ZTE Avid 4G - user opinions and reviews

ZTE

5.5
5.7
5.6

Been having problems with my Avid for some time now. First one I had I had to get a warranty replacement due to the phone freezing up then locking itself into airplane mode and auto shutting off. Now the second one is showing problems after 10 mos of use. Screen no longer auto rotates despite enabling this setting several times on my phone. Downloads are very slow, even when I do have my allotted data allowance...a typical download of 10-15 MB takes roughly 10-20 mins even with a great 4g signal. Dial pad fades in and out while on calls occasionally making it difficult when calling a service that has an automated menu. I get complaints from people I call that they cannot hear me despite attempts at readjusting the phone and talking louder.

Having experience working customer service for Verizon wireless, I've done my own troubleshooting...factory reset twice, multiple soft resets, uninstalling apps, clearing cookies, deleting files in storage with absolutely no change. Metro PCS customer service troubleshooting is a joke to say the least. So I searched several sights to check reviews to see if anyone else has had the same problems...trying to rule out if it is just this type of phone or if I've received yet another defective device. So far it appears I'm the only one having these issues so I'm not sure what to make of this. Buy this device at your own risk, maybe you'll have better luck than me.

• 2014-01-07 06:24
  • Ibxn

is this a gsm phone??
if not then how to insert a sim ie. warid...
i will be gratefull to you if you can reply me..

• 2013-12-29 11:25
  • fJCg

It's a good phone for the money. Selfie pics and selfie videos are grainy and suck. No lighting when taking videos and pics with dark backgrounds..........despite the auto flash. It need major improveents!!!....reg. pics are ok.

• 2013-12-06 02:37
  • xE5@

how I can use a sim card on my zte 4g metropcs? because I don't use the cdma I need to use gsm.

• 2013-11-04 18:16
  • PHkK

> In reply to doll2878 @ 2013-06-28 00:12 from IEUj - click to readTo flip the phones camera, refer to your users manual which can be downloaded from your app screen on the main menu at the bottom line

• 2013-11-02 23:37
  • Ibxu

My screen is frozen and I get the touch part of the screen to work how can I fix my problem

• 2013-10-12 07:07
  • It7w

> In reply to j3nar3x @ 2013-08-15 22:34 from q9{u - click to readI have the same problem I feel you I hate this phone

• 2013-10-06 23:48
  • qL@x

> In reply to SandyF @ 2013-08-18 09:35 from RbX3 - click to readIt doesnt work even by removing the battery.its completely frozen .i can't even press power off or restart

• 2013-09-23 20:51
  • Ijf3

My 4G stop working weeks ago I tried everything I took out the battery I used data roaming What should I do to get my 4G back on

• 2013-09-23 08:38
  • 0YMr

Most of the 4g phones stop working but is not because they don't work in the phone setting has an option that it says data then roming the data has to be on then turn off the phone an it should work

• 2013-09-15 00:25
  • 4Nr8

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-09-11 02:05 from 0c}c - click to readMy 4g will not work either, only EV on status bar instead of 4g .....stupid metro won't do anything about it! Waist of money.

• 2013-09-14 07:55
  • IEUj

My 4g on this phone just stop and I don't know what to do.

• 2013-09-11 02:05
  • 0c}c

This is my second Avid 4g phone & I have the same issue with it. this phone won't let me hear anything on the Left side of my headphones for some reason.Please contact Me or something on my Gmail Johnsonrayvion@gmail.com

• 2013-08-19 12:02
  • Q5TT

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-21 17:07 from sb1N - click to readPower off your phone and take the back of the phone case off. Now-- remove the battery and put it back in. This will clear away the frozen screen. Put the back cover back on and turn your phone back on. Repeat this process every time your phone freezes up again.

• 2013-08-18 09:42
  • RbX3

When your phone freezes just go to the very first screen, you know the one with the date where you have to unlock the phone. Now, power off and take the back of the phone case off. Now-- remove the battery and put it right back in. Now close up the back of your phone and turn your phone back on. It won't be frozen for the time being. When it freezes upagain repeat this process.

• 2013-08-18 09:35
  • RbX3

my phone only allows sound to come out of my right headphone unless i put pressure on the jack, Is there anyway to fix this or should i send for a replacement?

• 2013-08-15 22:34
  • q9{u

> In reply to raquelshinezz @ 2013-07-12 08:06 from IEUj - click to readPress the reverse camera sign.

• 2013-08-14 08:39
  • 47Hj

> In reply to Tonae' @ 2013-08-08 01:04 from 49KV - click to readMusic paradise

• 2013-08-14 08:34
  • 47Hj

Can anyone help my zte avid freezes overnight.

• 2013-08-13 12:18
  • qMy5
Total of 127 user reviews and opinions for ZTE Avid 4G.