Vertu Ascent - user opinions and reviews

Vertu

6.9
6.3
6.4

hey i drive a bentley continental gt buying a vertu is not a big thing for me , but whai i reckon is vertu is rip off i keep nokia 8800

• 2006-10-28 22:36
  • iwqt

Everyone keeps yapping how they hate or love this forasken Vertu. I love this mobile gadget, because I have it as one of my mobile collection fetish! However the fact maybe, this phone suck donkeyballs. I just use it to show off that I am talking to someone at club so a girl can notice my impotance, but it does no good to me. If you drive a Mercedes or Bentley buy it to increase your penile size, but If you drive Hyundai or an Opel, please buy something that's not more than your automobile sticker price..... I am using this phone to poke at females so far my luck is not doing so well in that department

• 2006-10-21 20:51
  • 4ntR

if you like it and can afford it then buy it, whats it got to do with anybody else.

• 2006-10-13 23:21
  • mmS8

hi there tech junkies!! my mate has jus purchased a phone like this...and hes really regretting it now! haha! dont buy!!!!

• 2006-10-10 04:52
  • my{a

Like I said on previous statement the phone is a good luxury phone for the people who really donít give a care about technology, and are not mobile tech geeks, and just like owning or driving a luxury automobile, this phone fits the tier or luxury items for discerning taste. The phone however in the US wireless arena; this phone provides the best concierge with its private concierge 411 you can get world wide from Vertu. As a agent for a media firm, I have used this phone and its concierge service by far hands down is the best world wide. I have used this for almost 4 years now as a company phone and it has paid off. No break up calls here. Clear and easy platform. Not allot of gadgets implemented on this platform. Simple and elegant, like Bentley GT Continental. Like a Rolex or fine jewelry watch this phone will never depreciate. But like I said, I own this phone as a work phone to contact my clients and that all I use it for otherwise the phone I would recommend for a day to day phone is Nokia n70. Itís one the best next to Virtue. Virtue is just used for 411 concierges not technology. Trust me Virtue is only recognizable when someone knows Luxury and about this brand, otherwise itís not a magnet for attention. I got more attention using a Samsung d500 at a club in Hollywood from a celebrity client of mine than that of the Virtue 3 years ago. Virtue reminds me of Nokia 2110 series when Cell phone first came out, everyone recognize you, but seriously, I would not recommend it, be practical and use a phone you can afford.

• 2006-10-10 02:19
  • 4ntR

I have this phone courtesy of my employer who insist of his employees owning one for the sake of our clientele. To tell you the truth it is a good phone, but the US mark up is ridiculous, and the technology is 4 years old. It has no features in comparison with it's cheaper siblings, and other features all that significantly make this phone stand out,is it's design. Otherwise don't buy it

• 2006-10-10 01:45

• 2006-09-30 19:09
  • UDNg

hahahhahaha, u guy debate about vertu is too expensive, look at this "black diamond" $300.000 us ,..http://www.vipn.ch/

• 2006-09-30 10:38
  • UDN7

I'm reading the postings here and thinking what a load of trash! Everyone bragging about owning this, having that and justifying their ownership of the Virtue. I can bet none of you have even seen it. Let me tell you one thing you obviously don't know about the rich: they doi not brag about their wealth or justify their expenditure.

• 2006-09-20 11:35
  • MpQ{

why cant i buy a vertu phone for sin$7900? when people here in singapore are paying >sin1 million for a small house,1 million for a ferrari,$30,000 for a japanese breed koi, $10,000 for arowana, $8000 for a luohan fish??? so you still think i m crazy???I love my vertu.

• 2006-09-19 06:39
  • TREP

i owned a mercedes coupe,a landed 3 storey house,couple of watches-rolex daytona,panerais,iwc. But never have i get so much attention whenever i use my vertu in public, since i bought it a year ago, till now the value doesnt drop, whereas B4,i used to change phones frequently and look at those depreciation and the money i lost.

