ZTE Skate - user opinions and reviews

ZTE

7.2
7.2
6.8

this device is really good. however ZTE has a very poor after-sale/warranty support here in the philippines. my unit had problem, it suddenly became unable to read the memory card. but when i returned it to memo express to claim the warranty, it has been 6 weeks now and my phone isn't back. and they said that the ZTE in Cubao is not fixing it. very poor service!

• 2013-11-06 05:40

Good Points -
It's cheap, works fine and does the whole touch screen smart phone thing pretty well.

Bad Points -
Dreadful battery life - needs to be charged daily even when not making any calls
Poor Wifi Signal reception
Quite poor camera - Ipad camera much better
Ridiculously Low Internal storage - big hassle using link2sd and SD cards that always seem to fail
Not fast
Some newer games won't work

Overall - Ok - 'does the job' smartphone.

• 2013-10-16 20:01
  • 3Wj}

> In reply to Ralph @ 2013-09-15 07:20 from RFjW - click to readYes, I use Transcend Class 10 8GB SD card on my Skate.

• 2013-10-11 13:26
  • JKUL

Friends, just a question.. is this phone capable to use class 10 memory card?

• 2013-09-15 07:20
  • RFjW

I have found this to be a decent Android phone, though with a couple of weak point by current standards.

1: It's an old version of Android, which does set a few limits.

2: The internal memory is very limited. Even though some apps will run from the MicroSD card, upgrades for the built-in apps will take up a lot of space. You will have to pick and choose.

The package I bought included a 4GB microSD card, I think that might be usual, and it is plenty to start with. It's a lot of photographs. It could carry a lot of music too. The battery figures seem rather optimistic, unless you use it only as a phone. A lot of things I do with my tablet, I wouldn't expect to do with a phone-size screen, but that's a personal size issue, not quality.

It does what I need, but I'm an undemanding user.

• 2013-09-01 20:23
  • nuhf

Guys, i need some help. My zte skate 4.3H was working so well until all of a sudden when I re-started the phone I noticed that my applications on my memory card don't appear anymore. I re-started it again and for the 2nd time the applications appear already. This happened for quite some time until one day when I was about to use the camera there was a promt saying that the memory card is not inserted. From then on, my phone is not reading the memory card anymore. i tried to buy new memory card but it does not recognize the card anymore. Does anyone knows any fix for this except for bringing it back to the shop where I bought the unit as well as reformatting the phone? Hope someone could help me. Thanks in advance!

• 2013-08-13 04:08
  • RFjW

> In reply to Ahaja @ 2013-05-08 10:28 from 0Z%2 - click to readThank you for the information about the memory card. Your were wright my current card is class 4

• 2013-05-22 20:58
  • akKA

Good device !

• 2013-05-18 22:02
  • S3rp

Good device !

• 2013-05-18 22:01
  • S3rp

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-04-29 22:06 from akKA - click to readYour memory card is bad. Look at the package of a mc there should be a little number beside a word class, it defines the class of a memory card. If you have any class below 6 you will have problems (slow load, immpossible to use etc.). Solution is to buy a new memory card.

• 2013-05-08 10:28
  • 0Z%2

I recently bought ZTE Skate and am generally satisfied. Since the internal memory is so low, I also bought 8GB memory card, but am having problems with it. Half the time the phone does not even recognize it or when I try to put some music on it, phone shuts down. Did anyone have similar problem?

• 2013-04-29 22:06
  • akKA

guys should I buy ZET Skate ?

• 2013-04-21 23:05
  • fpsY

> In reply to ernest @ 2013-02-06 06:07 from fuI6 - click to readi also got the same problem of booting wat should i do i jst restarted the pne nd nw its nt booting after android

• 2013-03-23 17:47
  • NFaR

> In reply to Henry @ 2013-03-15 13:41 from KhsF - click to readOS 0 crashes and ive been using it for 4 months or so.
Loudspeaker quality i somewhat sucky yes.
And its not dual sim. Just single SIM

• 2013-03-17 20:21
  • pIVB

hey guys I need your help here, Im super curious about this phone since its cheap and the specs are good. But does the OS crash a lot?and howbout the loudspeaker quality?Im kinda audiophile, and Im told that the audio kinda sucks. And is it a dual SIM?thank you everyone

• 2013-03-15 13:41
  • KhsF

> In reply to NEM FIJI @ 2013-01-31 09:21 from PxWZ - click to readGoogle it.
My girlfriend had exactly this problem, so she read about it and learned enough to open her phone, clean her mic, re-position the foam covering and re-seal her phone. Now I can hear her again when I call her.

If she can do it, you can.

• 2013-02-26 14:58
  • HDKR

> In reply to mark @ 2013-01-26 20:12 from KgVi - click to readyou will find a lot of ICS and JB ROMs for ZTE Skate
on modaco forums :

• 2013-02-23 12:56
  • Qrjx

> In reply to mohamad hagag @ 2013-01-27 00:12 from fqiP - click to readCall the police and report it stolen. They will wait for someone to put the new SIM card inside the phone and try to use it. After that your phone will be registered with this new number at mobile provider. The new "owner" will be called by the police to inform him/her that they are in possession of a lost/stolen phone. If the new SIM number has registered owner by the provider, the person who has your phone is identified. If the number is not registered, it is his/her good will if they will return the phone to the police or just toss it in the nearest dump. Good luck!

• 2013-02-10 01:53
  • pp@H

> In reply to ernest @ 2013-02-06 06:07 from fuI6 - click to readI had the same problem at the same, time ..taking it in to the orange shop today, they think its a softwarer problem and will be costly. otherwise greta phone

• 2013-02-06 12:35
  • MfxY

hi am ernest from ghana and i have been using skate for the past 9 months i really love the phone. but just yesterday i switch it of and when i turnd it on it will not boot it just display the andriod and will never boot. please what do i do

• 2013-02-06 06:07
  • fuI6
Total of 373 user reviews and opinions for ZTE Skate.