This phone is very good for first time android users.
I've had it for 3 months now and so far here's what I noticed.
1. Good wi-fi connectivity
2. Has a physical start/end call button. (very useful for me).
3. Tethering (you can share you mobile data connection via USB, since this is upgraded to Froyo. but I'm hoping they'd give out updates to Gingerbread soon).
4. Dual SIM standby (this is very useful because I have 2 sim cards and when I receive messages from someone, all his/her messages sent to sim 1 and 2 are on one thread only.)
5. Speaker is loud, but not so rich.
6. Many apps are compatible with this phone.
1. No front camera. Back camera has no flash support.
2. Average battery life. (My former phone lasts 5-7 days). This phone, when used moderately, can stand up to 1 day and 9hrs or so. When used with Wi-fi, GPS, Bluetooth, and other apps on, can stand only for 17hrs. When on stand-by, can stand up to 2 and 1/2 days.
3. Slow CPU and RAM (only has 416Mhz and 190MB of RAM). You can't play great games on this phone, it will greatly cause lag.
4. Has a rubbery coating which peels off when hardly scratched. (This phone has no available accessories in my country yet).
It is good if you're into text messaging, calling, web surfing, watching videos,and playing light games.
For first time Android users, remember, almost anything is possible with an Android phone; you just need to find the right app.
im about to buy this phone, what do you guys suggest? should I? to 890d users, please enlighten me if this phone is worth it, and dont base it on how cheap it is, give me comments on performance..
chard, 28 Nov 2011is this phone a reliable one? dont i get regret if i will by this phone? please give me some i... moreIt's a good phone but then expect too much....
but overall its good for its price^^
is this phone a reliable one? dont i get regret if i will by this phone? please give me some information regarding this phone. tnx user
so happy to have an ALCATEL Phone again,, since it was my very 1st MP brand ( about late 90's)...just a nice phone with all its connectivity, that just suites my standard.thank you,and good luck to ALCATEL.
Does this mobile support skype?I have read in skype forum that there is a problem installing it. What about google voice or other android application?
useless mob......No service in India...within a month touch got failure....
i have this alcatel ot-890 for 3 mos..very dissapointed,very slow cpu processor 420mhz...touch is bad....
Google maps not showing exact location.
sometimes not moving too..
nitish, 10 Sep 2011phone is not good ...unable to share music usinf bluetoothu can share music tru bluetooth just install real player from the market...
toks, 22 Sep 2011maxx pls I need explanation on how to root this phone you need to download the app, gingerbreak intalls that on the phone and just run the app
I was able to root this phone, just google "gingerbreak" and use that to root this device
so thanks to alcatel and gsmarena for giving android 2.2 phone at this price. It is so easy to use.
godric, 17 Sep 2011can this fone run angry birdsyes this mobile suport by angry bird games and realy good and downlode by market.