The MWC 2016 welcomed another much-hyped flagship. Xiaomi VP Hugo Bara was the one to introduce the Mi 5 alongside a beefed-up 64GB model and the exclusive ceramic version called the Mi 5 Pro.
We also caught the Xiaomi Mi 4s, an upgrade of the popular Mi 4c.
The Xiaomi Mi 5 will be available in three different editions: the basic 32GB model, an enhanced 64GB flavor with faster processing, and an exclusive ceramic back edition with a whopping 128GB of storage, a more potent processor, and 4GB of RAM.
Xiaomi Mi 5 (32GB) at a glance:
- Form factor: Metal and glass body
- Screen: 5.15" IPS 1080p display (428ppi)
- Camera: 16MP Sony IMX298 sensor, f/2.0, phase-detection AF, 4-axis optical image stabilization, pixel-to-pixel isolation; 4MP front camera with 2Ám pixel size
- Chipset: Snapdragon 820: Kryo CPU @ 1.8 GHz, Adreno 530 @ 510MHz, 3GB RAM @ 1333MHz
- Storage: 32GB UFS 2.0
- Connectivity: Optional dual-SIM; LTE Cat.12; NF; Infrared blaster; USB Type-C connector
- Battery: 3,000 mAh; Quick Charge 3.0
- Software: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 7.0
Xiaomi Mi 5 64GB edition over Xiaomi Mi 5 (32GB):
- Chipset: Snapdragon 820: Kryo CPU @ 2.15 GHz, Adreno 530 @ 624MHz, 3GB RAM @ 1866MHz
- Storage: 64GB UFS 2.0
Xiaomi Mi 5 Pro Edition over Xiaomi Mi 5 (32GB):
- Form factor: Metal and glass body, ceramic back
- Chipset: Snapdragon 820: Kryo CPU @ 2.15 GHz, Adreno 530 @ 624MHz, 4GB RAM @ 1866MHz
- Storage: 128GB UFS 2.0
Now that the specs are officially out, let's get a feel of the phone itself.