Well, Amazon dropped the price again, $329...couldn't pass it up, will be here next week.
Sigh....5 years of 4,000mAH battery Huawei's, gonna be hard to give that up.
Can anyone tell me how long the battery lasts. Currently using mi a1.
Best smarthphone for the price here are the reasons i have
- 128Gb of memory make me forget that it doesn´t have microSD slot
- Descent battery for average daily use
- The most premium materials you can have
- Perfomance and updates like Google pixel's
The only flaw, but can be fixed, is the camera, after installing the google pixel camera app ,i saw a really good improvement in overall, and now i can use the best portrait mode right now (Google pixel's one) in front facing camera and back one.
would be too dificult to be more satisfied with it
I have been so sceptic about buying this phone reading all the bad reviews. However, the price and the looks were so tempting that I took a dig for USD 300. After a month of use, I can strongly say that the bad publicity by media (bought??) or by immature users who want sky at their feet, killed this fantastic phone. Here are my observations on the phone:
1. Network Signal: Search websites and you will find out -90dBM is regarded as a good signal and this is what I get inside my home which has pathetic connectivity issue for all carriers. What you say guys about poor network if I get better than -90 dBM on my phone?
2. Camera: If I am using the improved camera with July 2018 update, I can not comment on the previous issues. However, this improved one is almost fantastic. I treat my mobile different from a mainstream camera, however, this phone just works well.
3. Speaker quality: The best among the previous phones I have had - Samsung, Nokia, Redmi. And I believe everyone can swear with the speaker quality of the phones that I mentioned.
4. Built: No second opinion about it - Simply Fantastic!!
5. Physical Specs: Its thin and I didnt get comfortable with the weight of the phone. Resolved the issue with a good quality case. The phone feels solid in hands while using.
6. Software and processing speed: Snapdragon 835 does not let you down ever. Superb!!
7. USB C and 3.5 mm jack: The world is moving to USB C, so let us accept it. Absency of 3.5 mm jack is an issue for me, but I resolved it with a bluetooth.
8. Expandable memory - Who cares if you have 120 GB of space free. That does not meet the requirement of lifetime, but I will definitely need to keep deleting videos. With earlier 32 GB phones, this activity was carried out once in 3 months, now probably for an year, I will be relieved. If I keep the phone for 2 years, probably I will need 3 attempts most. Or why bother, just take a back up connecting with your computer. No Big Deal!!
9. Price: Simply mouthwatering. Get this at the lowest prices ever.
There is no match to this phone at this price point. I have never ever written a review for any phone that I used, but buying this after so poor opinions, I thought to educate others.
Go for it!! You are going to thank me for your buying decision.
I owned the PH-1 at one point. It is stated to have stereo speakers. However I did not think so. Based on my usage I could not hear it producing sound via Right and Left outputs only the bottom speaker. Is this true?
$249.99 USD on Amazon!!!!
GiRaphi, 12 Jun 2018Hello, can you tell me where you bought this phone? Thank you.Depending on where youÂ’re located , look for it at amazon, essential website , bestbuy
Anonymous, 30 Jun 2018Can someone please tell me what the battery life is now with all the updates? Choosing betwee... moreOn average, I get about 36 hours from 100% to 0%. I've enabled WiFi calling which really improved battery life. Cell service at work is below poor.
GiRaphi, 12 Jun 2018Hello, can you tell me where you bought this phone? Thank you.I bought it in the UK through Amazon.com for around £450, was $500 plus the import fees that were quite a bit.
Can someone please tell me what the battery life is now with all the updates?
Choosing between this and the Galaxy A5 2017
why no review?? I bought this phone in China for a silly 270 USD !!! Its absolute bargain! It gets updates very fast, which cannot be said about LG ( my previous phone ).
I had been considering the Samsung A8, Nokia 7 Plus or Essential, and despite the recent news I still recently purchased the Essential; amazing phone, especially for the price $460 CDN.
Udr, 26 May 2018Does its secondary cam really support 4k video recording??Yes, the black and white camera can record in 4K as well, which are absolutely stunning.. Same goes for the front facing camera.
Krillin, 23 May 2018is it completely lag free? i heard the software was buggy and the performance was poor surpris... moreno lag for me whatsoever. it's runnig 8.1 oreo which has been very fluid for me.