DragonFIRE, 12 Apr 2017Fake review.. it doesn't heat up..Not the fake. Lot of user complaint on miui form. Go and get there.
After miui7 started heating issues in this device, dev team not fixing this issue.
Updated to MIUI v126.96.36.199 MHOMIDL Global Stable from v188.8.131.52 MHOMIDI. Here are the bugs and new features.
1. Airtel 4G doesn't work for me most of the time. Earlier in MIUI 7 it used to work fine but in MIUI 8, the network settings were changed so 4G on Airtel doesn't always work. I'm using Jio 4G and Airtel as my first and second SIM cards respectively. Even with Prefer LTE Mode selected on Airtel SIM, it goes to 3G all the time and if manually selecting LTE Only Mode (through tapping 4 times on Settings > About Phone > Internal Memory) it shows "No Service" most of time. The network automatically keeps switching between 4G/3G/2G.
If you remember, in MIUI 7 the second SIM would go to 2G Only Mode if the first SIM was selected for data. Now in MIUI 8, the second SIM goes to 3G most of the time if the first SIM is selected for data. I'm able to use Airtel 4G on other 4G phones without any hassle. MIUI developers needs to sort out this issue by providing options to select Network Mode on both SIMs or maybe restore the MIUI 7 Network Settings.
2. MKV Format Videos (HD Movies) are lagging during playback in the default MIUI Video Player after updating to MIUI 8 update based on Marshmallow and this problem is still there in MIUI 8 v184.108.40.206 MHOMIDL. I've to use VLC Media Player to play MKV Videos.
3. Camera quality is pretty worse in artificial light with high level of noise creeping in. Furthermore when you focus on a subject with the LED Flash, the colours look pleasing on the screen but as soon as you press the shutter button, you end up having a washed out yellowish picture with very low levels of details.
4. GPS isn't working properly. I'll do a factory reset and see if it works fine.
5. Call logs restore automatically after every reboot even if the logs are cleared.
As for battery backup and heating issue, I need to observe it to see any changes. I'll update the post with time.
New Features -
1. Homescreen Settings added in the settings page.
2. Battery Saver Toggle added on the notification panel.
3. Automated Tasks added in Security app.
4. Fingerprint Sensor vibration is gone and I miss it because it served as an indication to me. I liked the haptic feedback of the sensor.
5. RAM Management seems to be improved with more RAM free.
Hope the bugs will be fixed in the next update.
Just bought this phone. Should I update to the latest update or just leave it as it is. Im scared because I see a lot of problems posted here about the updates and problems
DragonFIRE, 12 Apr 2017I miss vibration for fingerprint.. :-(Yes bro! Really missing it.
Anonymous, 11 Apr 2017Its best heater for winter use.Fake review.. it doesn't heat up..
Mikelzkie, 11 Apr 2017And does it add some new features guys?
Pls reply me :)no new features are available in v220.127.116.11
but you can see changes in music app, battery saver is added in notification toggle,etc. No major changes you will notice except performance improvement,smooth and fast ui ,more free ram, good battery backup,etc. than previous version of miui.
Mikelzkie, 11 Apr 2017So is this new update is make the note 3 pro feels better guys? is all the last issues of this... moreYes this update makes redmi note 3 faster and is very nice in comparison to previous version.Vibration is no more for fingerprint sensor.Home screen menu is added in setting so that you can directly change system launcher, you can lock home screen layout.
But .mkv format videos playback is still not fixed in v18.104.22.168
Mikelzkie, 11 Apr 2017And does it add some new features guys? Pls reply me :)I am not hearing ring tone properly because of its low volume. Vibration mode is not helping because it's too less . The speakers are placed on the back of the phone. It better to place on the top. The phone is warming(heating) very fast while chatting and downloading.
So is this new update is make the note 3 pro feels better guys? is all the last issues of this phone fixed it guys?
Pls reply :)
bond07, 11 Apr 2017Go ahead man.don't worry this update is far better than v22.214.171.124 .you will notice the change i... moreThanks for answering.. phone is very responsive.. after rebooting i turned my phone off than on.. so phone working without any problems and also there's no heating issue..
DragonFIRE, 11 Apr 2017Needs more reviews before updating to 126.96.36.199..Go ahead man.don't worry this update is far better than v188.8.131.52 .you will notice the change in performance, faster ui, more available ram. Heating will be exprienced but 2-3 reboot/boot will heal heating issue.but u must leave handset with data connection on for 20-30 min. after upgrade/first boot. Or confirm more in mi community under redmi note 3 section.