Toshiba Thrive - user opinions and reviews

Toshiba

6.8
6.9
6.8

> In reply to Ashley delavane @ 2011-07-13 16:44 from kWYu - click to readI can't get the device to read and SD card or external. That was the only reason I bought it. Total waste of money.

• 2012-07-25 23:11
  • q9k4

Possibly this is toshiba's worst ever device..not sticking to any of the features provided. I have been using it for 6 months now and it seemed a complete waste of money. USB not working as expected,Touch has been really dreadfull and lot more to list. Apart from that Toshiba failed to get ICS on thrive as that they have been promising from a longtime...

• 2012-07-20 10:33
  • vG$j

Correction: It does NOT have IPS screen.

Screen quality is very good but not with perfect viewing angles like an IPS screen !!

Overall, I like and use daily... Shame there are not very good cases for Thrive.

• 2012-06-29 11:14
  • n7UD
  • F

just saw this on a different website saying its gonna run on ICS not honeycomb

• 2012-05-25 14:00
  • 9E70

When will you come out with an automobile power adapter like all other phones and tablets for the at100?

• 2012-05-02 04:41
  • kWZx

> In reply to JOORA @ 2011-09-12 11:58 from PVef - click to readI bought a USB internet device from clear.com and apparently the tablet has no options to connect to it under the wireless and networks settings tab so it appears thermo, these devices aren't compatible with this tablet:-(

• 2012-04-30 02:50
  • kCH@

> In reply to sparky @ 2012-03-24 03:46 from qaPJ - click to readeeer, i think you just need to calibrate your touch screen

• 2012-04-17 21:20
  • th6j

> In reply to Alip900 @ 2011-06-03 18:48 from Ld0N - click to readI spent a ton off money on my Thoshiba Thrive because it is horrible to use. The touch screen is really bad. We have to always click above what we want to actually select. To explain better I have to touch the screen 1/8 to 1/4 above any button or text i want to select. Because of this selecting to copy and paste is a nightmare and selecting words I'm trying to change in a sentence is almost impossible. Using headphones is frustrating on the Thrive as the volume is so low. I wish I'd bought an iPadthis is so bad. Trying to get the cursoir between the words iPadthis in the last sentence is impossible. I'm really sorry I wasted the money.

• 2012-03-24 03:46
  • qaPJ

Here it is .. folk's. I went out an got the ( THRIVE ) 32GB from best buy in Minot N.D.! I think this was the best thing I've spent good money on in the past year 1/2..! I'll just say this.. My thrive as helped me in so many ways! I really don't know how I've ever gottin bye without it.. the knowledge an application's right there when you need it. Without haven to carry around a bunch of adapters to plug it in to almost anything, .. because of the components it has already.

• 2012-03-09 11:11
  • kJ{4

> In reply to Muhamad Farhan Hanif @ 2012-01-19 17:27 from KI1L - click to readin the US this bad boy is $399.99 for the 16gb model

• 2012-02-06 22:30
  • R9XE
  • Muhamad Farhan Hanif
  • Rating0

I wanna know the price of this gadget in US Dollars [8gb] or in irish Euro...........Thanx in Advanced!

• 2012-01-19 17:27
  • KI1L

iam not like this phone ,,,,

• 2012-01-15 13:32
  • 2ZHu

> In reply to sujiai @ 2012-01-07 13:53 from Xp2e - click to readCorrection:-) apparently the file manager has issues reading the memory car but the media player gallery and the video library can access the memory card, however writing on the card still is a problem, other than that I love the Toshiba thrive tablet! Its fantastic!

• 2012-01-08 09:10

• 2012-01-08 09:06
  • Xp2e

Anyone having problems using a sd memory card? Got a 16gig the thrive won't write and read it, keeps saying files are corrupted. I love this tablet but my memory card don't wanna work.

• 2012-01-07 13:53
  • Xp2e

> In reply to seaman @ 2011-12-27 02:01 from tRVH - click to readToshiba Thrive is definitely one of the best tablets in terms of price,battery replacement,and the ports available. However, I'm not sure if Toshiba has resolved the issue of 'sleep and reboot'. The company had promised an update(s) for this early in July.

• 2012-01-02 15:58
  • n2Ke

that is great ! i want to have one for me! how much money do it have ??? i think it is very expensive!

• 2011-12-27 02:01
  • tRVH

I need to be connected to internet even when i m not in wi-fi zone. I am currently in India, mobile service providers give USB based internet connectivity.
Is it possible to get connected to internet through USB port.
Please advice

• 2011-12-26 12:47
  • tU3q

Using a Thrive to post this review. Love this tablet, bought a new Toshiba laptop about a month ago,and read reviews on tablets, this is the best. Now Toshiba needs to make a phone maybe include that with their 2nd gen tablets.

• 2011-11-30 00:27
  • Is$8

I have the THRIVE 16gb..wanto to ask a question that can i use USB 3G internet device wiith this.. i tried but failed as it not reconized ".exe"b type of file, so i can 't installed the 3G USB software to use that device... if there is any way then please let me know .. it will make my life much easier..

• 2011-10-25 11:32
  • F6b$
Total of 79 user reviews and opinions for Toshiba Thrive.