• 2006-09-19 06:34
  • TREP

So I have read some comments. The post "The same old story" comes into focus.
Now let's see if this phone is the same old thing.
This phone may not deserve as much as credit as some people think, but I do not for one moment, think this phone isn't the value for its money. You say there are other "alternatives" in the market.
Of course there are. Of course there are much cheaper, feature packed handsets waiting to be fuddled and used around. But this phone has character, its own characteristics and style.
If you say, "NO, this phone doesn't deserve to be that expensive, it's not worth for its money." Then, are you a person who'd rather shop from Primark, Asda and Hyper Value rather than La Coste or DG? Because mark my words, those 'cheaper' shops do have clothes of similar quality. So I believe the Vertu and the other feature-packed phones, are similar comparison to clothes, shoes, watches, and everything else we buy.

• 2006-09-11 16:59
  • iIR0

I got my Vertu Acent in brown leather about 1 month ago and love it. I used to have a O2 XDA IIs which was a phone with all the bells and whistles. I thought I wouldnt like it as it doesnt have many features. No camera, no games, no music. But what it lacks in features is makes in style. Its amazing to look at and hold. Quite heavy but then you know its down to the quality of materials.

A serious talking point whereever I go. People are amazed by it, and even more amazed when they hold. There is no logical reason to own this phone, but thats the same with any luxury items.

The concierge service is exellant. Went out a few weekends ago to Central London, 17 people in total. Called them up at 7:30 to tell them to book us a table at Maroush Knightsbridge for 8pm! Summer time in London on a Saturday night and normally the restaurants would tell you no. That place was not available for 17 people but vertu automatically booked us in another Maroush on Edgeware Road and called me back to tell me. Hows that for service!

The only down side is that the wife liked it so much she wanted one of her own. So last week I bought her the Ascent in Pink which is a special edition colour.

Starting price is £2900 which includes concierge for 1 year. I'll probably keep this for about 3 years now, and judging by the quality it will probably last! Worth every penny.

• 2006-08-23 14:48
  • nHAQ

Well Peter... Having the money to buy a nice Maserati, a Yacht, a nice house at the mediteranean sea shore, why wouldn't you buy a Vertu. At least you have the best!

teeeep

• 2006-08-17 18:26
  • Mn$W

You really would have to be incredibly dumb to spend that much money on a technologically out of step phone as this. Hello..? Anyone in there?

If a Vertu fell over in your Porsche Cayenne, would anyone care?

• 2006-08-17 18:04
  • mBAD

Not a bad nokia copy and if you are comfortable with the price good for you and what is more you can use it as collateroll when you go bankrupt it may well save your buisness lol Build quality and workmanship count for a lot but i believe there are limits

C Ya

• 2006-08-10 18:20
  • iIR0
  • Daniel Von Dan Helde
  • Rating0

hey hey hey... why are you jealous that people buy the ascent but you don't speak about those people that buy Frank Muller watches ( Ä1'000'000 minimum) or those who buy the new Mercedes S65 AMG? To tell you the truth, i know it's an expensive phone.
Vertu just brought out three different limited editions... Azure, Pink and White. I got the Pink Ascent for my girlfriend and guess what... SHE LOVES IT! i got my self the White Edition, really nice. Simple, but so cool. 4Gs for "a" phone, so, yeah, it is expensive, but it it worth it!

• 2006-08-07 17:30
  • Mn$j

can anyone tell me the display color on this phone

• 2006-08-02 08:44
  • jKrA

I just bought a Ascent and love my phone! Nobody uses, wap, 3g and all those crazy extras. On the vertu you can call, send sms's and for the most complicated people you can recieve and send emails. In my opinon it looks even better then the signature! Why buy a rolex when you can buy a vertu? A rolex will tell you time, but a vertu will tell you time and let you call people :)

• 2006-07-01 14:17
  • MwGs

I purchased this phone via the Chamber of Commerce on a special deal £200 off. I like the phone very much.

I have the Silverstone Limited Edition version. It reminds me of the gentlemans era of F1.

My friend Pertulia dislikes the phone altogether questioning it's relevance for the price. But I think one gains more pleasure from possesion that many things in life. I own this phone as it was available and so too was the money.

The concierge option is excellent. I used it once to test it's worth. When I went to Monte Carlo last week, my daughter Mia-Alicia used it to ask which number to place last chip on, they laughed and said put it on Even. IT DID! - She doubled her money and brought her own.

Excellent phone. Don't be ashamed to buy it and have people put you down. It makes me happy to own it, it will with you too.

• 2006-06-30 16:19
  • M3s@
Total of 203 user reviews and opinions for Vertu Ascent.