I have one of these phones for a few days now(64gb gold from gearbest), moving from note3 after 3 years. Very impressed with it so far.
on the plus side:
- decent battery life, managed to get over 7+ hours screen on time easily
- 4g with three, managed to get over 60mb+ down and 20+ upload
- fullhd screen, medium specs cpu ( 2k/4k display and high power consumption cpu/gpu is overkill )
- solid build, feels premium, very good screen quality
- decent case selection for my needs
- BT distance same if not better than note3 ( tested over 30feet straight line between my jaybird bluebuds X )
- both low and high contrast rates are excellent, can read it in sunlight and dimms down lights in bedtime
- fast wifi, with my 80mb BT infinity was able to do 60mb+ down
- themes and permission control out of the box ( no root required )
- both TSB and lloyds apps working just fine
- fingerprinter reader is working 99% fine
- decent camera for everyday needs ( I have a professional camera kit when needed anything better )
- perfect size for media consumption ( I have fairly large hands ) no issues playing any type of media, or streaming
on the negative side:
- I whish battery life would be just a little longer ( I had a 10000mah battery for my note3, lasted me well over 10+ hours screen time )
- sideways the screen not always registering my finger movement correctly ( only saw it happening in the HUKD app, scrolling over the top deals )
- charging doesn't seems to work with any old/slow charger ( below 1A )
- no NFC ( however this doesn't bug me too much, never used with my previous phone )
I use this device, not as a phone, but as a small tablet. The screen is only slightly smaller than a Google Nexus 7 - but the overall size is considerably more compact. Plus, the battery life is staggeringly good. There is some slight light bleed at the bottom of the phone on bright pages - but is not really a problem in actual use. A great device for media consumption.
Good day all.i am wondering why some commentors here are condemning this phone while comparing it with flagship phones to date..do they know that this phone was made for value for money in mind..
For anyone with this kind of pathetic mind set, go buy yourself a piece of sky rocketing price flagship phones..that is all from me, the proud owner of this good and value for money phablet..thank you..
nightyknight, 26 Jul 2016How poor? I never had problems with that. I think the only way to fix this is to return for wa... moreCamera quality is too low. I'm upset of this phone.Samsung is always better than any other chinis brand.so don't go for mi max those who r thinking to get is.
Shirin, 01 Aug 2016Goood for You! When was it announced in Malaysia ?? Here in India, Mi Max has acute stock sho... moreAt the moment, Mi Max didn't launch in Malaysia officially. I am sure those are imported units.
VT Tan, 31 Jul 2016Yes! Finally 128gb rom and gb ram variant arrived Malaysia at RM1499Goood for You!
When was it announced in Malaysia ?? Here in India, Mi Max has acute stock shortages, 4GB version hasnt been made available for purchase yet ! :(
1 time launched big screen a best specification fab mobile thanks so much mi
Anonymous, 01 Aug 2016wonder it got infra red to control deviceYes, it does have an IR port.
It also has an included "Mi Remote" app.
MemorableStudios, 01 Aug 2016I noticed this as well, for first time using the earphones, when you try increasing the volume... moreWhat is your firmware version? I always get that warning just over half full volume, as with any other phone, but it always appears and can always turn up higher if desired.
Also, I've noticed someone talking about the no quickcharge. Just because it doesn't come with a fast quickcharger (altough it is technically a quick charge 1.0 with it's 5V/2A included), doesn't mean it doesn't support it. I purchased a Qualcomm QC 3.0 Charger by Tronsmart same time as I got this phone. It's MUCH faster and doesn't cost much, $12.
If you require faster charging than the bundled one can, just get a QC 3.0 charger.
Siva, 27 Jul 2016I bought MI Max phone 10 days back and 3 times I have taken this to service center. One of the... moreI noticed this as well, for first time using the earphones, when you try increasing the volume, it might not go higher.. how to solve this is to exit the application you are running, and try using the hardware button and once the prompt appears to "Allow Increasing max vol for headphones" or something like that (cant remember), than you allow it.. i think its a bug that supposed to popup properly., but it does not.. once overcome this, no more problems with the earphones..
Well very good phone . Problem ? Non to date after I use for 1weeks.f fantastic huge screen but light weight . Look like iPhone . Good screen. Good battery big capacity.nice camera.
What to ask more In Malaysia sell RM999(usd250) . Just buy
Marco M, 28 Jul 2016When I installed a freshly formatted (exFAT) 64GB Sandisk Ultra MicroSD card the phone told me... moreI'll just ignore those ppl who said there's volume issue for headphones. By defaults I never encounter this problems.