Ok Here's my little review based on using it for 3 days.
- Intel Z2420 processor ( it said dual core in the antutu benchmark, not single)
- 1 GB RAM
- 8 Mpix Camera, 1080 HD video
- Phone flash storage (internal) is only 1 GB. too small for mid level smartphone.
- No video call features, hope that Acer will update greater OS with this features inside.
-Standard camera features, no macro, the result is well Not bad but not good either. It helped with the bright LED flash that good in the even dark place.
- Cannot plays heavy HD games, i tried shadowgun, and it's crash out, it managed to load to title,but when i tried to closed the hints and tips, and than it just came out to homescreen, a little lag in several sequences when i play Front Line Commandos, i don't know maybe intel chipset compatibility problem with some games or to much bug in the OS, it cannot be from the GPU, beacuse as i know powerVR SGX 531 is enough to play shadowgun with almost no lag at all, this phone has powerVR SGX 540, which should be better(you can see when benchmarking with antutu) or like others opinion said, Intel use emulator to lauch android application. I hope Acer can figured out how to make this C1 better with OS updates.
Android on this device is really barebones.
No support for 3G video call. (3G 324M protocol not supported) Even my old nokia has video call.
Only 1GB internal viewable/usable although it is advertise as having 4GB internal memory.
Can't install App on SD, therefore users have very limited usable memory for apps installation.
Contacts management is poor on this Android compared to old phones.
I like this phone ips screen is so good ram 1gb processor intel atom browsing so fast. gps garmin so nice. allready abdate jelly bean. good job intel.
Acer failed to provide the very basic need of Android smartphone.. you can't install Apps on SD card unless you root it..really frustrated...
SD card just act as a media storage (music,video,pic)..
agusnu, 07 May 2013i have bought it 2 days ago. here's my thought - the text messages doesn't include the t9 mo... moreFor gaming need 1minutes to start, i heard that because of Intel using emulator to start the game, not like usual smartphone.
i have bought it 2 days ago.
here's my thought
- the text messages doesn't include the t9 mode keypad
- gaming in this phone unfortunately always lagging and to enter the game needs to wait up to 1 minute (i don't know why)
- the touchscreen need to press harder
- the battery only last up to 6 hours
80buckphone, 15 Apr 2013This is not the new clovertrail chip. Clovertrail is dual core cpu and graphics. its Penwell
voltage, 11 Mar 2013even though its single core..but got hyperthreading technology..so it can perform dual task at... moreThis is not the new clovertrail chip. Clovertrail is dual core cpu and graphics.
voltage, 11 Mar 2013even though its single core..but got hyperthreading technology..so it can perform dual task at... moreDual ? ..we need multitask which mean more more and more task to see how the useful the device is.
Even though people saying single core Intel atom isn't matter but are we forgetting something here ? ..the a GPU is the ONLY pwrVr sgx540 ? ...seriously how much the different can it be ? ...for me Intel are same with apple trying to be jackass selling annoying (claim the best) even thought not good as we think...same performance with new technology that gives only to overclocked and rename it..seriously ?
this link is review from indonesian magazine...
antutu score = 9936
quadrant score = 2970
i don no.., 30 Mar 2013anyone know about ram this fon..sory for bad eng..it uses 1 gb ram.
more cores need to feed more power...drain battery faster..this one 9 hrs talktime is consider good already/...
even though its single core..but got hyperthreading technology..so it can perform dual task at once..remember this is new gen Intel Atom clover trail