ZTE Skate - user opinions and reviews

ZTE

7.2
7.2
6.8

Friends, just a question.. is this phone capable to use class 10 memory card?

• 2013-09-15 07:20
  • RFjW

I have found this to be a decent Android phone, though with a couple of weak point by current standards.

1: It's an old version of Android, which does set a few limits.

2: The internal memory is very limited. Even though some apps will run from the MicroSD card, upgrades for the built-in apps will take up a lot of space. You will have to pick and choose.

The package I bought included a 4GB microSD card, I think that might be usual, and it is plenty to start with. It's a lot of photographs. It could carry a lot of music too. The battery figures seem rather optimistic, unless you use it only as a phone. A lot of things I do with my tablet, I wouldn't expect to do with a phone-size screen, but that's a personal size issue, not quality.

It does what I need, but I'm an undemanding user.

• 2013-09-01 20:23
  • nuhf

Guys, i need some help. My zte skate 4.3H was working so well until all of a sudden when I re-started the phone I noticed that my applications on my memory card don't appear anymore. I re-started it again and for the 2nd time the applications appear already. This happened for quite some time until one day when I was about to use the camera there was a promt saying that the memory card is not inserted. From then on, my phone is not reading the memory card anymore. i tried to buy new memory card but it does not recognize the card anymore. Does anyone knows any fix for this except for bringing it back to the shop where I bought the unit as well as reformatting the phone? Hope someone could help me. Thanks in advance!

• 2013-08-13 04:08
  • RFjW

> In reply to Ahaja @ 2013-05-08 10:28 from 0Z%2 - click to readThank you for the information about the memory card. Your were wright my current card is class 4

• 2013-05-22 20:58
  • akKA

Good device !

• 2013-05-18 22:02
  • S3rp

Good device !

• 2013-05-18 22:01
  • S3rp

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-04-29 22:06 from akKA - click to readYour memory card is bad. Look at the package of a mc there should be a little number beside a word class, it defines the class of a memory card. If you have any class below 6 you will have problems (slow load, immpossible to use etc.). Solution is to buy a new memory card.

• 2013-05-08 10:28
  • 0Z%2

I recently bought ZTE Skate and am generally satisfied. Since the internal memory is so low, I also bought 8GB memory card, but am having problems with it. Half the time the phone does not even recognize it or when I try to put some music on it, phone shuts down. Did anyone have similar problem?

• 2013-04-29 22:06
  • akKA

guys should I buy ZET Skate ?

• 2013-04-21 23:05
  • fpsY

> In reply to ernest @ 2013-02-06 06:07 from fuI6 - click to readi also got the same problem of booting wat should i do i jst restarted the pne nd nw its nt booting after android

• 2013-03-23 17:47
  • NFaR

> In reply to Henry @ 2013-03-15 13:41 from KhsF - click to readOS 0 crashes and ive been using it for 4 months or so.
Loudspeaker quality i somewhat sucky yes.
And its not dual sim. Just single SIM

• 2013-03-17 20:21
  • pIVB

hey guys I need your help here, Im super curious about this phone since its cheap and the specs are good. But does the OS crash a lot?and howbout the loudspeaker quality?Im kinda audiophile, and Im told that the audio kinda sucks. And is it a dual SIM?thank you everyone

• 2013-03-15 13:41
  • KhsF

> In reply to NEM FIJI @ 2013-01-31 09:21 from PxWZ - click to readGoogle it.
My girlfriend had exactly this problem, so she read about it and learned enough to open her phone, clean her mic, re-position the foam covering and re-seal her phone. Now I can hear her again when I call her.

If she can do it, you can.

• 2013-02-26 14:58
  • HDKR

> In reply to mark @ 2013-01-26 20:12 from KgVi - click to readyou will find a lot of ICS and JB ROMs for ZTE Skate
on modaco forums :

• 2013-02-23 12:56
  • Qrjx

> In reply to mohamad hagag @ 2013-01-27 00:12 from fqiP - click to readCall the police and report it stolen. They will wait for someone to put the new SIM card inside the phone and try to use it. After that your phone will be registered with this new number at mobile provider. The new "owner" will be called by the police to inform him/her that they are in possession of a lost/stolen phone. If the new SIM number has registered owner by the provider, the person who has your phone is identified. If the number is not registered, it is his/her good will if they will return the phone to the police or just toss it in the nearest dump. Good luck!

• 2013-02-10 01:53
  • pp@H

> In reply to ernest @ 2013-02-06 06:07 from fuI6 - click to readI had the same problem at the same, time ..taking it in to the orange shop today, they think its a softwarer problem and will be costly. otherwise greta phone

• 2013-02-06 12:35
  • MfxY

hi am ernest from ghana and i have been using skate for the past 9 months i really love the phone. but just yesterday i switch it of and when i turnd it on it will not boot it just display the andriod and will never boot. please what do i do

• 2013-02-06 06:07
  • fuI6

If your mic is not working,temporarily you can use the headphone that comes with the mic and plug in into your 3.5mm jack.Hope this works.

• 2013-02-05 17:26
  • KZ85

i've been having a zte skate for almost a year and a half now, and so far i had no problem with it. i'm a really-really heavy user, i'm always on my phone, and despite some comments saying the battery life isn't the best, i agree, it could be better, but compared to my 24/7 usage it last all day and don't forget that the screen is BIG. the only con i can think of is that i have only a few apps, even the ones i have are on my sd card and the phone memory is often low, in my opinion they could've put more memory into the phone.. the music player is good, the fm radio is a bit of poor quality, u can't really do anything with it..texting is easy as the screen is large, it has beautiful colours and great resolution, i most definitely recommend this phone for everyone. also, i used to have an iphone 3g and all i can say is, this phone is so much better.. i hope this was useful for everyone in confusion and before decision of buying it or not:) have a nice day!

• 2013-02-02 22:25
  • mssv

My fone is a ZTE Skate. I have trouble trying to get a replacement mic for my fone which seems to have sweat or something on it. The problem is i can the other person clearly but they have difficulty hearing me and they dont have 'mic'for our fone here.
Any suggestions where can i get this?

• 2013-01-31 09:21
  • PxWZ
Total of 370 user reviews and opinions for ZTE Skate.