OT-990: QUALITY AFFORDABLE ANDROID SMARTPHONE
- Expensive/good-looking and solid built quality design despite the cheap pricetag ($190 U.S. - promo price. Original price is almost $350)
- Large 3.5 inch screen. A bargain feature for a phone that only cost $190.
- Responsive touchscreen with factory installed screen protector (shame on other manufacturers for selling their product at a steep price without this basic necessity).
- 200MB internal memory with free 2GB SDcard (a bargain for this price range).
- Camera sucks for a 5 mega-pixel one. LED flash is too small and not bright enough in taking pictures in the dark/in poor lighting conditions . My blackberry 9700 Bold with a 3.2 megapixel and LED flash does a much better job (but for $190, I am not really complaining).
- MP3 player audio quality is not that good. However, I installed a free player app with equalizer and it made huge difference in quality. I am relatively happy about the quality now. Plugging a more expensive high end headphones might also help.
Overall, I am happy with my OT-990. Definitely not a rip-off like some andoid phones in the market. Highly recommended.
BTW, some of my desktop shortcuts disappears whenever I restart my phone. Not sure if it's a software glitch or I'm just doing something wrong since I am not familiar in using android yet.
I bought this phone 5 months ago and since about 4 months ago i have problems with the phone! worst phone to buy for surfing the web or soical network sites, it says it is compattable but it is not! it works yes but it either frezzes or it crashes saying "force close" then when ever it crashes it deletes icons and shortcuts on your home page and moves them about if not been deleted! worst phone i have bought, i would highly recommend not to buy this phone it works for 3 months are then fails to work properly!
Just received my OT-990 today :)
Am very happy with it. Alcatel had included 3(!) screen protectors (one already applied) and one very good quality leather phone casing. Besides these very useful freebies, the phone itself is of great quality and it's a joy to use.
For the price this phone is selling, it is such excellent value. well done Alcatel.
Ayman Memo, 19 Feb 2012hi all......i've succefully rooted my 990 with super1click....the problem was the driver....bu... moreI have tried superoneclick 1.9.5 and waiting for device to respond takes a lot of hour(not like in the videos) so I close it
One good news for all who want to root their Alcatel OT 990. We can successfully root this phone using Super one click 1.9.1 and using Link2sd App. I did it. you can move all applications to SD card. You can enjoy unlimited apps in Alcatel OT 990 with Android 2.2 Froyo itself.
eclipse, 16 Feb 2012WHY its getting WARMER evrytime im using it?.games,camera/vdeo,browsing in it,etc...WHY it kee... moreI had the same problem. Download go launcher ex to you phone. Install it, after that reboot your phone and activate go launche as your default. Use taskmanager app to
Freeze the stock launcher and dont use weather widget. Alcatel made a nice phone
But their froyo kills it. Your right where is gingerbread?.
hi all......i've succefully rooted my 990 with super1click....the problem was the driver....but there is very easy way to root it
i'll now upload the programs and will post it here for all of u
doda anyone know how to root it i Trieste with z4root and it does not work :(
You CANNOT make video call using Skype, doesn't support! Only few models are supported!
Anonymous, 17 Feb 2012how can i get video call from alcatel 990Install Yahoo messenger and Yahoo messenger plug-in, go to video camera and switch to front camera. Then you will be able to make video calls using front camera towards other yahoo messenger users.
Anonymous, 17 Feb 2012how can i get video call from alcatel 990Tango is one aplication that you can used to videocall
Anonymous, 17 Feb 2012how can i get video call from alcatel 990maybe in the update to android 2.3.7 will apply but now android 2.2 froyo dont support videocall you can do it with skype
MASTERCAM, 17 Feb 2012alcatel 990 has multitouch???yes with two or five fingers is a good phone