I have downloaded an official update for this phone, but I'm getting the message "zip file corrupted" when trying to install it. Any ideas?
I have the 4G version of this phone, and it does in fact have auto-focus. You might have to check model numbers carefully, to make sure you that buy the right one.
Dany, 26 Nov 2016Yes, I know having no autofocus is a hardware problem (and any app won't help actually) but se... more
I put the question directly to Alcatel and I got the answer that no model Alcatel Pixi does not have autofocus camera.
Anonymous, 26 Nov 2016 Alcatel Pixi model does not have an autofocus camera, and it can not be upgraded or be insta... moreYes, I know having no autofocus is a hardware problem (and any app won't help actually) but seeing this dude on YouTube I thought maybe it has it but it needs to be enabled or something.. He had 5010e.. Maybe only some versions have autofocus.. Alcatel should have written the differences of every versions..
Dany, 25 Nov 2016It doesnt have autofocus or touch focus (i have 5010d and there no focus settings too) though ... more
Alcatel Pixi model does not have an autofocus camera, and it can not be upgraded or be installed because it is a piece of hardware, the only thing that can improve the image quality with the installation of a new camera app 'Cameringo' 'which is for free and it is the best camera app and it come with professional tools and with a little work you can do good photos install and run, then go to seting -> camera correction -> focus correction, ON .
the process takes a little longer but the picture is better.
It doesnt have autofocus or touch focus (i have 5010d and there no focus settings too) though I've watched a video on YouTube where it worked! Only some versions have autofocus?? Has anyone solved this mystery? Is there a secret setting, does it need to update..? Or are We doomed with fixedfocus
Finally fixed the SD card issue, and I can say I'm now in love with this phone, super easy to customise and to say there's only 1GB of RAM, it keeps up to my heavy use. Also battery life is great, lasts at least 16 hours on constant use.
I have brought this phone. Am trying to find instructions how to answer it when it rings!!
user of pixi 4 5inch, 10 Nov 2016OK I been using this phone for a few weeks now and decided to leave my pros and cons. Pros:... moreThank you, I found your review very useful. I am buying this phone soon and wanted to find out more. :)
Anyone else having memory card slot faults with this phone? Is there a fix?
OK I been using this phone for a few weeks now and decided to leave my pros and cons.
1. 5" screen at budget price point plus very bright,
2. rear 8mp camera with good efficiency at night - I used it as dash cam at day and night and beat my standalone unit.
3. rear and front very bright LED. usually on cheap phones is none or very weak flash but not here,
4. responsive 2 finger touchscreen,
5. pretty sturdy as got it every day in trousers side pocket,
6. has headphones jack and decent sound volume and quality
7. removable battery.
8. support for at least 64gb micro SD card - tested and work without any lag.
9. overall CPU and RAM performance well handling many 3d games - tested with racing games found in playstore
10. GPS, tested with free offline satellite navigation and it is acurate. first time was bit lazy to detect satellites but then it work fine. usually up to 1 minute max to fix to location. rerouting is also quick. I use navfree as my GPS.
11. Use uSD card as internal memory can be turned in settings. this will eliminate limitation of small internal storage.
1. limited viewing angles of LCD that typical for TFT tn - note it is not IPS display,
2. volume is build is speaker is low. if you like to play music to listen with friends its just too low but can be used with Bluetooth speaker
3. battery last up to 11 hours when used a lot with screen on and using online services via 3G - may be shorter but depending on how you using device.
@ Side note to battery life I will say its similar to many phones from highest price point to lowest. @
4. no autofocus in cameras and image reproduction is grainy but look for one aspect mentioned in pros. I will say quality is still better compared to other budget phones,
5. no NFC reader or WiFi ac. understandable at that price point.
6. hard to find screen protector or case. - only searching online can be bought but not in local stores.
7. only 4GB usable internal memory but partially occupied by stock apps and system. not all can be deleted.
Last ones are neutral opinion.
1. Resolution of the screen. Down side - it is low for the size of screen but, its actually good if your eyesight is low. Icons are bigger and text is thicker so I found it comfortable to focus on how when texting or day to day usage. This phone may be great option for older people and to those who struggle to read thin small text. It may be also good for those who like extra 5inch screen phone to play around not worrying of loosing or damaging - mind low price.
2. Ram memory only 1GB. some people complaining about it as when switching between apps may be delayed aka lagging. well then, I used this phone for few weeks now and unless I used 3d heavy resource game , no noticeable lag present. if you like lag free prone your spending must go also higher.
I hope it be useful to anyone looking at budget 5 inch 3G (also variant in 4G LTE) phone.
pxp, 27 Oct 2016Nope you lie about :this phone doesn't have 1.5 gb ram -1gb only, second screen is not clear b... moreit does have 1.5gb of ram and ive been using it off and on for 7 hours and im at 90% with the battery saver, screen is awful yes but its responsive and good for the price