ZTE Optik - user opinions and reviews

ZTE

6.5
6.3
6.0

> In reply to dmoore @ 2014-02-11 00:53 from j4AP - click to readtry totally cycling it, recharging it from 0%, discharge, recharge. charge from better source, such as different USB port or wall socket.

• 2014-07-20 05:30
  • s2HN

> In reply to AppleRock @ 2013-04-11 16:43 from w49i - click to readI too had my tablet about 7 months before it died and would not recharge. I lost valuable data and wonder if someone knows how this can be recovered? I waited too long to return it to ZTE...and now it is not covered.

• 2014-02-11 00:53
  • j4AP

So sprint got a bunch of these tablets sold them for "cheap" or gave them for free with a 2yr contract. Now 6 months to a year later it stops working and everyone is left still paying for a service that is useless, unless you want to pay the termination fee. REALLY? This is ridiculous and it sounds like everyone was scammed. I went to get mine fixed and was told these were "throw away tablets" no wonder u had to be in a contract. Well for sprint this is not a way to get customers to stay or come back ever! Really disappointed

• 2013-07-18 16:11
  • RbXp

> In reply to johnmango @ 2013-04-16 19:44 from w49i - click to readNo. No updates since 2012.

• 2013-07-02 11:39
  • Yddx

Ok. I have owned an Optik for 6 months and I have a lot of MAJOR flaws. I'll list 5.

1. Lack of support!
It lacks support with Sprint. No good data plans that are less than $75.

2. Battery Life!
I, on average, got 3.25 hours. This is a lot less than promised. 4.5-7.5 promised. Very poor.

3. Sound.
Sounds similar to a Nook Color. Around a fan, very quiet. You need an app to boost sound with this tablet.

4. Dated OS!
This 3.2.1 Honeycomb tablet was.... behind. When I got it, I was disappointed. I thought I had gotten an Android 4.1 tablet. No. I didn't.

5. Performance!!!!!!
Worst problem of all. Laggy, buggy, crashes all the time, the RAM is no good, the processor can't take much, and once.... It gave me a blank blue screen. Sometimes the screen stops working!

6. BONUS! Reliability.
Not good. For me, it lasted just 7 months before it wouldn't turn on. We are currently taking it to Sprint.

• 2013-07-02 11:37
  • Yddx

Looks like a solid tablet... good for bedtime surfing... how is the updates in zte products?? timely??

• 2013-04-16 19:44
  • w49i

this is a very versatile device... this has completely replaced my comp... i hardly feel the need to turn on my comp nowadays.

• 2013-04-13 22:34
  • w49i

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-09-22 06:14 from 4QrF - click to readFrom which bookstore are you trying to download? Ebooks downloaded from stores require their respective book reader software… you cant open them using default apps on your phone.

• 2013-04-13 22:31
  • w49i

Hi i am using a ZTE tablet and it is a very good device. which is an android one. it is cheaper than other tablets and work absolutely perfect. if anyone looking for an android tablet go for it.

• 2013-04-11 16:43
  • w49i

> In reply to Mary123 @ 2013-01-13 00:44 from w49i - click to readNo, it does not support the text message and call function.

• 2013-01-13 00:45
  • w49i

Does V55 support text message and call funtion?

• 2013-01-13 00:44
  • w49i

> In reply to Elaina @ 2013-01-11 00:48 from w49i - click to readThe device can suopport flash player. find Adobe Flash Player 11.1.111.9 on the internet and download it

• 2013-01-11 00:49
  • w49i

i am unable to download flash player?what application can i download ?

• 2013-01-11 00:48
  • w49i

I bought my tablet according to sprint 9/07/12 and i used all night last night, however this morning I woke up to put it on the charger because it was beeping and it never came back on. I called sprint who told me to hole the power button for 30 seconds twice to no avail.... Then they passed me on to assurant who told me to do the same thing. When that didn't work he told me to leave on the charger all night and try to power it up again in the AM. If it does not work to call them back and they would send me a label to fedex it back. After reading this I think I want another one. I have been with sprint for 16 years. Through good and bad I have been loyal.... I hope this doesn't make me change companies.

• 2013-01-06 10:09
  • j%$B

This Tablet is a 7 inches tablet PC having capacitive type of touch sensitivity. This tablet is having display resolution of 800 x 1280 pixels. It has got 5 Megapixels resolution on the rear side. The camera present on the front side is also having good resolution and it is 2 megapixels. I just love my mini computer!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2012-12-30 02:25
  • w49i

I am happy with the tab as i have not faced trouble till this date.It as amazing looks!

• 2012-12-20 00:07
  • w49i

within 3 month mine would not power on , this thing is now a brick, sprint store is no help not very optimistc about returning to zte factory wish i had never bought the tablet sprint doesnt care about supporting it either

• 2012-11-09 00:34
  • IE7{

This is a piece of crap, do NOT buy one. It has great features, problem is, they don't work, can't even download a book!!! can't wait for the contract to run out, It's like everything Sprint, doesn't work.

• 2012-09-22 06:14
  • 4QrF

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-02-02 18:59 from Tkxr - click to readIt is phone you can call from that tab .

• 2012-07-18 20:16
  • w49i

> In reply to Arif @ 2012-02-04 16:52 from pK50 - click to readDude if u want to make the calls out of USA u need to contact service provider .

• 2012-07-18 20:06
  • w49i
Total of 37 user reviews and opinions for ZTE Optik.