ZTE Optik - user opinions and reviews

6.4
6.3
6.2

Well....
I guess I'm that Unknown guy. I replied to myself?! Now, status update on the tablet.

1 year, 10 months. The flaws still apply.

BBSoDs are uncommon, but as I learned, they're all just horribad crashes. That's still a flaw.

Sound is still mediocre.

The tablet's battery has improved, as I'm taking more precautions to lengthen it. Minimum brightness gives it... my battery evaluator says 24+ hours, it really lasts 8-9.

It's still unreliable.

Performance is even worse than before. Menus lag, games lag, internet lags, whatever's left of my RAM is eaten by seven or so apps running.

• 2014-09-03 09:44
  • 7CEU

Does anyone know how else I can charge my ZTE optik tablet? My charger broke and they stopped making that charger, am I screwed?

• 2014-08-14 01:40
  • jBua

> In reply to Lonliness @ 2013-07-02 11:37 from Yddx - click to readI have had the tablet for 1 year, 7 mo. It has given me 2 'Blank Blue Screen Of Death's, and it still runs...

Terribly. The tablet's RAM is 700 MB AT BEST, not the advertised 1.0 GB. I use 350-450 MB RAM just RUNNING the device. Sadly, this is the only device I can use.

And by the way, mine came with good sound (Compared to my NC.), but it needs SpeakerBoost to operate around a fan. My NC actually needs a different set of speakers to have its sound even half decent.

• 2014-08-02 22:48
  • 7CEU

its a great tablet mine is working perfectly well, but it would be more fun if it support a SIM card...

• 2014-07-31 18:53
  • fuIy

> In reply to dmoore @ 2014-02-11 00:53 from j4AP - click to readtry totally cycling it, recharging it from 0%, discharge, recharge. charge from better source, such as different USB port or wall socket.

• 2014-07-20 05:30
  • s2HN

> In reply to AppleRock @ 2013-04-11 16:43 from w49i - click to readI too had my tablet about 7 months before it died and would not recharge. I lost valuable data and wonder if someone knows how this can be recovered? I waited too long to return it to ZTE...and now it is not covered.

• 2014-02-11 00:53
  • j4AP

So sprint got a bunch of these tablets sold them for "cheap" or gave them for free with a 2yr contract. Now 6 months to a year later it stops working and everyone is left still paying for a service that is useless, unless you want to pay the termination fee. REALLY? This is ridiculous and it sounds like everyone was scammed. I went to get mine fixed and was told these were "throw away tablets" no wonder u had to be in a contract. Well for sprint this is not a way to get customers to stay or come back ever! Really disappointed

• 2013-07-18 16:11
  • RbXp

> In reply to johnmango @ 2013-04-16 19:44 from w49i - click to readNo. No updates since 2012.

• 2013-07-02 11:39
  • Yddx

Ok. I have owned an Optik for 6 months and I have a lot of MAJOR flaws. I'll list 5.

1. Lack of support!
It lacks support with Sprint. No good data plans that are less than $75.

2. Battery Life!
I, on average, got 3.25 hours. This is a lot less than promised. 4.5-7.5 promised. Very poor.

3. Sound.
Sounds similar to a Nook Color. Around a fan, very quiet. You need an app to boost sound with this tablet.

4. Dated OS!
This 3.2.1 Honeycomb tablet was.... behind. When I got it, I was disappointed. I thought I had gotten an Android 4.1 tablet. No. I didn't.

5. Performance!!!!!!
Worst problem of all. Laggy, buggy, crashes all the time, the RAM is no good, the processor can't take much, and once.... It gave me a blank blue screen. Sometimes the screen stops working!

6. BONUS! Reliability.
Not good. For me, it lasted just 7 months before it wouldn't turn on. We are currently taking it to Sprint.

• 2013-07-02 11:37
  • Yddx

Looks like a solid tablet... good for bedtime surfing... how is the updates in zte products?? timely??

• 2013-04-16 19:44
  • w49i

this is a very versatile device... this has completely replaced my comp... i hardly feel the need to turn on my comp nowadays.

• 2013-04-13 22:34
  • w49i

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-09-22 06:14 from 4QrF - click to readFrom which bookstore are you trying to download? Ebooks downloaded from stores require their respective book reader software… you cant open them using default apps on your phone.

• 2013-04-13 22:31
  • w49i

Hi i am using a ZTE tablet and it is a very good device. which is an android one. it is cheaper than other tablets and work absolutely perfect. if anyone looking for an android tablet go for it.

• 2013-04-11 16:43
  • w49i

> In reply to Mary123 @ 2013-01-13 00:44 from w49i - click to readNo, it does not support the text message and call function.

• 2013-01-13 00:45
  • w49i

Does V55 support text message and call funtion?

• 2013-01-13 00:44
  • w49i

> In reply to Elaina @ 2013-01-11 00:48 from w49i - click to readThe device can suopport flash player. find Adobe Flash Player 11.1.111.9 on the internet and download it

• 2013-01-11 00:49
  • w49i

i am unable to download flash player?what application can i download ?

• 2013-01-11 00:48
  • w49i

I bought my tablet according to sprint 9/07/12 and i used all night last night, however this morning I woke up to put it on the charger because it was beeping and it never came back on. I called sprint who told me to hole the power button for 30 seconds twice to no avail.... Then they passed me on to assurant who told me to do the same thing. When that didn't work he told me to leave on the charger all night and try to power it up again in the AM. If it does not work to call them back and they would send me a label to fedex it back. After reading this I think I want another one. I have been with sprint for 16 years. Through good and bad I have been loyal.... I hope this doesn't make me change companies.

• 2013-01-06 10:09
  • j%$B

This Tablet is a 7 inches tablet PC having capacitive type of touch sensitivity. This tablet is having display resolution of 800 x 1280 pixels. It has got 5 Megapixels resolution on the rear side. The camera present on the front side is also having good resolution and it is 2 megapixels. I just love my mini computer!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2012-12-30 02:25
  • w49i

I am happy with the tab as i have not faced trouble till this date.It as amazing looks!

• 2012-12-20 00:07
  • w49i
Total of 41 user reviews and opinions for ZTE Optik.