After updating my Redmi Note 3 Snapdragon to MIUI v188.8.131.52 MHOMIDI Global Stable, there are a lot of bugs. These bugs are there right from the MIUI 8 (Marshmallow based) Update. I've been observing these bugs from a few months so these are legit bugs affecting my beloved Redmi Note 3. I'd appreciate if someone can post this on MIUI Forum to bring the bugs to their notice.
1. Airtel 4G doesn't work for me most of the time. Earlier in MIUI 7 it used to work fine but in MIUI 8, the network settings were changed so 4G on Airtel doesn't always work. I'm using Jio 4G and Airtel as my first and second SIM cards respectively. Even with Prefer LTE Mode selected on Airtel SIM, it goes to 3G all the time and if manually selecting LTE Only Mode (through tapping 4 times on Settings > About Phone > Internal Memory) it shows "No Service."
If you remember, in MIUI 7 the second SIM would go to 2G Only Mode if the first SIM was selected for data. Now in MIUI 8, the second SIM goes to 3G most of the time if the first SIM is selected for data. I'm able to use Airtel 4G on other 4Ghones without any hassle. MIUI developers needs to sort out this issue by providing options to select Network Mode on both SIMs or maybe restore the MIUI 7 Network Settings.
2. MKV Format Videos (HD Movies) are lagging during playback in the default MIUI Video Player after updating to MIUI 8 update based on Marshmallow and this problem is still there in MIUI 8 V184.108.40.206 MHOMIDI. I've to use VLC Media Player to play MKV Videos.
3. Battery drains really fast. Battery backup is the easiest observed feature, I'm sure you'll have an idea of how long your battery lasts and with every update, the battery backup is the most noticeable difference you can tell. The battery drains very fast on MIUI 8 V220.127.116.11.
4. Heating issue is back. If using 4G or 3G to stream HD Videos on the internet, the phone heats up and the temperature reaches above 45 degree celsius. I would appreciate if Xiaomi can minimize this issue.
5. Camera quality is very, very worse in artificial light. I don't expect the camera to perform like a flagship phone but it should perform at a decent level. The camera quality seems to have further deteriorated after the MIUI 8 v18.104.22.168 MHOMIDI update.
This phone is a champ and probably one of the most powerful smartphones I have ever had. However, the last update to the firmware REALLY jacked up the operation of this bad boy. It will reboot randomly, drop out of programs randomly to the home screen, and finally on occasion mess up the icon/widget layout from page to page. It isn't constantly doing this, which has kept me from smashing it. However, it is seriously irritating when one is involved in a game, messaging, or enjoying any type of multimedia. Phone is the best otherwise...I looking for a way to either go back a release or up to a beta firmware. I can't imagine the latter to be anymore frustrating than where I am at now, but the solace of the previous build is the way I will more than likely go.
Sativa, 18 Mar 2017I am planning to get this phone in a few days. Is this update a specific MIUI update, or is it... moreThe handset itself is very good, other than that little hiccup with the update I've had no problems with it whatsoever.
That being said, the moment it connects to wifi, it WILL download every update it can find, mine updated to Android M in seconds over my wifi connection, it's the update after that you have to be careful of, that's the one that bricked my handset.
I am planning to get this phone in a few days. Is this update a specific MIUI update, or is it an update that will load when I update to the latest Android version available on the note 3.basically,can I update the Android without getting issues?
i have Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 pro prime, very good phone, good processor and display, full metal case and good quality of cellular. the bad camera is only loss.
Went thru quite a bit of grief when that update dropped, but the battery life decrease seems to have stabilised. No longer getting just a single day to a day and half of battery life, will keep updating as the situation progresses
Mi Note 3 my phone is very hanging And bettery Problem ,and Touch Problem,2 speaker off not voice Problem .me buy fon last 2 month ago.
MRG, 17 Mar 2017Camera makes worse photos than Lumia 640 XL DS. MIUI use ~1100 MB of RAM in idle.Yeah, it's true
If you are getting MIUI 22.214.171.124 nighty update,
Please skip it. It has lot of bugs bricked some devices.
Wait for public stable release.
Camera makes worse photos than Lumia 640 XL DS.
MIUI use ~1100 MB of RAM in idle.
Updated to 8.2.1...But charge issue .only 3-4 hours networking​on messenger!!! I want miui7 back.
Shakil, 16 Mar 2017After update to 8.2.1. performance is increased but battery draining very fast.I noticed the same thing, the interface has changed as well.
I received an update to the Os of this phone two days ago which locked me out of my own handset, refused to accept my passcode and subsequently ERASED all the information and settings i had on the device. It took an hour and a half long conversation with a Xiaomi customer rep to get the device unlocked again. The rep was very courteous and helpful, but this should not have happened from downloading a LEGITIMATE update. Also, the battery life seems to have DECREASED since this update occurred.
sangeethan, 16 Mar 2017Still i didn't get updates They have suspended the 8.2 update due to bugs..
Got 8.2 yesterday...cant tell much difference in performance, it was already very smooth, hope it heats less and battery increased. Will update again.
Shakil, 16 Mar 2017After update to 8.2.1. performance is increased but battery draining very fast.Still i didn't get updates