Toshiba TS803 - user opinions and reviews

Toshiba

6.8
7.0
7.0

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2008-05-12 16:35 from v0Xx - click to readSorry Links did not work for me - got a 404 error, tried 2 different PC and OS but not going anywhere.
I was given this phone and as I travel to Japan frequentley to visit my daughter and grandchildren, I would love it to work, and also be able to get the Japanese English dictionary?
Can you help please.
Regards
Janina
PS, You have a fabulous, helpful site

• 2008-12-25 23:38
  • tJq3

hi people im having a problem with my phone i cant transfer music file to frm pc the after i completel paste the song in the memory card after that when i remove frm pc phone show up with an message that file transfer is canecl wht to do plzzz help me out here mira_mrj@hotmail.com

• 2008-12-17 10:24
  • PAXH

pressing * still does not do anything.....btw.....my model unti is 803T....

pls....help me.....my cp does not have space......

• 2008-10-27 17:17
  • w0PK

Correction in my previous reply:
"""Transfer Music or Images""" in place of songs or music

• 2008-10-24 06:50
  • tESj

> In reply to Kawsar @ 2008-09-29 08:58 from PRN$ - click to readYou can either use normal USB bluetooth device or USB cable to connect this phone with PC and use it as a modem. Both works fine. Install driver first. Then attatch cable with PC. Now in your phone's menu, go to Settings >>> Connectivity >>> USB >>> Data Transfer. Now your phone acts as a modem. You can't copy songs or music in this mode. Select "Music Transfer" mode to do these. You can't browse in "Music transfer" mode.

• 2008-10-24 06:45
  • tESj

> In reply to mark @ 2008-10-23 17:56 from w0PK - click to readMost probably you are in T9 input mode. Just press and hold * button for a few seconds to switch to normal input mode. Press 0 for space.

• 2008-10-24 06:38
  • tESj

i have a problem on this regarding on text messaging.....

it has no space.....

can anyone help me???

• 2008-10-23 17:56
  • w0PK

i ordered this phone online and its already on its way does anyone know if there's a beatengine thats compatible with windows vista?

• 2008-10-01 01:29
  • PSvW

How can I use this cell phone as computer Modem.
What types of Blue Tooth is necessary for this set.

• 2008-09-29 08:58
  • PRN$
  • Shovon, Dhaka, Bangl
  • Rating0

For the model Toshiba TS803 you no need use 'Beat Engine' to copy MP3 files in it. But for the model Toshiba 803T you must've to use 'Beat Engine'. To work with 'Beat Engine' just make sure your self phone number stored in your 803t's "my details" in it's contacts is the same as in the number stored in 'beat engine' software.

• 2008-09-05 17:18
  • tESj

Anyone tried more than 512MB of Mini SD card with it? I need to know... Thanks in advance.

• 2008-09-05 17:13

English version of "Beat Engine" download link:

• 2008-08-29 19:45
  • uNVy

This mobile's factory default password is "0000". You can change it from menu Settings >> Security Settings >>

• 2008-08-29 19:43
  • uNVy

Those who are having problem while trying to enable Bluetooth, and receiving message like "Unlock your phone before...", just do the following:

1. In your phone menu, go to Setting >> Security Settings >> Phone Lock >> here make sure all the lock options are "off". Now you'll be able to turn on Bluetooth. Thanks.

• 2008-08-29 19:37
  • uNVy

Free Vodafone Toshiba TS803 USB driver download (English version with connectivity software):
Link: http://gphone.toshiba.co.jp/ut...e_v11422.zip

Easy way to play MP3:
1. Format your SD card first using your Toshiba TS803

2. Do not use ‘Beat Engine’ software to transfer music, because it’ll encrypt your MP3 files and if you change SIM, you will no longer be able to play those songs. Also it'll no longer be in "MP3" format so that you won't be able to play it in another device.

3. Now after connecting USB cable, go to the menu Settings >> Connectivity >> USB >> and here select “Music transfer mode” in your mobile. Now you’ll see a new drive in “My Computer” in your PC.

4. Go to that drive, and go to the folder like “M:\PRIVATE\VODAFONE\My Items\Sounds & Ringtones”. And here is the most important trick… that is DO NOT create any folder under a folder in it. That is you can create a folder named “John Denver” under the folder “Sounds & Ringtones”… but DO NOT create any folder under “John Denver” folder. Only you can put MP3 files under “John Denver” folder.

5. You can create another folder named “George Michel” under “Sounds & Ringtones” folder. Just copy and paste MP3 files in it. Nothing else. And so on. IF YOU PUT ANY MP3 FILES OTHER THAN UNDER THE FOLDER “Sounds & Ringtones”, YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO PLAY IT. This is the trick. Also make sure your mp3 file’s bit stream is not more than 192kbps. Hope this will solve your problem.

• 2008-08-29 16:28
  • uNVy

I badly need USB driver for Toshiba TS803. Here I see some links but those are invalid. Please someone post a valid link. Thanks in advance.

• 2008-08-27 09:04
  • vQ1x
  • rafiyaaps@yahoo.com
  • Rating0

my toshiba ts803 works with me 13 months. but now it faces some software problem.it does not open.when i press on, it open and then off again.if anyone can solve this or give me software for this, i will pay for this.
plz, plz, plz,its urjent. help me

• 2008-08-25 20:38
  • t5$e

help i cant play mp3s on my phone ts803,,

email:elito_buela@yahoo.com

plsssss.help me..pls..pls..

• 2008-08-23 09:42
  • PEH%

only DB_ERR i see when i turn on my fone what i supose to do to use it again?

• 2008-08-10 11:24
  • P@cs

it always helps to read the manual.

• 2008-08-06 07:15
  • RxVs
Total of 190 user reviews and opinions for Toshiba TS803.