Toshiba TS921 - user opinions and reviews

Toshiba

6.3
6.4
6.2

I bought this phone recently (it is a vodafone 902t from japan), and I agree that as far as functionality and features are concerned, i had a good deal (I got them at 7k php with 1gb sd card, all the manuals, the cradle, charger, utility tools, tv out, headset, and box all in japanese characters). one thing's missing, usb cable. anyway, what i found out GOOD on this phone is it's cam and vid features.

As I was reading every user's opinion with regard to this phone, I hate the fact that it is not mp3 capable (if you disagree, i'll be happy to take your advice on how to play mp3s on this phone). I tried one of the advice here wherein u need to transfer them to ur SD card, but unfortunately, my fone cant read'em. One thing I would like to ask all of you ppl, "if i'm going to convert an mp3 to a 3gp file, does the sound quality will be affected also? and is it guaranteed that it'll work fine? if so, where can I get an mp3->3gp/amr converter software? which quality is better, amr or 3gp?" Another thing i noticed...i love the fact that you can browse internet using its 3g features but, everytime i download stuff it says "contents error." why is it so? Does it have to do with its settings? (I am from cavite...Smart line) Google's fine, as of the other sites like yahoo, or even smart's homepage, it says "contents error."

so...two things i need help:
- mp3to3gp or amr extension
- browsing

i'll be open for your advices, comments, suggestions, or even reaction if there is..
u can text me 0921 9291183 or email me at hiei_64@yahoo.com

thanks! ^_^

• 2007-02-03 07:52
  • PF7w

Hello there, i'm also from the Philippines. I also have the same problem regarding data cable and charger for my unit. Could you send me the address or location where I can buy what I need? Hope to hear from you soon. Big thanks!

• 2007-01-30 09:56
  • PRQP

How to see the firmware version in Toshiba mobile

• 2007-01-17 07:35
  • 2WYi

It can play mp3 and videos!

Just convert it in 3gp format then put it in the SD CARD and voila!

• 2007-01-12 12:58
  • whA1

Questions:
1) Can u assign lower MB (eg. 500KB size) MP3 as your ringtone?
2) Because its under Vodafone, can you receive data via Bluetooth?
3) Can MP3/video/pictures be easily uploaded/downloaded via SD card through a card reader?

Please, i need these information URGENT!

• 2006-12-26 03:45
  • ngZw

I'm very sad and despair about it, My 903T phone can't play mp3 songs.

• 2006-12-18 18:30
  • ULZC

Hi Me zillur from Bangladesh. Recently I am using this set TS921. It's really an excellent set. New user please read the catalouge carafully. You will learn many things. Mp3 song is running good and photo is like digital cam. same like Nokia N70. One thing I am missing here, No Fm Radio is not avilable in this set. The Black colour one is really attractive. If anyone need any help email to me. I will try to help anyone. Thank you.

• 2006-12-05 22:20
  • P@UD

My inquiry is about my toshiba phone vodafone 902t or ts921. Recently I encounter a problem with it. I was sending a text message or SMS when my phone automatically turn off and when I turned it on the screen just displayed the message DB_ERR and now I can't use it anymore. Every time that I turned it on it just displayed that message. Can anyone help me with this problem. To whom cam I address this problem here in the Phiippines.Please do send me reply through my e-mail address.

Thank you very much.

• 2006-11-16 13:05
  • 2Am2

i also need to be able to download a manual and the music converter. is that beat engine? can anybody help me? thanks!

• 2006-11-05 00:11
  • PEGY

i'm from the philippines as well. i read your concerns. i also need to buy a data cable and i haven't been able to download any music. can anyone help me?

• 2006-11-05 00:08
  • PEGY

i got this fon 3 weeks ago from my sister in japan..i cant play mp3 nor wav file songs..only amr file. sad to say the quality of amr songs arent dat good! is thre a way for me to play mp3 songs?
where can i purchase the usb cable for these fon and the beat engine software as well? my sis left it n japan..i only got the extra battery, and charger..grr..

hannah_me from the philippines davao city

• 2006-10-31 12:42
  • w0QM

thanks god that it is not only i that i have some problem with toshiba fone i really cant play mp3 file with it and i also cant save large video files. last thing can anyone help me sole my problem with my contact list it seems that i cant arrange my phonebook alphabetically can anyone help me with this. thanks!!!!!

• 2006-09-24 07:59
  • wu4K

dear all my lovely frens,

should i buy this phone, coz now getting a good promotion from my fren.
can anybody help me ?

• 2006-08-31 10:31
  • R57w

I have a toshiba 902t. But I can't send and received via bluetooth. And I cannot play mp3 files, wav files and wma files. Someone told me that I must change the firmware software of my phone so that the phone will perfectly works. Is there anyone know where I can get this firmware software of my 902t?

• 2006-07-17 05:29
  • Pxj1

2 a2yd : sorry i shud make the point dat 902t n ts921 is a lil bit different cos the japanese version doesnt support mp3 playback . only the 903t or newer does . n no1 had yet solved dis problem

• 2006-05-24 23:30
  • nyFc

they shud all be the same 1 beat engine, so it shud work on al toshiba fone, but if not , try n auct 1 from ebay or yahoo auction hk or jp as there r many sellers

• 2006-05-24 23:27
  • nyFc
  • oi (i am a2something
  • Rating0

thank you so much for the info! i really appreciate it, now, ill just need to try it out as soon as i get an sd card hehe... am actually using an mmc card for now from my brother, funny thing cause it works for the pics and some vids... but oddly it cannot transfer music files, is this normal? i mean, is that the difference between the 2? and regarding the beat engine software, sadly i left my cd somewhere very far (abroad actually), can you tell me where i can get one? i was able to download a japanese version but from the few english words that are readable from it, it says beat engine for v502t, 604t... can i use this? thanks a lot! thankyou thank you! (sorry for my grammar, im from the philippines)

• 2006-05-23 22:19
  • RKn}

to BB
Well I'm pretty happy with my phone, I mean it was a pretty cheap price for the technology I was getting, but again everything seemed to be lock, but I also didn't get the "beat engine" software so I have to wait for my lil brother to buy his 803t or 904t to get it, grrrr. Don't know why this model isn't that popular, it not the greatest looking phone but for the price and for what your getting, it equivelent to the sharp 902 at about half of the price. Probably one of the most under rated and underground phone there is.

• 2006-05-21 22:33
  • a25C

2 a2dy again : if u really want dis fone , y dont u get an unlocked japanese version of V903T online via ebay or yahoo auction ? V903T looks the same but a lil'bit cooler , also more features

• 2006-05-21 14:48
  • nyF1

2 a2yd : sorry 2 disappoint u ... there is noway dat u can flash de firmware, as the fact dat dis isnt a popular model, so nobody wil do it 4 u n u cant really do anything about it now

2 those who wants to put mp3 : if ur ts921 comes wit a cd-rom "beat-engine" then u jus simply follow the steps instal dat program n u can add in mp3 2 ur sd card easily , the other way is to use sd adaptor thru usb n connect 2 ur pc n u wil see a new drive , u wd need 2 format it first , then copy n paste the mp3 songs in2 dis folder (PRIVATE / VODAFONE / MyItems /Sounds & Ringtones) ... dis works wit the japanese version so the eu version ts921 shud work as wel

• 2006-05-21 14:45
  • nyF1
Total of 107 user reviews and opinions for Toshiba TS921.