ZTE Kis III V790 - user opinions and reviews

ZTE

5.9
5.8
5.9

(1)I waited three weeks before writing my review below to make sure I wasn't going off half-cocked. I mucked around with the phone last night and unsuccessfully tried to update it. Anyhow, I gave up, and decided that I'd have to get a new phone. I even put a bid in on Ebay for a good second-hand phone.

(2) Today I went shopping, rang my wife, and noticed that 3G was active on the VirginMobile SIM which previously had refused go into 3G mode. I opened the browser, and the internet worked perfectly!!!!

(3) In my review, I said that the SIM2 slot didn't receive SMSs. I again sent an SMS to the Aldimobile card in that slot, and nothing happened. But two and a half hours later, the SMS arrived. So I can't now say that the second slot doesn't receive SMSs.

(4) Anyhow, this means that I can now keep the phone after all, as what I originally wanted it for that my old phone didn't have was 3G.
Regards.

• 2015-06-02 09:00
  • v6gv

This is ZTE KIS LITE, i have this phone almost 2 years and work fine, never have any defect

• 2015-06-01 22:52
  • 8jqm

(1)I am disappointed with my ZTE V790 with Android 2.3.0.

(2)Firstly, it often reboots itself - more often after I've been on Playstore and downloaded something. Other times, I see it becoming sluggish after I've been adjusting something in Settings, Then I come back to it later and have to enter my Sim card codes after it has rebooted itself.

(3)Secondly, while I can get 3G to work well with my Lebara SIM card on the Vodafone network, I can only get 2G with my Virginmoble SIM card on the Optus network, and 2G on my Aldimobile on the Telstra network ( I know how to input APN settings). when I do get the 3G to appear for Virginmobile, the phone and internet for that Sim card doesn't work, but it works fine for 2G. However, when I then put the Aldimobile SIM in my bigger Lenovo A916 phone, it has no problem getting 4G.

(4)Thirdly, I thought I had solved my issues by putting the Lebara SIM into Slot1, and the VirginMobile SIM into Slot2. But then I found I wasn't receiving SMSs in my Virginmobile SIM (which is my main card). When I moved the Virginmobile SIM card to Slot 1, then it did receive SMSs.

(5)Maybe my problem arises because all my SIM cards use other main carriers' networks. I have no way to know, but I do know that I've had no such issues when using those SIM cards in my Medion and Lenovo phones.

(6)On the other hand, if your SIM card does deliver good 3G in the phone like my Lebara one does, and the dual SIM feature isn't a big deal for you, you may well be pretty satisfied with this phone.
Regards.

• 2015-06-01 16:58
  • v6gv

One network work in my ZTE V790, he is locked for others networks, what i can do ?

• 2015-04-22 15:12
  • fm%$
  • F

I have a problem about my zte v790 on the dual sim, only one can work idont why.

• 2015-01-03 22:21
  • thcu

> In reply to Daniel @ 2014-10-08 06:38 from 3aNj - click to readZTE KIS LITE V790,and I have some problems with him after flashing,I got only white screen,by my mistace.

• 2014-11-07 20:44
  • gGcS

I have this zte v790. but it has 512mb RAM and android ICS running. plz someone tell me about this

• 2014-10-19 10:37
  • PWDw

This is not the ZTE Kis 3 i think the phone in the photo is the Kis 1 or Kis 2 but its definitely not the Kis 3.

This is the ZTE Kis 3 http://www.ztedevices.co.uk/ki...rtphone.html

Check that url for photo and full specs

I'm trying to find a replacement screen, i cannot find any screens for the Kis 3 because people are posting wrong information my sister gave me here phone to fix the flex connector attach to the screen is torn and the screen wont stay on i need to replace the whole screen.

• 2014-10-08 06:38
  • 3aNj
  • F

Can someone make a video how to root ZTE Kis3 please?

• 2014-10-01 12:54
  • 04T{

How do I change my keyboard from touchpal to the original android one coz the TouchPal one is giving me a lot of problems?

• 2014-10-01 01:44
  • fu{h

Many firms offer replacement batteries but virtually all of them are completely different shapes & sizes. ZTE customer services were worse than useless. I'm getting a different phone because of this [and not a ZTE].

• 2014-08-31 23:51
  • my2k

Whatsapp crashes in this phone

• 2014-08-28 02:30
  • teuP

> In reply to Catherine of Aragon @ 2013-11-18 14:14 from pYyj - click to readTry removing the battery, wait for a few seconds, put it back, then try to switch the phone on again. If FTM thingy still pops up, repeat the steps. I've experienced that one, but removing and replacing it works.

• 2014-07-28 14:57
  • t7Xk

my screen is shattered, where can i find one in my area, i looked it in the market is not there?

• 2014-05-14 12:05
  • Gfuu

I am unable to update my phone due to an update package that has to be copied to the memory card..where can I find it on my phone?

• 2014-03-24 15:25
  • 9C1%

can i update my android version ?
and if i can what is the latest version i can have ?
please help

• 2014-01-09 12:35
  • fn86

> In reply to JOSEY @ 2013-12-09 15:23 from N98Y - click to readhow will i unlock my zte v790 phone?

• 2013-12-30 03:16
  • wHrS

> In reply to Zaendrea @ 2013-08-07 14:07 from tVvU - click to readgo where they unlock phones from avoid using the pattren try a pin or if ur wifi or data is activated sign in with ur goole account

• 2013-12-09 15:23
  • N98Y
  • Catherine of Aragon
  • Rating0

My ZTE V790 has just frozen, saying "FTM" on the screen. I have tried pressing the volume control and the power button at the same time, and also tried to charge it, thinking it might spring into action. But nothing. Please help.

• 2013-11-18 14:14
  • pYyj
Total of 256 user reviews and opinions for ZTE Kis III V790.