Found a few more bugs in MIUI v188.8.131.52 MHOMIDL for RN3.
1. VoLTE symbol isn't showing up always..
2. This is an annoying bug. I'm not able to copy or move a 4.61 GB file from the internal storage to the SD Card & USB Storage. Also it's not getting compressed by the default file manager and third party file managers like ES File Explorer. And also not able to send it to other devices via file sharing apps like Shareit and Xender. I tried to download it again directly on the SD card but the download stopped at 4.29 GB. In fact, in all the cases the operation stucks at 4.29 GB. So I guess there is some restrictions on copying and moving files more than 4.29 GB to external storage and also restrictions on compressing and sending files more than 4.29 GB. Due to this bug, I wasted​ lot of my bandwidth..
Awesome device but camera quality was poor suggest me any app for good camera performance tnx
Here's my detailed review of MIUI 184.108.40.206 MHOMIDL on Redmi Note 3 Snapdragon 3GB 32GB after using it for a month.
New Features -
Personal Hotspot -
* Limit of connected devices.
* Blocklist Option.
* Cool New Animation For Task Manager.
* 2 New Wallpapers Added.
* Battery Saver Toggle Added in the notification shade.
* Home screen Settings Option added in settings page within which you can lock home screen layout.
* You can find a new device administrator (Secure Spaces Device Admin) in Device Administrators < in Privacy option < in Additional Settings < Settings.
New Apps -
* Mi Picks application pre-installed.
* RAM Management is pretty much the same. Most of the time getting 1.6 GB to 1.7 GB RAM Free.
Fingerprint Sensor -
* Vibration for fingerprint sensor is disabled. Miss the haptic feedback. But the fingerprint sensor is working more accurately than before.
Music Player -
* Music Player Interface is changed which looks pretty cool to me.
Security App -
* Automated Tasks option added in the security application.
Android Security Patch -
* Security Patch has been updated to February 2017.
Bugs fixed -
1. Call Logs restored automatically after every reboot even if cleared in the previous version (MIUI v220.127.116.11 MHOMIDI). It's been fixed in the new update (MIUI v18.104.22.168 MHOMIDL)
2. All the themes except the default one used to disappear in the previous version (MIUI v22.214.171.124 MHOMIDI). It's been fixed too.
Bugs Remaining -
1. Airtel 4G doesn't work for me most of the time. Earlier in MIUI 7 it used to work fine but in MIUI 8, the network settings were changed so 4G on Airtel doesn't always work. I'm using Jio 4G and Airtel as my first and second SIM cards respectively. Even with Prefer LTE Mode selected on Airtel SIM, it goes to 3G all the time and if manually selecting LTE Only Mode (through tapping 4 times on Settings > About Phone > Internal Memory) it shows "No Service" most of time. The network automatically keeps switching between 4G/3G/2G.
If you remember, in MIUI 7 the second SIM would go to 2G Only Mode if the first SIM was selected for data. Now in MIUI 8, the second SIM goes to 3G most of the time if the first SIM is selected for data. I'm able to use Airtel 4G on other 4G phones without any hassle. MIUI developers needs to sort out this issue by providing options to select Network Mode on both SIMs or maybe restore the MIUI 7 Network Settings.
2. MKV Format Videos (HD Movies) are lagging during playback in the default MIUI Video Player after updating to MIUI 8 update based on Marshmallow and this problem is still there in MIUI 8 v126.96.36.199 MHOMIDL. I've to use VLC Media Player to play MKV Videos.
3. Camera quality is pretty worse in artificial light with high level of noise creeping in. Furthermore when you focus on a subject with the LED Flash, the colours look pleasing on the screen but as soon as you press the shutter button, you end up having a washed out yellowish picture with very low levels of details.
4. Heating issues is more prominent in this update as usual internet browsing is making the phone heat up. It's also summer here so maybe it could be a factor. As long as you use the phone in a cool environment, not an issue.
5. Battery backup seems to have improved but not by much. With 1 SIM card on, I'm getting over 7 hours of screen on time on internet browsing using Chrome. The battery drains faster once it has dropped below 30 percent. Overall, it's still good for a phone like this. My phone has completed a year just a few days ago and still the battery backup is pretty good.
Now just waiting for Redmi Note 5 with Snapdragon 660.
this phone isvery good as copare with all phones similarly the value of price for other phones
this phone is very chief in against of other and such like its very good as a lowest price and
features are also very very good camera is also best with compare to samsung phones .
this phone is very good
FWC, 07 May 2017I have some problems with the touchscreen since last week . Sometimes it responds to my touch ... moreive been xperience about that but just long press off with in 10 secs until reboot.
I have some problems with the touchscreen since last week . Sometimes it responds to my touch but sometimes it doesn't. And the worst thing is it will randomly touch anything when the screen is on and when I'm not touching the screen.Do you guys have any solution for this problem? My phone is running MiUi 188.8.131.52.Thanks!
I have brought this phone 3 months ago, battery is very very good with data connection games videos music calls going on all day, 26hours with it, 2 days without data n video, sound of speaker is very very good n loud, dose not lag at all games like Asphalt morden​ combat 5 nova etc camera u have to little bit compromise, i mean in 12000 u cannot expect iphone 7 60000 camera, 4.5/5 rate.
bought redmi 3 and redmi note 3 the phone is good but the when I speak and change the position automatically mute/hold /re dial /notes will be switched on re set the set and re installed the software and changed the mother board still same problem exist what should I do
Jms, 02 May 2017No need to have unlocked bootloader. I could downgrade the ROM without having unlocked bootloa... moreI already done it but its make the problem (battery drain and overheating) worse. The better way to solve the problem either downgrade to MIUI 8.1.6 ROM or waits for next stable update ROM to fix its.
Neil2.0, 02 May 2017Are you sure we can do this? Bcoz, i have read in some posts that one needs to unlock the boot... moreNo need to have unlocked bootloader. I could downgrade the ROM without having unlocked bootloader. Now I feel there is no need to downgrade. After installing 184.108.40.206, we need to do just a factory data reset (after doing a backup on an external storage). The 220.127.116.11 ROM update is good.
Jms, 28 Apr 2017After facing battery charging, heating and battery drain problems with 18.104.22.168, I downgraded t... moreAre you sure we can do this? Bcoz, i have read in some posts that one needs to unlock the bootloader before downgrading ROM otherwise it may brick yo device.
shadab, 25 Apr 2017Mic not working 22.214.171.124 update is worst Mi UI update sucked my original camera
Anonymous, 01 May 2017any new update to fix this issue of 126.96.36.199To fix the battery drain, charging time and overheating issues with 188.8.131.52 update, we need to back up data and do a factory data reset to wipe all the data. (Settings - Additional settings - Backup & Reset - Factory data reset). This will resolve the problems. The OTA update does not wipe the data and therefore it has to be done manually. It will retain the OTA update of 184.108.40.206. I have tried it and now the phone is working well with 220.127.116.11 update.
Ring voice doesnot work occasionally, needs to be resumed normal by silent button.