting time is extremely faster and the functionality of my tablet is a lot better I am happy to have bought this item now and a Toshiba which really stands by its quality name.

• 2012-08-15 16:24
  • T6aq

Ice cream sandwich has landed and it made my thrive like brand new. Its much more fast, the screen seems to have gotten better and there's a difference in sound quality, better I suppose but then again I always use head phones.

• 2012-08-12 23:02
  • Xp2H

> In reply to Amit Dubey @ 2011-12-26 12:47 from tU3q - click to readYa go radio shack an get full usb adpter lol an get net cable adpter hook to full usb an get cat6. Net cable lol an ur all gude

• 2012-08-09 09:23
  • kB6H
Total of 80 user reviews and opinions for Toshiba Thrive.