it's me again, used Pop c9 for a week, i am quite impressed with this phone. good, cheap mid-range phone. I choose this over Lenovo A850 because of its nice and crisp 5.5inch IPS LCD touchscreen - great for watching movies. 2500mah gives u a little more than a day, normal usage (9gag,facebook,whatsapp, some NOVA 3 actions) still got 30% battery life. camera is good (2mp front shooter with "beauty shot" gives ur face an uplifted image) and main 8mp camera which is quite good quality (video capturing at night is nice too)
I've rooted this device with Vroot. so yeah. so far so good. i like the soft touch feeling at the back. the only downsize is there is not much accessories for this phone (screen protector is provided inbox)and case available here in Malaysia.
AnonD-238971, 28 Feb 2014It's RM699 here in Malaysia. Simple Budget HP. Getting one this Evening. Will post My Experien... morei want to know about all the camera function front and rear, video recording and picture & video quality..TQ
Got a chance to play around with this phone recently. Currently retails for RM650.
Based on my experience:
1) The screen is good and despite the low ppi, colors are very crisp and accurate
2) The device is pretty heavy but build quality is fantastic. There are no signs of cheap materials or squeaks anywhere.
3)Alcatel's UI is pretty classy and modern in my opinion. It looks much much better than Lenovo, Huawei and Samsung's UI
4) It has the option to directly install apps to your memory card. So there will no insufficient storage problem.
5) Front camera is 2MP!! No other phones within the same price range in Malaysia offers 2MP front facing cam. I haven't check the quality of the 8MP rear camera but I presume it to be good
All in all, I think it's one of the best budget phone in the market. The only concern is getting the accessories, esp screen protector and casing.
If you're looking for 5.5 inch budget phablet, the other alternative is Lenovo A850, which is much cheaper (current retail price: RM480), but has the following drawbacks compared to Alcatel C9:
1) 4GB internal memory (Available memory: 2.2GB) with no option to install apps directly SD card. This is a major problem for those who wants to install heavy games n apps like Asphalt 8. That's the only reason I couldn't buy this phone. If you can root this phone, then it's perfect and much better value-buy compared to Alcatel
2) Build Quality is not on par with ALcatel
3) LEnovo's UI looks stale and bland compared to Alcatel
4) Smaller capacity battery
It's RM699 here in Malaysia. Simple Budget HP. Getting one this Evening. Will post My Experience Soon
good mid-range phone, good battery life (decent use) but no way to root this phone yet.
AnonD-25563, 04 Feb 2014Is it good to use in Cambodia?m not yet test, 166$ with sim lock.