Android user , 06 Oct 2016HTC Nexus 9 is all most The same hardware, and the same type of processor and RAM size has ... moreHi. Looking into the configuration of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, I think both the versions of Android OS, 32 and 64 bit are open to all mobile manufacturers. The hardware of Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is 32 bit and still it is upgradable to Android M. I think Samsung is giving this upgrade since there are significant amount of left over stocks. Moreover, Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is upgradable only till Android Lollipop.
Android user , 06 Oct 2016HTC Nexus 9 is all most The same hardware, and the same type of processor and RAM size has ... moreHi. For your information the processor of Nexus 9 is 64 bit. But you might ask how Nexus 6 is getting its Android Nougat upgrade, though its processor is 32 bit. Though I am not knowledgeable like the anandtech guy, to my knowledge it is almost impossible to run a 64 bit Operating System on a 32 bit hardware. Google is possibly doing this by modifying the Operating System's Kernal to 32 bit. In other words, what I would like to convey is that there are two versions of their Operating system 32 and 64 bit. Google might be doing this to their line of products to increase their brand image/value. Moreover, I doubt whether their two versions of OS are open to other brands too. Even if they are open, I think other brand manufacturers will not be interested in doing the same since they'll not be interested to increase the life span of their older product line ups.
ronmae, 05 Oct 2016all your problem with mi pad will be solve using MiuiSmoke rom. here is the link http://en.miu... moreThanks a lot buddy, after your suggestion I tried this rom. This is by far THE best rom I have tried. Everything is smooth. Had issue with twrp recovery flash but solved using adb method. Then after flashing this rom, I must say everything is noticeably smoother. I also flashed bloatkill#5, now getting around 1~1.1 gb free ram on idle. Again thanks a lot for mentioning this rom.
Amir, 04 Oct 2016Bought this just 10 hours ago. First thing it asked to update to miui 7.0. All the apps start... morefrom where did you buy that?
i am unable to buy it, have been looking for it since last 3 months
Rishi, 04 Oct 2016Hi those who are on the lookout for a Genuine Official Android upgrade. Xiaomi mi pad 7.9 can'... moreHTC Nexus 9 is all most The same hardware, and the same type of processor and RAM size has received nougat updated
all your problem with mi pad will be solve using MiuiSmoke rom. here is the link http://en.miui.com/thread-235249-1-1.html
Bought this Xiaomi Mi Pad for myself and my girlfriend. We are pretty happy with them. Here are Pros and Cons:
1. Amazing value for money. Probably the best tablet out there within Â€150 price range.
2. 2GB of RAM. Massive advantage, meaning you can use multiple apps or demanding apps without fear of them shutting down due to lack of RAM.
3. Absolutely beautiful high definition screen. We are talking about over 300 pixel density. This is not some cheap display that you would find on other Chinese tablets, this one is premium display compares to what Apple iPads have if not better.
4. Very good camera quality.
5. I personally like that there's a LED beside the camera that tells you how badly baterry is discharged. For example without turning on tablet, by seeing red LED you know that tablet battery is pretty low.
1. Probably the biggest issue of them all is "incompatible with quite a number of popular apps on Google Play store". Meaning you cannot install some popular apps like Instagram on this tablet. This DOES NOT mean that you cannot install Instagram on this tablet. You can't do it through Google Play, but you can still simply download and install Instagram .apk file from the internet, and it will work perfectly fine.
2. Standard UI (User Interface) for some reason causes Google apps icons to look quite weird, which bothered me. I have downloaded a free app on Play Store that is called "Apex Launcher" which changed UI to a more standard Android UI, also which fixed Google icons.
3. No GPS. Doesn't bother me, but may bother some other people.
4. No upgrade to Lollipop. Again doesn't bother me, but might bother other people.
Hi those who are on the lookout for a Genuine Official Android upgrade. Xiaomi mi pad 7.9 can't have its Android upgrade since its CPU is 32 bit where as Android L and its successors are 64 bit.
rj, 02 Oct 2016U can search shopmonk site........its availableIt seems to be a fake ecommerce site
Bought this just 10 hours ago. First thing it asked to update to miui 7.0. All the apps started crashing. Serious Lags. Got fed up and tried to do factory reset with data wipe. Now it's stuck on erase data loop. It's bricked. Gonna return it right away.
It does not have GPS, if you are looking for navigation use it is not the one for you. No Telecom services either, it's good for WiFi only.
Is this tablet good to buy ? any body facing any kind of problem that never fixed?
It's available in UAE carrefour for AED399. MI PAD 64 gb model
3 years now since i've bought the first mi pad, guess what, it's still on android 4.4.4 and xiaomi won't release the kernel source so devs can't make proper custom roms, only unofficial cm11 ports. Even the updates that xiaomi provides are still up to this moment, based on 4.4.4, it says MIUI 8 but it's still android 4.4.4 underneath. they've just added cosmetic changes and additions but still same old buggy implementation of kit-kat
THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU BUY THIS PIECE OF SHIT
Just a little curious, but how does Tegra K1 GPU compare against Adreno 530 and other latest GPU's ?