Anyone else having memory card slot faults with this phone? Is there a fix?
OK I been using this phone for a few weeks now and decided to leave my pros and cons.
1. 5" screen at budget price point plus very bright,
2. rear 8mp camera with good efficiency at night - I used it as dash cam at day and night and beat my standalone unit.
3. rear and front very bright LED. usually on cheap phones is none or very weak flash but not here,
4. responsive 2 finger touchscreen,
5. pretty sturdy as got it every day in trousers side pocket,
6. has headphones jack and decent sound volume and quality
7. removable battery.
8. support for at least 64gb micro SD card - tested and work without any lag.
9. overall CPU and RAM performance well handling many 3d games - tested with racing games found in playstore
10. GPS, tested with free offline satellite navigation and it is acurate. first time was bit lazy to detect satellites but then it work fine. usually up to 1 minute max to fix to location. rerouting is also quick. I use navfree as my GPS.
11. Use uSD card as internal memory can be turned in settings. this will eliminate limitation of small internal storage.
1. limited viewing angles of LCD that typical for TFT tn - note it is not IPS display,
2. volume is build is speaker is low. if you like to play music to listen with friends its just too low but can be used with Bluetooth speaker
3. battery last up to 11 hours when used a lot with screen on and using online services via 3G - may be shorter but depending on how you using device.
@ Side note to battery life I will say its similar to many phones from highest price point to lowest. @
4. no autofocus in cameras and image reproduction is grainy but look for one aspect mentioned in pros. I will say quality is still better compared to other budget phones,
5. no NFC reader or WiFi ac. understandable at that price point.
6. hard to find screen protector or case. - only searching online can be bought but not in local stores.
7. only 4GB usable internal memory but partially occupied by stock apps and system. not all can be deleted.
Last ones are neutral opinion.
1. Resolution of the screen. Down side - it is low for the size of screen but, its actually good if your eyesight is low. Icons are bigger and text is thicker so I found it comfortable to focus on how when texting or day to day usage. This phone may be great option for older people and to those who struggle to read thin small text. It may be also good for those who like extra 5inch screen phone to play around not worrying of loosing or damaging - mind low price.
2. Ram memory only 1GB. some people complaining about it as when switching between apps may be delayed aka lagging. well then, I used this phone for few weeks now and unless I used 3d heavy resource game , no noticeable lag present. if you like lag free prone your spending must go also higher.
I hope it be useful to anyone looking at budget 5 inch 3G (also variant in 4G LTE) phone.
pxp, 27 Oct 2016Nope you lie about :this phone doesn't have 1.5 gb ram -1gb only, second screen is not clear b... moreit does have 1.5gb of ram and ive been using it off and on for 7 hours and im at 90% with the battery saver, screen is awful yes but its responsive and good for the price
Anonymous, 27 Oct 2016Yes the picture is absolutely rubbishThanks for your reply, I thought only my handset got this problem and preparing to send service center. I think now no need. Feeling sad for spoil my money. Alcatel should be more professional and honest.
The only thing I hate about this phone is its very weak audio. Even if I'm holding it the ringtone and message alert tone are barely audible!
LEE1980, 27 Oct 2016This phone is fast. It actually has 1.5 GB or Ram, which makes it very fast compared to the Sa... moreNope you lie about :this phone doesn't have 1.5 gb ram -1gb only, second screen is not clear because of tft screen (and because of tft screen pictures are like 2mp only, no like official specs).Battery life is sh..even with battery saver (imagine when u turn off that option). Also sound is terrible. Something good about this phone? Well performance only is good, but it will lagging because of 32bit processor later (next months). When u comment please be realistic, I hate too lies here.Greetings
This phone is fast. It actually has 1.5 GB or Ram, which makes it very fast compared to the Samsung Dart I was using. The storage is neat too. You can insert a micro SD card and choose to format it to store stuff like Apps and files that only the phone can read, or you can use it as removable media that saves pictures, movies, and files that can opened on the phone and computers. The screen is clear and produces a sharp image for pictures and movies.
What can I say. Very surprised. I bought this phone earlier as mine was on repair. £50 for a 5 inches screen. Fast enough, I can do anything I need. Google maps and all of my apps work like a charm. Very good for its price!
Hi does any one know if this is compatible with the free fly Vr headset plesse
Tell, 27 Oct 2016What? 6.0.1? 4030x here and i dont have 6.0.1, 6.0 i got... When u receive update? Please tell me.. 5010x sry mistake
Smart fone collector, 27 Oct 2016I got this Alcatel Pixi4, 4.5", model 4060w, Android 6.0.1, it works fine, just that I couldn'... moreWhat? 6.0.1? 4030x here and i dont have 6.0.1, 6.0 i got... When u receive update? Please tell me..
I got this Alcatel Pixi4, 4.5", model 4060w, Android 6.0.1, it works fine, just that I couldn't find it on Google for confirmation or check out its features!
I am confused about picture quality. it is mentioned in specification back 8mp, front 5mp but Picture quality looks like less then 1mp. is there anybody else face this problem ?