2. Long standby.
3. Clear speaker.
1. Can only save up to 21 text msgs.
2. No draft for msgs.
3. You can't save msgs. It has an outbox folder and an option in meddage settings which says "save sent messages", where if you click it, it would give you two radio button style options:
"send & save"
You select send & save but when you send a msg you get a pop up msg which reads "sent, but saved failed!". You go to outbox, click on the folder and you get a msg which reads "Empty" with a red X sign. There is also another option in the messages setting which says "default storage", click it and you get two options:
But if you try to select phone, you get a pop up error msg which says "Not supported!".
I don't get why it has these options if they don't work.
4. This might be the worst con. If you loose signal for any reason - like when you get in an elevator - good luck getting the signal back. Once you come out of the elevator you'd have lost all the network signal bars. The phone will read no connection instead of your provider name. You will wait a very long time to get the signal back. %60 of the time you would have to wait over 30 mins. To force the signal back, you would shut off the phone and turn it back on so it could search for a network when starting up. That however is a hit and miss. Sometimes you get it back right away, sometimes you dont...so you keep restarting the phone until you do. Basically, if you need to make an emergency call, make sure you have another phone.
5. Call log is just one list. Not categorized by call received, missed...etc. It can only save up to 30 calls. So if you didnt save a number and you made, received or missed a total of over 30 calls (regardless of whether it's to/from the same number), you will loose the number.
6. No history of call duration. Lets say you called John earlier today. You would like to know how long you talked for so you go to the log, find the call, click it and you only got 2 information: Date of call and the time. No call duration.
I can't get this to work at all. It seems to require 2 sim cards and I only have one.
rgitau, 07 Jan 2015The factory security code for Alcetel OT 217D is 1122I mean Alcatel not alcetel
my alcatel onetouch 217 doesnt want to come on what should i do to get it back on?
Igor, 05 Jun 2014Hi to all. It's possible to connect this phone (Alcatel OT 217) to computer?No, it is not possible. USB socket is just for charging
Hi to all. It's possible to connect this phone (Alcatel OT 217) to computer?
can some one please help me with the factory's security code for alcatel ot 217D, i have tried using the default code 0000, 1234, but they don't work.
Hi everybody! Does anyone knows how to check total call time and total number of sent messages? Thanks
my phone Alcatel One Touch M'Pop5020d my phone is langauge is ukrainian how camn i can it english?
When you have dialed you shouldn't hold this cell phone to the ear. When it looses the connection, while it tries to get through to the other phone, it will make a BEEEB-sound at ring tone loudness right in to your ear. I live in a noisy environment, so I turned it to maximum loudness. After one BEEEB in the ear, it hurts for about half an hour.
This phone is a serious health risk. No go for musicians!
guest, 16 Mar 2013can someone tell me if this phone have calendar ?Yes, it has.
Bought 217D and it would not charge. After a few seconds showing the battery charging it would display "charging error". Just received second new phone and it is exactly the same. Anyone have the same problem or am I an idiot ?
Reset for Alcatel ot-217
1.turn off the Alcatel
2.first turn on key and # together
3.After that you get 2 option green and red, press Green
sorry, my English is not good but I hope you understand me